Deliver Your Home Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for moving to or from North Chicago, Illinois
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call now 1-888-509-3213
North Chicago Long Distance Moving Companies
North Chicago is one of the most diverse and multicultural cities in Illinois. It is home to the Great Lakes Naval Training Center and the Chicago School of Medicine. The city has several parks that provide beautiful scenery for the whole family. Moving house needs a well-executed plan. Enlisting the services of a professional mover in Illinois will help you transition with ease. Our services are custom-made to suit your specific needs and come at affordable rates. We also transport vehicles.
Tips to make your move easier
- Start packing as soon as you set your moving date. Pack room by room starting with the room that’s not used often. Try packing a box or two each evening, and you’ll be surprised with your progress in a few weeks.
- Pick a color to represent each room and mark the boxes with the corresponding stickers. Also, placing a large sign with the words ‘boxes through here’ will help ease the work of your movers.
- Prepare a bag to pack essential items such as toothbrushes, bed sheets, cookware and a change of clothes to help you get through the first two days at your new house. It’s advisable to use a clear plastic bag that can easily be identified and the contents be seen.
- Make arrangements to visit your new house a few days before moving in. Check if any renovations are needed especially for the floor and walls. Ensure the house is clean to make settling in fast and arranging your household items easier.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need a professional moving company
- Insurance cover: By hiring a professional mover, your belongings are protected since the company is insured. You can rest assured that you’ll be reimbursed in case of any unfortunate events.
- Cost-effective: Contrary to popular belief, hiring a moving company is cheaper in the long run compared to moving on your own. Professional movers calculate the cost of moving based on facts like the weight of your items and the distance to be covered. There’s no second-guessing, and they’ll charge you a fixed bill no matter what happens along the way.
- Licensed: The FMCSA licenses and authorizes moving companies to operate in the transport industry. In case your items aren’t delivered, you can lodge a complaint and have the company traced. If you hire a random company with no credentials, it’ll be difficult to track them, and you’ll end up losing your belongings.
- Equipment: To make sure your items are not damaged during the moving process, movers use the appropriate equipment to handle them. They have the right tools to dismantle furniture that won’t fit through your doorway and reassemble them at your new house. They will handle your possessions professionally ensuring they are delivered without a scratch.
How to find the best moving company
- The first step is to ask for recommendations from family members, friends or work colleagues who have recently moved. Shortlist a few companies and look for the one that meets your preferences. Finding a mover this way will save you time and effort.
- If you don’t get any recommendations, search for a moving company online. Most movers have established their online presence by creating websites where they list their services. Compare the rates of a few companies by getting their estimates. However, don’t base your decision solely on the prices, as this may be misleading.
- Visit the Better Business Bureau website to find out what people are saying about your moving company. The bureau endorses and ranks companies that consistently provide high-level services to clients.
- Make sure that the company you are hiring has a physical office where you can visit them and confirm if they have the appropriate equipment to effectively carry out a move. They should have their trucks marked with their brand name together with their contact information.
- Long distance moving
- Office relocation
- Military relocation
- Door to door moving
- Packing supplies
- Pet transport
- Storage services
- International moving
- Full-service pack
- Cheap North Chicago movers
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
We are a reputable moving company that’s fully licensed and insured. We train our staff to provide you with the best moving services while maintaining the safety and security of your items. We have been helping people move to different destinations for close to 30 years. Hire A-1 Auto Transport today and feel the difference.
Give us a call
Call our customer support team on 888-509-3213 to get details on our range of services. Remember to fill out the form at the top of this page to get your free moving quotes.