Deliver Your Home Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for moving to or from Normal, Illinois
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call now 1-888-509-3213
Normal Long Distance Moving Companies
The world is changing rapidly, and the job market has become as competitive as ever. Businesses are expanding, and you might just be posted to a different city or state. Relocating to a new place may be overwhelming, but if you enlist the services of a professional moving company, you will have a painless and stress-free moving experience. At A-1 Auto Transport, Illinois, our priority is to help you transition with ease and settle fast. We handle everything from packing to transporting your belongings so that you can focus on other things. Hire us today and let’s make your move to Normal fun and enjoyable. We also relocate vehicles.
Top 5 moving tips
- Have a notebook where you record everything. These include the moving date, estimates of different companies, your moving budget and the amount of time you’ll need to accomplish the tasks. This way, you’ll be more organized and focused.
- Organize to have the items you no longer need to be removed from your home. You can hold a garage sale or have a local charity come pick up the items. This will create more space for packing and reduce your load.
- Create a flexible schedule to pack your items. Start with the items you won’t be using anytime soon such as seasonal clothes and equipment. Pack at least two boxes every day to help you reduce the workload.
- If possible, use the original packages to pack your electronics. The boxes are designed to protect your TV and other devices from breaking. Alternatively, use newspaper or soft clothes to fill the spaces left after you pack.
- Label everything correctly. Write a description of what’s inside each box on both sides and the top. Labeling not only makes it easy when unloading but also makes your unpacking organized.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you should hire a professional moving company
- Experience: If you are worried about moving expensive household items like TVs and sofa, you shouldn’t. Professional movers have many years of moving experience and know exactly how to handle them. They use heavy-duty wrapping materials to protect your items from any damages.
- Specialized equipment: Moving heavy and awkwardly shaped items can be very challenging and risky. Professional movers have the necessary equipment to lift and carry your belongings without breaking a sweat. They have skills to move items of any size or shape through your corridors or down the stairs. Avoid the risk of getting injured or breaking your items by hiring professionals.
- Insurance: Professional movers are insured which means you’ll be compensated in the unlikely event that any of your belongings get damaged or lost during the move. The federal government requires movers to provide basic coverage of $0.60 per pound per item. The movers offer other options, and it’s advisable to purchase additional insurance for extra protection.
Ways of finding a reliable moving company
Visit reputable sites like Angie’s List and the Better Business Bureau to read the online reviews of moving companies. Customers who have moved are always more than willing to share their experience by leaving positive or negative comments about a moving company. Avoid a company that has too many negative reviews.
Ask your friends, co-workers or family members who have recently moved to recommend a moving company. Use these suggestions to make a list of about 3-5 companies so that you do further research before making a decision.
Use the internet to search for moving companies that provide high quality moving services. Most movers have websites where they advertise their services. Check what they offer and compare their rates by getting the estimates. Make sure they have provided their contact information and they have a physical office.
If you are moving from one state to another, ask your mover to provide you with the USDOT Number. The 11-digit number is issued by the FMCSA which is also responsible for registering and licensing companies operating in the transport industry.
Our moving services
- Long distance moving
- Vehicle transport
- Storage services
- Packing materials
- Door to door moving
- Local and international moving
- Residential and commercial moving
- Office relocation
- Military relocation
- Cheap Normal movers
Why hire A-1 Auto Transport?
We are the premier moving company in Illinois and across the country. Our mission is to offer top-notch moving services at affordable rates and ensure timely deliveries. With over 25 years of experience, you can rely on A-1 Auto Transport to give you the best moving experience of your life.
Get in touch
Call our customer representatives on 888-509-3213 to get advice on which moving plans will suit you. Remember to fill out the form at the top of this page for free moving estimates.