North Plainfield Long Distance Moving Companies
In Somerset County, New Jersey, lies the borough of North Plainfield. It is a serene borough with a rich history of the American Revolution. There are state parks and nature reservations with historic look-out points and scenic views. They also have numerous recreational activities for the over 22,000 residents and visiting tourists. If you wish to make your move smooth and stress-free, talk to A-1 Auto Transport. We have professional training and adequate experience to make your relocation process incredible. We also provide vehicle relocation services.
Why you need a moving company
- Experience: Professional movers provide proficient services as they get better with every move they execute. They know all the moving procedures and can deal with moving challenges such as narrow paths in the buildings of New Jersey, extreme weather or bulky items.
- Swift: Moving companies handle moves in a fraction of the time your helpers would. They have professional training in packing, loading and transporting your items. They also come with the right equipment that aid in their move. Moving companies also have trucks that are equipped and conditioned to hold your items such that they remain intact during transit.
- Flexibility: Movers offer a variety of services and a customer can choose what suits their move. They work within your timeline and budget which ensures the move is done efficiently. They also have full-service moves with services such as packing and unpacking to house arrangement. This ensures the customer continues with their daily routine as the company handles their move.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Choose a reliable moving company
Look up profiles of movers on the Better Business Bureau. The organization assesses moving companies and accredits them to ensure they provide quality services to all customers. It is recommended to deal with accredited movers since they answer to the organization. Most members of the organization are also members of the esteemed American Movers and Storage Association.
Verify a company’s credentials at the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association. The association is mandated by the United States Department of Transport to regulate moving companies in the country. You can verify a mover’s household items, moving license, insurance information, safety rating and physical address.
Movers are obligated to furnish you with basic moving information. Read the ‘Your rights and responsibilities when you move’ booklet from the FMCSA. It helps you understand about the different types of moves and how to protect yourself when moving.
Contact at least three moving companies and get an estimate. A moving estimate is based on the weight of your items and the distance to be covered. Beware of very high or low estimates since they could be scams. Get all the estimates in writing and choose the company that has affordable rates and extra services for free.
Moving tips to make your move stress-free
- Plan your move using a moving plan. Start by assigning moving activities such as choosing a reliable moving company and scheduling a moving date two months in advance. Also, source for quality and adequate moving supplies.
- Enlist friends to help with moving activities such as packing non-breakables. They are not liable for any damages, so ensure they do not handle delicate items or valuables. You should also move high-value items under your care since the company’s liability is limited to 60cents a pound.
- Formulate a moving budget. This is the best way to ensure moving costs do not break your move. Keep your expenses lean by moving with items you only need and using free packing supplies.
- Pack your items strategically. Start with non-essentials as you proceed with the everyday items. Use large boxes to pack light items and small boxes for heavy items. Ensure the weight of each box does not exceed 50-60 pounds.
- On moving day, clear all the pathways in your house for the personnel to load your items swiftly and safely.
Why hire A-1 Auto Transport?
Our personnel have professional training audited by the Better Business Bureau. This is adequate assurance you will receive quality services when dealing with A-1 Auto Transport. Our customer service also has a 5-star rating from numerous customer review websites.
Our moving services
- Storage and moving
- State to state moves
- Corporate relocations
- Pet transport
- Vehicle transport
- Residential relocations
- Small moves
- Military moves
- Senior moves
- Furniture moves
Try us today
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.