O’Fallon Long Distance Moving Companies
So you’re moving across the state and excited at the prospects of settling into a bigger apartment in O’Fallon. While there may be varied reasons as to why you’re moving, one constant remains; you have to look for the right moving company for a smooth transition. Hiring an Illinois based mover will be a wise decision. We are familiar with the region and our drivers know the best routes to use to ensure safe and secure delivery of your belongings. Our unique services are carried out by professionals and include vehicle transport.
Tips to ease your move
- Gather sufficient boxes before you start packing. Visit the liquor stores or bookstores and request for the boxes. They have plenty and will be more than happy to offer them free of charge.
- When packing, start with the rooms that are used less often since you won’t be using those items anytime soon. Seasonal equipment like snowboard and winter clothes should top the list.
- Create a list of things-to-do to act as a guide to help you stay focused and organized. If you stick to the laid out plans, you’ll be able to complete your tasks before you even know it. This way you’ll be ready for moving day.
- Make sure you carefully read the documents from your mover before signing anything. Most people skip to the signing part only to realize later that there were hidden charges or things you didn’t agree on.
- Visit the new city you’re moving to and find a good school for your kids. Learn a few things about the area such as the closest hospital, social amenities, and the general attribute of people living there. This will help you transition more comfortably.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need a professional moving company
- Save time: Moving house means taking time off work to concentrate on the moving plans and making the necessary arrangements. However, when you hire a professional mover, this won’t be the case since they’ll handle everything. They’ll also make sure your items are delivered within the proposed timeline.
- Safety from injuries: There’s nothing as stressful as trying to move your heavy sofa down the stairs especially if you live on the fourth floor or above. Avoid this stress by letting the professionals handle the move. They have the skills, equipment, and manpower to lift your items without breaking a sweat.
- Professionalism: A professional moving company must be licensed by the FMCSA to be allowed to operate in the transport industry. This means that the company has complied with the state regulations and fulfilled all the requirements. You’ll be confident that your items will be in safe hands throughout the process.
How to find a trustworthy moving company
Make sure the company has a physical office. This will make it easy to track them or lodge a complaint in case of any concerns. They should also display their contact information and brand name on their fleet of vehicles for easy identification.
Ask the mover to provide you with references you can talk to either face-to-face or through the phone to know more about the quality of their services.
Check if your mover has been issued the 11-digit number by the U.S. Department of Transportation. The number acts as a permit for the company to crisscross the different states without complications. If it’s a move within the state, movers must follow the regulations of different states.
The safety of your belongings should always come first when planning a move, that’s why it's crucial to hire a mover that’s insured. This way, you will not bear the cost of items damaged or lost in transit. Verify if your mover is insured by visiting the Licensing and Insurance Public database.
Our moving services
- Vehicle transport
- Office relocation
- Packing and unpacking
- Long distance moving
- Military relocation
- Piano moving
- Storage options
- Door to door moving
- Cheap O´Fallon movers
Why use us?
With over 25 years’ experience moving people across the U.S. and overseas, we can assure you that our services are above par. We listen to you and advice you on the best moving solution to make your move as smooth as possible. Our courteous and friendly staff is always ready to offer any assistance you may need. With A-1 Auto Transport, you get quality services at affordable rates.
Give us a call
Call us now on 888-509-3213 and speak directly to us for more details about our services. Get free instant moving quotes by completing the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.