Oakland Long Distance Moving Companies
Relocating is both time consuming and strenuous. However, certain circumstances may dictate that you move to a new city. It may be a new job, a spouse, or you simply looking for a better school district. No matter the reason, you will need all the help you can get to make it successful.
If you are planning to relocate to Oakland, you are in luck. We are professional movers based in California with lots of moving hacks and tips to share. In addition to household moves, we also relocate cars.
Tips to make your move easier
- Stay organized: The most demanding part of any move is packing. You cannot just shove everything in the back of a truck and call it a day. You ought to plan and pack in an orderly manner to ensure everything is secure and easy to spot. All the boxes need to be clearly labelled based on the contents and rooms they belong to. If done right, unpacking will be a breeze.
- Find a sitter: If your children are at the adventurous stage where their eager minds will not let them sit still, you ought to look into hiring a sitter. You don’t want them running around delicate boxes on the day of the move. They may end up breaking your valuables or worse still get injured. To prevent such a menace, let the sitter keep an eye on them till you have relocated and unpacked.
- Pack your essentials separately: After the long day of packing, loading, unloading, you are bound to be dog-tired. You will not be able to muster the strength to unpack everything right away. To avoid the hassle of looking through tons of boxes to find your everyday staples, its best you pack them all in one place.
Find a clear plastic bin and place all your essentials like toothbrush, comb, medication, water bottle etc. The clear bin will stand out from the rest of the boxes.
Why you should hire a professional moving company
We recommend hiring professional movers for the reasons listed below.
- First, they have all the right supplies. They have boxes, wardrobe boxes, tape, moving dollies, trucks, a ramp on the truck, and the right crew.
- When you use professional movers, there’s a lower chance of damage not only to your belongings, but also to your rental property.
- Professional movers are also insured so if anything happens to your belongings or your rental property, the moving company is responsible for compensating you or the landlord.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best moving company
The sad reality is that not all movers in Oakland are equipped to handle long distance moves. Here is how to find the right fit.
- Ask your friends and family for referrals of reputable movers they have interacted with in the recent past. Get at least 5 names then further research on them.
- Ensure they are insured, bonded and registered with the Department of Transportation.
- Cross check their reputation and past experiences by combing through third party review sites like
- Get a written quote from the mover of choice before signing up with them.
Our moving services
- Local and Long Distance Moving
- State to State and Cross Country Moving
- Residential and Commercial Moving
- Heavy Furniture- Example: Pool Table and Piano Moving
- Door to Door Moving
- International Relocations
- Full Service Packing and Unpacking
- Moving Storage Solutions
- Packaging Materials and Solutions
- Military and Student Moving
- Office Relocations
- Apartment and Studio Relocations
- Vehicle Relocations
- Cheap Oakland movers
International And Overseas Moving To Or From Oakland
You’ll need some items when going on a trip. However, if you have to bring everything you own, you’ll need more than a large suitcase.
People worry about spending too much on movers, but the benefits outweigh the cons. You won’t have to worry about how you’ll get your things across an ocean, and you won’t have to procure packing materials or people to help you. You won’t need help with the lifting and you won’t have to call randomly to try and figure out what paperwork is required to cross the border.
Of course, there are also lower priced moving options you can look into. A1 auto transport gives discounts in numerous situations. If you want to work with us or need more information, let us know.
Why A-1 auto transport?
At A-1 Auto transport you get much more than you bargain for. We have large economies of scale that enable us to keep costs low while maintaining high standards. This is thanks to our knowledgeable team of experts and over thirty years of experience in the industry.
Our drivers have been trained to be responsive, patient and creative when faced with issues such as traffic delays. Our exemplary service has seen us handle over one hundred thousand customers every year. Of these, a vast majority has been very pleased with our services. This is clearly shown in the many positive testimonials we have received.
Get in touch!
If you are planning a move to or from Oakland, kindly contact our experts on our toll free line 888-509-3213. Don’t forget to get free estimates by filling out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.