New Milford Long Distance Moving Companies
Moving mostly happens between the months of May and August. If you are planning a move to New Milford, then you’ve come to the right place. When you hire us, you get benefit from our superior moving services and a team of highly trained experts. We are a reliable moving company with over 25 years moving experience. We also offer vehicle transport services.
The best tips for a painless move
- If you’re packing yourself, get brand new boxes. Avoid using old boxes which are likely to collapse. The boxes should have firm edges to protect your household items from falling and breaking.
- Wrap dishes, glassware, and china using packing paper. Avoid using newspaper because it can stain your stuff. You can also use towels or soft clothes to prevent breakages. Pack plates vertically and fill empty spaces for further protection.
- All the boxes should be labeled clearly. Specify the contents of each box, which room they belong to, which side should face up and if it contains fragile items. This way, the movers will know how to handle them.
- If you dismantle furniture, put the screws, nuts, and bolts in Ziploc bags to keep them safe. Attach the bags to the pieces of furniture they belong to for easy access.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
The benefits of hiring a professional moving company
- Budget. When moving on your own, you can spend more than you had initially planned for since you don’t have all the facts about moving. However, professional movers will provide accurate estimates which reflect the cost of moving. This will help you plan your finances effectively.
- Convenience. Professional movers will take one look at your household and suggest the right truck size to fit your items. They have been doing this for a long time and know exactly what is good for you. This will save you time and money you could use on other things.
- Equipment. Lifting and carrying heavy pieces of furniture and other items can cause serious bodily harm such as sprained ankles and back pains. This can, however, be avoided if you hire a professional moving company. They are well equipped to handle the heavy stuff without breaking a sweat. Equipment such as dollies, hoisting straps and ramps make it easy and safe for everyone involved.
- Time management. Most people rarely have time to manage a move due to their busy work schedules. The only way to plan for a move will be to take time off work. But with a moving company, your daily routine doesn’t have to be interrupted. They will do the planning, packing and transport your belongings to your new home. This gives you time to focus on other issues such as transferring utilities.
Tips to find a company you can trust
Be sure you understand the type of liability you are purchasing. The basic cover of $0.60 per pound per item might not be sufficient to cover the value of your items. Discuss with your mover other insurance options available and decide which one suits you perfectly.
Read the contract carefully to ensure the details are correct. Most people skim through and sign documents only to regret later. If anything seems unclear, ask for clarifications before the items are loaded into the trucks.
Check the complaints records of your mover with the Better Business Bureau. Customers leave comments based on their experience with the moving companies. A company with high ratings and many positive reviews can be trusted to deliver services of high quality.
Your mover should display the USDOT Number in any form of advertising. The 11-digit number acts as a permit to traverse from one state to another when transporting household items. Local movers are regulated by the state they operate in. Check here for details.
We specialize in these services
- International moving
- Interstate moving
- Packing supplies
- Storage facilities
- Residential moving
- Commercial moving
- Vehicle transport
- Piano moving
Why use our services?
We want our customers to have the best moving experience by providing professional services from start to finish. Our computerized system enables us to track the movement of our trucks to ensure there are no delays in delivery. Each item is handled with care and packed in high-quality packing materials. At A-1 Auto Transport, we combine expertise, technology, and professionalism to give you outstanding moving services.
Call us today
Ready to work with certified professionals? Contact us now on 888-509-3213 and get free advice on which services suit you perfectly. Simply fill out the form at the top of this page to get free instant quotes.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.