New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology (New Mexico Tech) is located at the heart of Socorro, in the state of New Mexico, US. It offers more than 30 Bachelor of Science degrees, and graduate degrees at both masters and doctoral levels. In 2010, New Mexico Tech was ranked by Newsweek as one of the best schools in North America offering small science and engineering programs. Join this noble college and pursue excellent programs in teaching and research. If you are considering taking a major in any of these fields, move to New Mexico Tech. And don’t worry about the moving hassle because A-1 Auto Transport offers moving services to or from New Mexico Tech.
Tips on how to make moving to or from New Mexico Tech easier
Relocation can be tedious and may consume a lot of time if not well planned. Here are tips that can help you move with ease.
- Plan ahead: If you are moving to New Mexico Tech for the first time, carry out some research on housing options both on-campus and off-campus. New Mexico Tech has nine different halls and apartments for students. They include Driscoll Hall (female only), West Hall (male only), Baca Hall (co-ed), Presidents Hall (co-ed), Torres Hall (co-ed), and South Hall (co-ed). Others include Desert Willow Apartments, Mountain Springs Apartments, and Ben D. Altamirano Student Apartments. After getting a dorm or apartment, know the furniture and other utilities provided, and what you need to carry. You don’t want to spend time and money carrying your expensive furniture and pool table only to end up with no place to keep them.
- Prepare adequately: Craft a packing plan. The plan should include inventory of all the household goods you need to carry. You should also assemble the right quantity and sizes of moving boxes, bubble wrap and tape. Cut on the moving cost by getting free used moving boxes.
- Pack well and early: Start packing at least two weeks prior to your move. Come up with packing plan which should include groups of items to be packed from day one, all the way to the last day. You can start by packing what you don’t used often and finish off with the most essential items. Wrap the fragile items carefully. You can put small items in your suitcases, garbage cans or in any other available space to save on the cost of moving boxes.
- Hire a moving company: You can seek help from professional movers when lifting heavyweight furniture. If you have several heavy household goods to move, you can get a mover to give you a full moving service. Get estimates from different movers and settle for the most favourable quote.
Why you need a professional moving company for your New Mexico Tech move
- Movers offer you have a stress-free move to or from New Mexico Tech because they handle the entire process for you.
- Professional movers hire trained and experienced people to handle your goods. This guarantees you safety.
- Professional moving companies cover your goods through reputable insurance companies.
How to find the best university moving company
Do some thorough online research. Read customer reviews on different websites to get the views of customers who have been served by the mover before. You can visit Better Business Bureau to get more information about customer reactions.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our moving services
A-1 Auto Transport Company makes your move to or from New Mexico Tech a memorable and enjoyable moment by giving you flexible and affordable moving services.
- We pack for you all your household goods using the right equipment.
- We do the heavy lifting, loading and unloading whether you are moving from state to state, within the country or internationally.
- We clean and arrange your new dorm or apartment.
- We offer moving advice.
- We offer flexible moving storages.
Why A-1 Auto Transport Inc?
We have served New Mexico Tech current students and alumni for many years and continue to improve on our services to them. To us, New Mexico Tech students are not just our faithful clients who keep on referring their family and friends to us, they are our kids and we give them the best. Using our state-of-the-art equipment and trained professionals, we handle their goods as if they belong to us and ensure that they arrive safely and intact. Our quotes are flexible and friendly to the college kids’ pockets.
Contact Us Now
Find out more about our services by contacting us on 888-509-3213 or visiting our website on a1autotransport.com/services. Fill the form and get FREE non-obligation quote.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.