Deliver Your Home Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for moving to or from Ocean City, New Jersey
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call now 1-888-509-3213
Ocean City Long Distance Moving Companies
Based in New Jersey, A-1 Auto Transport is a reputable mover that offers exceptional moving services at affordable rates. When preparing to move in or out of Ocean City, don’t feel stressed out. Our experts will take over and make your life easier. Plus, you get to choose from a wide variety of services including vehicle transport.
Pro tips to make moving less painful
- Get rid of items you no longer use. Sort everything and make a decision on what to donate or sell. Moving with less luggage makes your move affordable and easy to manage.
- Save yourself valuable time and the possibility of a headache by taking photos of how your electronic devices are connected. Do the same with wall hangings and decorations if you want to recreate the same living space in your new home.
- Use blankets, towels and soft clothes as your padding materials. Any item that is fragile needs to be wrapped carefully before packing. This prevents them from getting damaged during transit.
- Color code your boxes to make it easy for the movers to do their job. Assign a specific color to each of your rooms and mark the boxes with labels of the same color. Now mark the rooms in your new house with the corresponding colors and you will have simplified work for everyone.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
The benefits of hiring professional movers
- The right equipment: Moving is stressful especially when you don’t have the appropriate tools and equipment to move heavy and bulky household items. Professional movers have invested in such equipment making it convenient to hire them. They also have trucks designed to carry your belongings to your new house safely. No matter how complicated your move might seem, they will get the job done.
- Affordable services: Moving on your own becomes more challenging when your stuff gets damaged and you encounter costs you had not planned for. However, professional movers consider all the factors affecting your move and capture them in one place. They give accurate estimates which help you avoid overspending.
- Experience: Most professional movers have operated for more than 10 years and know your locality well. They know the safest and fastest routes to use when transporting your belongings; this save lots of time. Their drivers are competent and know how to maneuver the trucks through different road terrains and weather ensuring nothing gets damaged.
- Liability: Professional movers must provide the government’s basic insurance cover of 60 cents per pound per item. This, however, may not cover the value of your items hence it is advisable to purchase additional insurance. Discuss the details with your mover and pick an insurance option that fits your budget.
Things to look out for when hiring a mover
Ask for their registration number. Every moving company must have a USDOT Number to be allowed to transport household items across state borders. Check the FMCSA database to verify the details. You want to work with a legitimate moving company.
Is your mover a certified ProMover member? AMSA makes sure that its members are thoroughly screened before being certified. The certification means that the mover has complied with the rules of the association and operates legally.
Get everything in writing. Contracts, moving dates, and any other relevant details should be put on paper to act as a reference. Don’t sign blank documents. The mover might change the terms of agreements which will complicate matters later on.
Be wary of a mover who charges unreasonably low rates. Get estimates from at least three movers to know the average market price. Rogue movers charge low in order to attract clients only to demand more cash before releasing their belongings.
- Door to door moving
- Long distance moving
- Vehicle transport
- Residential moving
- Office relocation
- Military relocation
- Storage services
Our experience of almost 30 years makes us the pride of New Jersey. We take every move with the seriousness it deserves by offering custom-made moving solutions. Our experts will listen to you and suggest the best moving practices to make your move less stressful. We handle household items with care and we can assure you nothing will get damaged on our watch. Additionally, A-1 Auto Transport is a fully insured moving company which means your items are in safe hands.
Make the switch today
Experience real professionals at work by hiring us today. Get in touch with us through our toll-free number 888-509-3213 and get free instant quotes by filling out the form at the top of this page.