North Royalton Long Distance Moving Companies
Many people consider moving as a generally tasking time in their lives. However, moving does not have to be tasking and it should not take away the excitement of relocating to a new house, neighborhood, state or country. Hiring professional movers helps to take away the hassle related to managing many small moving tasks. North Royalton prides itself in being the perfect place to live, work and play. It is located in Cuyahoga County and it became a city in 1961. At A-1 Auto Transport we have helped thousands of people to move to, from or within North Royalton and Ohio. We also offer auto transport services.
Precautions when hiring movers
As a client, you are required to exercise due diligence and precautions in choosing a mover:
- The internet has given rise to many unscrupulous movers who have put up very good websites. So when looking for a mover it is important to start your search off the internet. Look for local movers within your area; you can get referrals from friends and family or check out the local directory.
- Once you have identified at least four local movers request them for an in-house estimate to guide your budgeting decisions. When the moving representative sent by the movers comes over do a thorough interrogation about the business, its previous clients and its capabilities. Ask him/her for the company USDOT and MC numbers to allow you to search for them. From your search, you should confirm that your mover is registered and has an insurance cover of at least $750,000. Ensure they provide you with a written estimate.
- Look up the shortlisted companies’ websites for client testimonials. Also, check other sites for clients’ complaints or compliments. These will help you to know what to expect from the companies. Avoid a company with many negative reviews from different people.
- Check if your mover is a certified ProMover under the American Moving &Storage Association.
- Don’t work with movers who only accept cash payments or require down payments of more than 25% of the estimate.
- Be cautious if your mover does not issue you with a copy of the ‘Your Rights and Responsibilities When You Move’ as it is a standard requirement by the FMCSA.
- Always confirm if your mover has a list of items that they do not move and ask to receive that list ahead of the move.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Non-allowable moving items
The FMSCA, which governs all long distance moves, has set a requirement on items that your movers should and shouldn’t carry to ensure your personal safety and that of your property while in transit. Ask your mover to provide you with a list of items they do not carry. These types of items are classified in three main categories:
- Lethal items. These items tend to be highly flammable, corrosive or are likely to explode under the right conditions. Some of these items may seem harmless by the very nature that we use them often in our households without a care. These items may include fertilizer, bleach, washing agents, car batteries, nail polish remover etc.
- Perishable items. These items must be consumed or used within a very short period if not put in certain conditions such as refrigeration. They may include food and plants. Once you know you are moving ensure that you pare pantry so that you do not have to waste a lot of items.
- Treasured possessions. You are required to move these items yourself because of their sentimental value to you. These will include your medication, jewelry, art pieces and personal documents such as wills. In the case of documents it is helpful to have e-copies and as such you can scan all your important personal documents before the move.
Our services in North Royalton
We are committed to making your move to, from or within North Royalton smooth with our variety of services:
- Free moving estimates
- Storage services
- Military relocations and auto transport
- Packing and unpacking services
- Loading and offloading services
- Rigging and hoisting for bulky items
- Coast-to-coast moves
A-1 Auto Transport your reliable mover
- We have experience spanning over 25 years, which has helped us to acquire an in-depth understanding of the moving landscape.
- We have high-end moving equipment and tools that will make your move very efficient.
- We are fully compliant with all the moving requirements by FMSCA and AMSA.
Get a free quote today
Get your free no obligation quote today by filling the form at the top of this page. You can also drop our North Royalton team an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can call us on 888-509-3213. You will love our prices!
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - email@example.com