Moving is a process that has long been termed as daunting. Despite this, in America alone, at least 46 million people move annually, relocating both locally and long-distance. Furthermore, more ladies than men take on the daunting task of moving each year! Moreover, moving is a seasonal process especially for students as they relocate to join or leave an institution of higher learning such as the Northern Marianas College. Students tend to move en masse during the fall season. Therefore, it is important that you get the process right since you will be moving during a high moving season. At A1 Auto Transport Inc, we have been in the business of moving families, students and businesses all over the United States Commonwealth as well as the United States itself with great success. You can count on us to have a super smooth process if you follow our free moving tips as we give them here.
Tips to smooth student relocation
Moving as a student may seem daunting due to the fact that it may be your first individual move as an adult. However, we have come up with a few moving tips to help make the transition easier for you.
- Source for packing materials early: You will need lots of moving boxes and supplies to pack your items in comfortably. Look for affordable or even free moving boxes from shops such as furniture, liquor and grocery stores. They will be glad to give you these for free.
- Start packing early: The early bird adage fits in very well during moving. Packing is one of the tasks that you can begin weeks before your moving day. Be sure to pack as early as possible, organizing your items from different rooms into separate boxes.
- Label and number your boxes: As you continue packing, ensure that you label each of the boxes very clearly. When you find that one room has more than one box, be sure to use a clear numbering system in order to avoid any mix-up or confusion during unpacking.
Why you should consider hiring a professional moving company
Moving is a process which is best handled by professional movers since they have the know-how. In addition, there are other advantages tied to using professional movers such as;
- The right equipment: Moving requires the right equipment to allow for a smoother and faster process. Professional movers over time have a collection of the correct equipment for any kind of move. These include moving dollies, hoisting straps, specialized trucks and so on.
- There’s less risk involved: During moving, anything can happen to you or your belongings especially when handled by inexperienced hands. To avoid this, professional movers come in handy since they have all the know-how and techniques of packing, hoisting and lifting without a high risk of injury to self or your items.
How to find the best moving company
There are tons of moving companies out there, but not all of them will be able to offer you the services you need. Here are some ways to find the best student moving company.
- The name: Most moving companies will have a generic name, which does not say much about their offering. Some specialized movers however will have a tag in their name which will point to the kind of moving they do. Look for movers who have a special tag for student moving in their names.
- Their length of operation: Professional movers have been in the moving industry for a long time; for example, we have been around for over twenty years! Look out for movers who have been around long enough, as they come with valuable experience.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our moving services
A-1 Auto Transport Inc offers local moving, long distance, nationwide and international relocation services. Furthermore, we also offer full service moves, professional packing services, auto transport, access to affordable moving companies, moving labor for hire, apartment moving, dorm moving and arrangement, door to door moving, specialized pool table shipping, professional moving estimates, clean and secure moving storage, cheap cost of moving and so many more services.
Why you should move with us
We are fully licensed and insured, as well as have a wealth of experience in the moving industry spanning over twenty years. Additionally, we are a recognized ProMover and a member of the American Moving and Storage Association. Moreover, we have great rankings on the Better Business Bureau which have been consistent and are backed by good customer reviews.
Call us today
You can reach us by dialing 888-509-3213 for all your moving needs or by filling out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - email@example.com