Oneonta Long Distance Moving Companies
Did you know that over 40 million Americans relocate every year? Moving can be fast and efficient if you hire the right moving company. Our highly qualified personnel will handle your belongings carefully and help make your transition easy. We only deliver services that suit your needs. Make your move to Oneonta memorable by enlisting our services today. We also offer vehicle transport services.
Easy hacks to make moving fun
- If you dismantle furniture, put the screws, nuts, and bolts in Ziploc bags to avoid losing them. Attach the bags to the appropriate pieces of furniture for easy reassembly at your new house.
- Update your address by filling out a Change of Address You will need to notify your doctor, bank, friends, and family of the upcoming event and email them the new address.
- If you have pets, find out the laws governing pet transport. You will most likely be required to take your pets for vaccination and have the supporting documents. It is wise to talk to the animal’s department for the information you need.
- Pack early. Gather the required packing materials and start packing those items that are used less frequently such as seasonal clothes. Label each box as soon as you finish packing to make the work of the movers easier when unloading and unpacking.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
The importance of hiring a professional moving company
- Convenience. Professional movers have the right tools and equipment to handle the heavy stuff. They know the techniques to use when carrying delicate items like the piano down a flight of stairs and you can be certain your items will be delivered in good condition. They offer an all-inclusive service package so you can use your time to finish up other issues.
- Storage services. If you're looking for a safe place to temporarily store your items, your movers have the solution. Most companies have secure storage facilities which are climate controlled to maintain the state of your items.
- Risks will be minimal. Professional movers are trained to deal with any situation that may arise. They possess the right skills to handle a move of any size. They know how to pack with care, load and unload your household items, and make sure no one gets hurt. You won't have to take part in any of the physical activities, the movers are physically fit and will do the hard work for you.
- You're covered. When items break while in your hands, you will have to dig deep into your pocket to repair or replace them. However, professional movers offer a variety of insurance options to protect your household items in case of an accident. Your mind will be relaxed knowing that the safety of your items is in the hands of the movers.
Steps to follow when hiring a mover
- Seek recommendations from family, friends, work colleagues and local real estate agents. At least one of them will have used moving services and by sharing their experience, you will have the information you need to make an informed decision. Remember to do thorough research on each company so that you hire a mover that suits you best.
- A reputable mover should have proper licensing. Search for your company in the FMCSA database either by name or USDOT Number. If you are moving within the state, check if your mover has a valid license from the New York Department of Transportation.
- Ask as many questions as possible to get a clear picture of the company you are interested in. Your aim is to get relevant responses to your questions. If for some reasons you don’t feel they are transparent, look for another mover. Your items are valuable and deserve to be handled by a mover you can trust.
- Military relocation
- Piano moving
- Office relocation
- Storage options
- Packing supplies
- Internationally moves
- Commercial moving
- Vehicle transport
Why you need our services
A-1 Auto Transport has been specializing in moving houses since the 90’s and we keep improving our services to reach more people and serve you better. We have thousands of satisfied customers who can attest to the quality of services we offer. With an A+ rating with the BBB, you can expect your move to be handled professionally. Our staff is totally committed to the interest of each customer with the aim of making their moves successful.
Call us now
For customized services and personalized assistance, contact us on 888-509-3213. Get free moving estimates by filling out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.