Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Norfolk, Virginia
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Safe & Reliable Norfolk Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Norfolk is the second largest city in Virginia, surpassed only by Virginia Beach, its neighbor to the east. The city Norfolk is independent of any county but is part of the Hampton Roads metro area of Southeast Virginia–not to be confused with the body of water by the same name–on the Chesapeake Bay.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Norfolk to Washington, D.C.||$195||195 miles||1 – 2 days|
|Norfolk to New York||$362||362 miles||2 – 4 days|
|Norfolk to New Orleans||$636||1060 miles||4 – 6 days|
|Miami Beach to Norfolk||$720||961 miles||3 – 5 days|
|Minneapolis to Norfolk||$775||1292 miles||4 – 6 days|
|Las Vegas to Norfolk||$898||1498 miles||4 – 6 days|
|Salt Lake City to Norfolk||$1115||2231 miles||6 – 8 days|
|Norfolk to San Francisco||$1184||2962 miles||7 – 9 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
If you need a car moved to or from Norfolk, we’re here to help! Use the tips below to determine what services you need and the directory to find a local company that offers them.
Using Norfolk Vehicle Transport Companies
- Motor Carrier # – The easiest way to get accurate information about a company that hauls any type of cargo is their MC#, which is issued by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Using this, you can look up specific safety information, complaint history and whether or not a company is a broker or an auto carrier. Alternatively, you can use the USDOT number issued by the department. Companies can be looked up using either number on the Company Snapshot lookup through the FMCSA website.
- Cost Factors – There are many things that influence the total cost of shipping a vehicle. The two main factors are the type of vehicle and the destination point. Obviously, it will cost more to ship a car from Norfolk to Los Angeles than it will from Norfolk to Miami. Other considerations are the delivery time, type of carrier used, insurance and import duties if shipping a car internationally.
- GPS Tracking – Many auto transport companies are now starting to offer satellite tracking on their vehicle deliveries, which means that customers have access to real-time status updates every step of the way. Some car carriers even offer direct communication with the driver, which is a lot easier and quicker than having to go through a dispatch center or wait for a callback. It is highly recommended that you find a carrier that offers GPS tracking if you’re having a valuable, high-end or luxury vehicle shipped to or from Norfolk.
For more information about local businesses in Norfolk, visit the official website for the city.
Long Distance Auto Transport to/from Norfolk
Shipping a car alone to another state is impractical and time consuming. You can skip the planning and the road trip using our long distance shipping services.
Since our company is accustomed with such requests, your car will be safe. From experience, we know which roads are less likely to damage the cargo and which roads have bumps or high risks of accidents. Our drivers are used to long journeys behind the wheel, so the chances of human error are reduced considerably.
Because your car will not actually be driven, it will not suffer from wear and tear during the journey. You won’t accumulate any miles and you’ll receive it in the same state you dropped it off in.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Norfolk Auto Transport Companies Directory
K Line America Inc
A maritime freight transport company in Chesapeake, K Line hauls freight, cargo, and autos to locations across the United States, South America, and Europe. They are a great option if you need a vehicle moved overseas from the East Coast.
1435 Crossways Blvd.
Chesapeake, VA 23320
Hogan’s Transport Towing & Recovery Services LLC
A local towing and recover company based out of Chesapeake, Hogan’s Transport mainly operates as a local auto hauler in Washington. They offer 24-hour roadside assistance in the area and haul vehicles from Norfolk to other parts of the state.
4708 Charlton Dr.
Chesapeake, VA 23321
Zolak Transport Service
Zolak Transport Service is a trailer, car, boat and motorcycle shipping company located in Norfolk. They also transport Jeeps, 5th wheels and SUVs to or from the Norfolk area.
Norfolk, VA 23521
Norfolk Auto Transport Resources
Tidewater Sports Car Club – The Tidewater Sports Car Club has been around since 1953 and is the “premier autocross club of southeast Virginia.” They have at least one charity event per year and have club events year-round.
Auto Trader, Norfolk – Find new and used cars in Norfolk by searching the local database of vehicles for sale from Auto Trader, the popular car selling publication.
Norfolk includes ZIP codes
23324, 23501, 23502, 23503, 23504, 23505, 23506, 23507, 23508, 23509, 23510, 23511, 23513, 23514, 23515, 23517, 23518, 23519, 23523, 23529, 23541, 23551, 24042, 24043.