Ottawa Long Distance Moving Companies
Did you know that the average American family moves at least once every five years? The primary reason is in search of a bigger house to accommodate the increasing family size. With so much to do within the little time available, hiring professionals will help you transition with ease. Let professionals handle your move to Ottawa by hiring the leading movers in Kansas. We offer a variety of services including vehicle transportation.
Tips to ease your move
- Request your movers to give you a list of items they won’t move. These include ammunition, guns, acids, paint thinner among others. Knowing this will help you make other transport arrangements.
- Use wrapping paper to wrap your fragile items like glassware and china. Pack them vertically and place plastic plates in-between your dishes to prevent breakages. Make sure you seal the boxes properly to keep the items safe.
- When packing, don’t overload the boxes. Pack heavy items in the smaller boxes and light items in the larger boxes.
- When hiring a moving company, make thorough investigations to make sure you're dealing with a reputable mover. Pick a date that is more convenient for you.
- Downsize your household items and only move with what you require. You may opt to sell or donate items that you no longer need.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need a professional moving company
- Protection for your items: Moving is not just boxing up your items and transporting them. You have to pack strategically while taking special care of delicate items. Professional movers are cut out for such jobs. With their training and techniques, they will pack your items and deliver them safely.
- Use of right equipment: Moving heavy items is risky especially if you don’t have the necessary equipment. Professional movers have the right tools and skills to carry your heavy furniture through narrow corridors and safely load them into trucks. They use straps, blankets, and dollies to move your items from one point to another quickly.
- Insurance cover: Keeping your items safe is something professional movers don’t take lightly. These are your worldly possessions and losing them will adversely affect you, hence the need to insure them. This way, you are sure of reimbursement in case of any mishaps.
- Experience: A professional moving company handles moves every day. They know what to expect in every move and know the safest and shortest routes to use when transporting your belongings. You can trust them to deliver your items without any problems and help you settle as quickly as possible. With professional movers, you won't lose your quality time since they’ll ensure everything goes according to plan.
How to choose the right moving company
Hire a company that’s been accredited by the BBB. The Better Business Bureau endorses companies that consistently provide services of high standards. However, if a moving company is not listed, it doesn’t mean it can’t be trusted.
Read the reviews of moving companies to get insights from other people’s perspective. Consumers are always willing to share their experiences with moving companies through social media or reputable sites like Angie’s List and movingscam.com. You can also read consumer’s testimonials on the companies’ websites.
Only hire a legitimate moving company. Out-of-state movers need to be licensed by the FMCSA. If it’s a move within the state, make sure the company is licensed by the Kansas Corporation Commission.
Word of mouth still plays an important role in marketing. People like to share information, and all you need to do is ask. If there’s a local moving company near you, ask neighbors and people you know if they can recommend the company. With such information, you can make wise decisions based on facts.
Our moving services
- Residential moving
- Long distance moving
- Office relocation
- Military moving
- Storage options
- Corporate moving
- Auto transport (car transportation)
- International and local moves
- Packing and unpacking
- Cheap movers in Ottawa
Why use A-1 Auto Transport?
We turn your dreams of moving into reality. With A-1 Auto Transport, you don’t need to be stressed about moving. We handle everything from packing to unpacking at your new home. Our services are tailor-made just for you, and our professional staff will not rest until you’re settled. If you’re looking for reliability, convenience, and affordability, look no further than A-1 Auto Transport.
Hire us today
Get in touch with our customer support team on 888-509-3213 to learn more about our services and make your reservation. Get free moving quotes by completing the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.