New London Long Distance Moving Companies
New London is a seaport city that’s home to the United States Coast Guard Academy. The city still harbors historic homes and is located in New London County, Connecticut. Moving to a different state or city is fun and exciting and gives you a chance to start over and make new friends while exploring new neighborhoods. Your move can be successful if you let us, A-1 Auto Transport, help you plan and execute the whole process. We are a Connecticut based professional moving company that has the best services the industry has to offer. We help you pack, load, and even transport your car.
Tips to make your move easy
- Do a budget:Knowing how much you are willing to spend on a move will help you control your finances. Get moving quotes from at least three moving companies and choose the one that offers the most affordable prices.
- Source for packing supplies:Get plenty of brand new boxes with strong edges. Get boxes of different sizes to pack different household items.
- Change your address:Don’t forget to change your address at the local post office. Notify your business contacts and friends of the change and give them the new address.
- Ask for help:Ask friends and family to help you pack small household items. Invite them on a weekend when most of them are free. This will drastically help reduce the packing process. You may consider preparing a nice meal for them.
- Prep your new house:Before moving into your new house, make a point of visiting and inspecting it to ensure everything is in order. Check that utilities such as water and electricity are working. Clean the house so that you may easily move in.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need a professional moving company
- Advice: Professional movers give free advice to clients who may want to use their services. Since moving can be complicated, the movers can give you tips and tricks to help you move with ease. Their customer care department is knowledgeable and will have answers to any of your questions about moving.
- Convenience: Professional movers have techniques that make it easy to carry your items even through the narrowest corridors. They have skilled manpower that knows how to collaborate to make your moving process fast and efficient. They offer packing and unpacking services as well as unloading them at your new house.
- Liability: Professional movers must provide adequate insurance cover for your items and will be held accountable in case of any damage to your household items during the move. This guarantees the safety of your items.
How to find a reputable moving company
- Long distance moving is mostly based on the weight of your stuff. A reliable mover will take inventory of all your items and use it to calculate the weight. You need to ensure they are thorough in order to get the accurate weight. They should also provide you with a copy of the inventory for your records.
- Ask for suggestions and recommendations from friends and family who have moved in the past. You can also check the American Moving and Storage Association which helps consumers find reliable movers.
- A reputable mover should be registered and licensed by the FMCSA. Interstate movers are issued with a 7-digit USDOT Number. For movers operating within the state, they have to obtain a Motor Contract Carrier Permit from the Connecticut Department of Transportation.
- Consider hiring a mover who has a physical office and contact information on their website. Also, their vehicles should be branded with the company logo for easy identification.
A-1 Auto Transport moving services
- Pet transport
- Packing supplies
- Storage facilities
- Long distance moving
- Local moves
- International relocation
- Door to door moving
- Coast to coast moving
- Interstate and intrastate relocation
- Cheap New London movers
- Same day moves
Why use us?
For over 25 years, we have developed a well-established system to provide unrivaled moving solutions to our customers. Our teams receive extensive training to gain skills that will ensure the safety of your household items. We have modern equipment to expedite the process of moving to get you settled quickly. At A-1 Auto Transport, we have your best interest at heart.
Call us now
Call us toll-free on 888-509-3213 and speak to our customer care representative for exclusive details on our moving services. Remember to fill out the form at the top of this page to get your free moving estimates.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.