Online Searches vs Real Estate Agents: What Works Better?
In a world where technology has taken over almost anything, it is no wonder so many home sellers and buyers are going online as well. In the last few months, the number of people who look for houses and even carry out these transactions online has gone from zero to 5% and this is expected to increase drastically over the next few years. However, that leaves a good 95% of people who still go the old way of sourcing a real estate agent to find them a suitable house.
So, between online searches and real estate agents, which one works better? Here is a look at both:
Real estate agents
The only disadvantage associated with hiring a broker or a real estate agent is the 3 to 5 percent commission that they get which is a lot of money. However, there must be a reason why many people find it worth paying the commission despite the fact that you can find a home online at no charge at all.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Advantages of real estate agents
- Shopping for a house is no easy task unless you are planning to dedicate half your day every day to do just that. Since a real estate agents’ full time job is to know where all the properties are and their features, they are the most convenient way to go. You will not have to spend countless hours on the internet looking for properties and making calls to every owner. A real estate agent will take care of all the details and all you have to do is just show up for the site visits.
- One of the most difficult things to do when buying a house is negotiating to get the deal you want. What if the house has most of the features you want but the finish is horrendous? Real estate agents can convey this to the seller for a better deal without hurting their feelings so you don’t get disqualified for the offer. It is the job of the agent to get you what you want at the price you want.
With a simple internet search, you can find a listing of the houses listed in the neighborhood you want. It’s a fast and convenient way to find a house plus you won’t have to pay someone thousands of dollars in commission. However, as with everything internet based, you can’t know what is genuine and what is not because people can exaggerate, lie and the internet is full of fraudsters. Another disadvantage is that you have to make all the calls to the sellers yourself, make appointments for house visits and do all the follow ups and contracts yourself.
So, online search or real estate agent? While the answer to this depends on the buyer of the home, it is much safer and easier to use a professional agent. This is because they will give you their time, professional knowledge and deal with all the technicalities for you.
State to State Moving Services
- Affordable Long Distance Moving Services
- Apartment Moves
- Cheapest Ways To Move Long Distance
- Commercial Moves
- Corporate Relocation
- Full Service Moves
- Furniture Moves
- Government Moving
- Local Moves
- Long Distance House Moving Companies
- Long Distance Moving Prices
- Long Distance Moving Services
- Military Moves
- Military Moving Companies
- Moving & Storage
- Office Moves
- Piano Moves
- Pool Table Moves
- Senior Moves
- Small Moves
- State to State Moving Services