Moving To Or From Northern Illinois University (NIU)
Moving is a process more intricate and complicated than tossing a few items into a box, throwing them in the back of a U-Haul and whistling as you drive down a scenic country road. Actually, for most people, moving has proved to be quite challenging; in fact, if they could avoid moving altogether, they would be happier. While we understand the intricacies of moving, we can assure you that your student move need not be a daunting affair. Your move to or from Northern Illinois University might be the first move you are making by yourself, and we are promising to deliver a seamless experience to you. Our company has moved thousands of folks all across Illinois, the entire country and globe with great ease and success. We have over twenty years of experience in the moving industry, therefore, you can trust our word when we give it.
Here’s how to achieve a smooth student move
This student move is the first of many that you will undertake throughout your lifetime; therefore, it’s important to us that you get it right. Here is how to do this.
- Ask friends for help: Turn your move into a party! Call some friends over and get packing with some music blaring in the background, some drinks and plenty of food. You will be amazed how much packing you can get done this way.
- Pack an overnight bag: Do not forget to pack a bag for your first few days and nights in your dorm room or new apartment. Remember that you may not be able to unpack immediately so you want to have a clean change of clothes and all the toiletries you need daily.
- Hire movers as soon as possible: Hiring a professional moving company with a few days left to your move will not only be stressful but will definitely be expensive. Ensure that you have locked down a mover at least four weeks to your move.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you ought to consider professional moving services
Hiring a moving company may seem like a huge step, and an expensive one, but you will be glad you did. Here are a few reasons why.
- It is more convenient: Professional movers will come with all the skills, experience and equipment you need for your move. Furthermore, they know how to handle any surprises such as tricky stairwells or bulky furniture with ease.
- It is easier: Once you hire the services of a professional moving company, you don’t have to worry about walking around with sore muscles for the next week. Neither do you have to contemplate skipping classes due to fatigue.
- Access to moving storage: You may find that you cannot move in with all your items at once, therefore you will require storage. Professional moving companies have storage facilities which you can utilize at the snap of your fingers. This eliminates the stress of having to run around looking for storage.
Tips for finding the best professional moving company
Finding the best moving company for your move requires a systematic and thorough approach. We have put together a few tips to employ in this regard.
- Write a list: Based on your own research, write a list of moving companies near you that you feel fit the bill for your university move. You can write these from the most eligible to the least eligible.
- Research their quality of service: A moving company’s track record is measured by the kind of service they give. Research online customer reviews and find out if the company lives up to its promise of service delivery. Cross out those that do not meet the mark.
- Obtain moving estimates: From your whittled down list, call the remaining companies and request them for an estimate. It is preferable to have an on-site estimate as this captures the entire scope of your move with greater accuracy. Using the figures you have received and your gut feeling, select the best company.
Our moving services
Our company offers a huge selection of moving services, some of which are local and long distance moving, cross country and interstate moving, coast to coast moving and international moving services. Furthermore, we offer dorm moving and arrangement, apartment moving, installation of fixtures, moving labor, professional estimates, moving advice, vehicle transportation, moving storage and many more services.
Why you should move with us
We are fully licensed and insured, with an amazing track record of over 20 years. Our Better Business Bureau ranking has remained consistent over the years too. Moreover, we have an association with the American Moving and Storage Association as well as ProMover.
Call us today!
You can call us via 888-509-3213 for all your moving needs. Alternatively, when you fill out the form at the top of this page, we shall get in touch with you as soon as possible.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org