- Otsego Long Distance Moving Companies
- Top 5 tips to ease your move
- The importance of hiring a professional moving company
- Out of State Movers Near Me
- Ways to find the best moving company
- We specialize in these services
- Why choose A-1 Auto Transport?
- Get in touch
Otsego Long Distance Moving Companies
Did you know that May is the National Moving Month? It’s the prime season for moving companies with thousands of people relocating to different cities. If you have a move to or from Otsego looming, you don’t have to feel overwhelmed. Let the professionals at A-1 Auto Transport handle your move. Backed by over 25 years in the industry, we are highly experienced in moving houses. Visit our offices in Minnesota and receive expert advice from our specialists. We also relocate vehicles.
Top 5 tips to ease your move
- Use large boxes for lighter items like beddings and smaller boxes for heavy items such as books. This will keep the weight of the boxes manageable hence carrying them will be easy.
- Use the right packing materials for your stuff. The boxes should be strong and brand new to keep your items from falling when moving them. Use high-quality sealing tape, markers, bubble wrap and packing paper.
- Collect all the screws, nuts and bolts from disassembled furniture and put them in Ziploc bags. Stick the bags on the pieces of furniture they belong to for ease during re-assembly. Similarly, pack any other small items in the Ziploc bags so that you don’t lose them.
- If possible pack electronic devices and appliances in their original boxes. They are specially designed to protect the items when being moved around. Alternatively, cushion them properly using packing paper or soft clothes.
- Pack your valuables and important documents in separate bags. Do the packing yourself for security reasons.
The importance of hiring a professional moving company
- Inventory: Imagine going through every room to write down everything you own. Not only is the process tedious but stressful as well. Leave it to the professional movers; they are trained for this kind of work.
- They are transparent: When moving, companies are obligated to provide you with a written estimate of how much your move is likely to cost. Professional movers send their experts to assess what you own so that they can give a more accurate estimate. They are transparent and you don’t have to worry about hidden costs.
- You'll avoid damages: In a DIY move, you're likely to break some items due to lack of skills and experience. This will be a loss on your side and will add to the stress you already have. By hiring professional movers, the risk of breakages or damages is greatly reduced. Additionally, they provide insurance cover which means you will be compensated for any loss.
- Storage services: If you need a place to store your items temporarily, professional movers are your best option. Their storage facilities are climate controlled to keep your items in safe conditions. With a 24-hour surveillance system, you're guaranteed of the security of your belongings.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-241-3110 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Out of State Movers Near Me
Ways to find the best moving company
Be sure you're working with the actual mover. Brokers are not regulated by the same rules as moving companies hence you might be disadvantaged. Check out the company in advance to confirm their name is registered with the FMCSA.
Ask for recommendations and references from friends, co-workers, and neighbors who have recently moved. Write down the suggested companies and check out their reputation on the trusted Better Business Bureau website. Working with a well-known mover gives you confidence that they will handle your items properly and deliver them within the deadline.
Get everything in writing. Read the fine print carefully before signing any contract. Don’t sign any blank documents for your safety. If there's any part that doesn’t seem clear, don’t hesitate to ask for clarifications. Remember, the safety of your items should always come first, so follow your instincts when looking for reliable movers.
Give preference to ProMover members. These are companies that have been vetted and their track records checked. The initiative by AMSA aims at keeping consumers from falling into the hands of rogue operators.
We specialize in these services
- Residential moving
- Commercial moving
- Door to door moving
- Auto transport (vehicle transportation)
- Interstate and intrastate moving
- International moves
- Piano moving
Why choose A-1 Auto Transport?
We are here to give you a great moving experience. With us, you can relax knowing that your move is handled by professionals. Regardless of your location, A-1 Auto Transport will get you there fast. Your relocation doesn’t have to be stressful, let the professionals do what they do best and you will have the best time of your life.
Get in touch
Get exclusive details about our services by calling us on 888-241-3110. For free moving estimates, remember to fill out the form at the top of this page.