Oakwood Long Distance Moving Companies
Oakwood boasts of a rich architectural heritage. Great housing is a key value in this area because it is an affluent city. Many houses are set on well-secluded lands surrounded by lots of trees. Oakwood hosts the ‘Beautification Awards’ where awards are given to the most beautiful houses in order to maintain the city’s visual appeal. We are Oakwood’s preferred mover and we would love to make your move a success. We also offer auto transport options.
Most common moving frauds
It is your responsibility as a client to do your due diligence before you hire a mover to have a guarantee on a safe and reliable move. Below are some of the most common moving scams in the US:
- Companies that do not agree to offer in-house estimate surveys; they will possibly give you a guessed estimate that might be too good to be true.
- Movers who require you to pay in cash or down payments of more than 25% of the moving estimate. Most movers allow you to pay on delivery. Where and when possible pay with a credit card so as to show proof in case you need to file for claims. Paying in advance reduces your control in terms of delivery date.
- When a moving representative is not interested in asking questions pertinent to your move. As a client, you should make sure that you show the representative all the items you need to move; be sure to go to the attic, basement or garage where you may have stored some items.
- Some companies that have been reported for doing bad business go around this by getting new business names. Get all the names that your mover uses and the company’s federal license number. Be sure to confirm your company’s physical address and call them – alarm bells should go off if your call is not answered in the company’s name.
- Companies that continually offer bad services. Request for contacts of at least three people they have moved from your area. Contact them and find out their experiences.
- While packing your own goods might save you on packing costs it puts you at the risk of the mover not being liable for damage to your items. Thus, it is sometimes advisable to hire full services of movers but be available to supervise them to ensure your property is not damaged.
- Movers who charge you for services that you had not requested or that were not necessary.
- Some movers hoard your items and demand for a hefty amount beyond what had been agreed upon.
- Movers who do not give you everything in writing. Your mover should give you estimates that have all possible costs, a fully inclusive inventory and a contract that stipulates pickup and delivery dates. Make sure that every item is listed on the inventory as you cannot make a claim for an item that is not listed.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Handling moving fraud
If you fall prey to rogue movers, you should file a complaint with the FMCSA or call our customer care center on 888-368-7238 between 8:00a.m and 8:00p.m from Monday to Friday. Your complaint may help us launch an investigation against the mover. You can also review the company on platforms such as Better Business Bureau and Yelp so that you can help warn other customers.
Our moving services
We offer a variety of accessorial services to complement your move in Oakwood:
- Hoisting and rigging for bulky items
- Exclusive use of moving vehicle
- Waiting or redelivery fees
- Warehousing; both on short and long-term basis
- Extra stops for pickups or drop offs
- Clean up and management of debris
- Long carries
- Servicing of appliances
- Flight services
Why A-1 Auto Transport Inc?
- We have complied with the federal law requirement of registration and acquiring insurance for both our staff and your cargo.
- We will give you high quality services at the most competitive rates in Oakwood; get your free no obligation quote today.
- We have been in the business long enough and we have delivered millions of successful moves.
- We are members of the American Moving and Storage Association.
- We have the best and most diverse moving resources that will ensure all your items are moved safely and reliably.
Contact us today
Fill in the form at the top of this page and our agents in Oakwood will get in touch with you. Alternatively, you can contact our customer care team in Oakwood via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or call our hotlines on 888-509-3213. We would love you to be counted amongst our happy clients!
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.