Moving is a process that has been described as challenging by most people all over the world. Yes, that is right! Moving is a universal process, yet despite geographical boundaries, most people drawn from different countries all over the world seem to agree on the uphill task that moving has often proved to be. Despite these depressing statistics, Americans still move like clockwork every year. Different people have different reasons for moving, such as to have an easier commute to work or to upgrade to better housing. Students all over the country move for two basic reasons which are to join a university after graduating high school or out of the university dorms after attaining their undergraduate courses. Some students, however, opt not to move into university accommodation altogether but still move out of home. Whatever the reason for your move to or from Oakland University in Michigan , we are here to help you have a stress-free move.
How to have a stress-free move
Moving day need not be a stressful time for you. We have compiled a few tips to help you move with zero stress.
- Decide on where you will live: If you are moving to university, it is important to make a decision early on whether you will live in the dorms or off campus. Living on campus has its benefits such as proximity to your classes, while living outside gives you more liberties.
- Pack what you will need only: Once you decide where you are going to live, this will advise just how much and what you can pack. Dorm accommodations will come with most of the furniture you need, but an apartment will require you to pack a bit more.
- Hire moving help: Moving stress can be greatly reduced by hiring a professional moving company. This is a costly investment, but one whose benefits you will definitely reap immediately.
Why you should hire a professional moving company
As mentioned above, this is one of the most fool-proof ways of avoiding moving day stress. Other benefits of hiring a professional mover include the ones listed below.
- Professional packing services: A DIY packing might seem to save you more, until you add up the number of excess moving boxes that you bought, or the damage that you could incur from packing your fragile items the wrong way. Let the professionals handle the packing in the right way.
- Right equipment: That truck you are planning to borrow or hire from a friend may not be suited to your move based on its size as well as lack of equipment to load it. Movers have all the right equipment to make your move seamless.
- Straight-forward estimates: Professional movers will give you estimates based on all the costs that your move will incur. This will help you to budget as there will not arise any surprise costs along the way as opposed to a DIY move.
How to find the right moving company
Finding the right moving company can prove to be an uphill task for a first time mover like you. However, we have put together a list of what to look out for during this process.
- Recommendations: Gather as much information about the local moving companies as you can from friends, and family as well as local realtors. You can also ask local business owners to give you their recommendations based on their experiences.
- Write a list: Once you have researched about the local moving companies, write a list with their names and contacts. Your list should have not more than 5 companies so that you can carry out a rigorous background check on each one.
- Research online reviews: The internet is another great resource that you can use to find out more about the companies that you have shortlisted. Search the reviews on sites such as Yelp and the Better Business Bureau.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
A-1 Auto Transport Inc moving services
We offer various moving services such as full service moves, packing and unpacking services, furniture disassembly and reassembly, pool table shipping, dorm arrangement, apartment moving and auto transport. Furthermore, we offer local and long distance moving, nationwide and international moving as well as interstate and coast to coast moving services.
Advantages of moving with us
We are a fully fledged moving services provider with over two decades experience in the moving industry. Furthermore, we are fully licensed and insured with an American Moving and Storage Association membership. Besides that, we are a recognized ProMover with great Better Business Bureau rankings.
Give us a call today
We are waiting on you to call us via 888-509-3213 for all your moving needs and queries. You may also contact us by filling out the form at the top of this page.