The New York State College of Ceramics at Alfred University (NYSCC) is a contract or statutory college to the State University of New York located in Alfred, New York. The College is composed of the Inamori School of Engineering, School of Art and Design, and the Samuel R. Scholes Library. Its programs in art and design are constantly ranked among the top, not only in the US but also internationally. Students that have enrolled in School of Art and Design are taken through a vigorous curriculum that offers a true multi-disciplinary environment for scholarly research and creative art. The Inamori School of Engineering offers programs in glass, ceramics, materials science, renewable energy and biomaterials engineering. The School of Engineering is the only institution in the US offering degrees in glass science and among the two institutions that offer a B.S. in Ceramic Engineering. Whether you are joining the college for the first time, planning to change a major or relocating to New York and looking for a university near you, consider moving to NYSCC. The first and the last weeks of college are the most tasking. From meeting new people or saying goodbye, clearance or signing in, to locating buildings, you still need time for the most crucial task of moving in or out! Moving household goods is one of the most stressful tasks. Fortunately, professional movers are taking the hassle out of moving. A-1 Auto Transport is an auto transport company that provides the best moving services to and from NYSCC.
Tips on how to make moving to or from NYSCC easier
Moving can be an exciting experience if you are well organized and ready to move your heavy household goods. Here are tips that can help you.
- Know the space of your new dorm or apartment: After you have booked an apartment or dorm, know what amount of space you have to work with. Many dorms are small. Get a clear picture of the available space before your big day so that you can plan accordingly. You will know whether you have a space for your pool table or furniture.
- Communicate with your new roommate: Talk to your roommate early enough so that you agree on certain matters before your moving day. You need to decide on who brings what among the common items such as a mini fridge, TV, water filter, and furniture and so on. Calling your roommate also gives you a chance to know each other and talk about a killer entertainment set-up or fun design. Whatever decision you arrive at, make it together.
- Arrival Time: You don’t want to be caught in the traffic while going to campus. Leaving early is the best way to ensure you have a smooth drive and avoid congested parking lots since thousands of other students could be arriving on the same day. If you can get a place nearby to stay overnight, arrive a day earlier. Ensure that you and your roommate(s) arrive on the same day and the same time so that you can arrange the dorm or apartment together.
- Hire a mover: You can hire a mover to help you move with much ease. They will do everything for you, from packing to unpacking, as you focus on other tasks.
Why you need a professional moving company for your NYSCC move
- Professional movers do everything for you, from packing to arranging your dorm or apartment, thus saving you a lot of time.
- They are well equipped and experienced hence your goods are handled well and delivered intact.
- Professional movers are required to cover your goods. You don’t have to worry about potential accidents especially if it is a long distance move; from state to state, cost to cost or internationally.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best NYSCC moving company
Find the available local movers. If possible, visit their offices and get to learn more about their services, the equipment they have and whether their physical addresses online match with their actual ones. Get their license number and verify it with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).
Our moving services
A-1 Auto Transport Company offers flexible and reliable services to students moving to or from NYSCC. Some of the services include packing, heavy lifting, moving advice, unpacking, arranging your dorm and moving storage.
Why A-1 Auto Transport Inc?
- We handle your goods with care as we would our own.
- 97% of current NYSCC students and alumni refer their family members and friends to us.
- We track your goods using a satellite and keep you updated.
- You get served by a well trained, experienced and friendly team.
Seek Our Services Now
Contact us on 888-509-3213 or visit our website; a1autotransport.com/services. Fill out the form at the top of this page and get a free no-obligation quote.