Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Nebraska
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Safe And Reliable Nebraska Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
At first glance, Nebraska seems to be one of the quieter of the Great Plains states. It is lined with corn fields and other representations of its agricultural heyday and seems to be a reminder of the benefit of a slower and more measured pace of life. However, this state is teeming with life in many ways, from the presence of big business headquarters in the state to the many recreational options for visitors looking for something to do during their stint in this state.
From a historical perspective, one of the interesting things about this state is the fact that the California Gold Rush was responsible for bringing many of the people that did come to this state here. It was considered the point where the “West Begins.” This state is right in the midst of Tornado Alley, so many storm chasers spend the spring season here chasing these violent storms. Big business also has a big presence here; Kool-Aid was created in Hastings, while CliffsNotes were developed in Rising City. Financial guru Warren Buffett’s company, Berkshire Hathaway, is located in Omaha and TD Ameritrade is located in this state as well. If you are just visiting or relocating for professional purposes, then you will surely need a vehicle with which to get around. Consider Nebraska auto transport to have your own vehicle in place, so that you can get around with comfort and convenience.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time|
|Oklahoma City to Omaha||$459||459 miles||2 – 4 days|
|Omaha to Denver||$404||539 miles||2 – 4 days|
|Austin to Omaha||$632||843 miles||3 – 5 days|
|Nebraska to Phoenix||$682||1136 miles||4 – 6 days|
|Lincoln to Las Vegas||$738||1230 miles||4 – 6 days|
|New Orleans to Nebraska||$742||1236 miles||4 – 6 days|
|Nebraska to Washington||$836||1394 miles||4 – 6 days|
|New York to Nebraska||$890||1484 miles||4 – 6 days|
|Lincoln to Florida||$895||1492 miles||4 – 6 days|
|Massachusetts to Nebraska||$999||1665 miles||5 – 7 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Using Nebraska Car Transport Companies
When you are looking to book Nebraska car transport services, keep a few key tips in mind.
- Choose the right transport option for your vehicle: The type of transport you will need depends on your vehicle. If you have a traditional car, then you may be just fine with open-air transport, as it is the most affordable. However, if yours is a custom vehicle or something you’ve fully restored, then you might consider a more safe form of transport, such as an enclosed option.
- Clear out all personal effects from your vehicle: Don’t leave anything of personal value in your vehicle during transport. The company will tell you that they are not responsible for these effects and this is definitely the case. Everything from the case for your sunglasses to make-up and CDs should be removed prior to transport.
- Consider a gap insurance plan: There may be a gap in coverage from what the auto transport company insurance will cover for your vehicle and what your personal insurance will cover if something happens to your vehicle during transport. Consider a supplemental policy to close the gap between what both insurances cover on your vehicle should it be damaged during transport.
Visit the Nebraska Department of Transportation website for more information on Nebraska and the plentiful opportunities in which it can offer those visiting or relocating to the state.
Services And Information
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Nebraska Auto Transport Companies Directory
Road Warriors Auto Transporter
Road Warriors has won awards for top-rate service because of the company’s innate focus on quality when transport vehicles to or from the Omaha area. Licensed, bonded and insured auto shippers with a nationwide reach. BBB accredited with great customer reviews online.
10008 Sapp Brothers Drive, Omaha, NE
Customers looking for an auto transport company with a national scope can find it in Auto Driveaway, which boasts offices around the country for added convenience. Open and enclosed carriers shipping automobiles, trucks, vans, SUVs, motorcycles, boats and other heavy hauling.
3506 Keystone Drive, Omaha, NE
ShipCarsNow provides transport services around the state, and the country, for those in need of getting a car from point to the next.
1400 Douglas Street, Omaha, NE
Teeter Auto Transport Inc
This company is situated in La Vista but serves the greater Nebraska region as well for auto shipping and transport.
11615 Centennial Rd Suite 200, La Vista, NE
3D Auto Transport Inc
3D provides transport services in Springfield and nationally for those that need to get a car out of the area or into it.
13333 Fairview Road, Springfield, NE
Teeter Auto Transport
This Nebraska auto transport company will not only arrange for drop-off and pick-up wherever you are in the Ralston area but also offers some of the most affordable rates in the industry.
7554 Main Street, Ralston, NE
Dan’s Auto Transport
This is a locally-owned operation and this is reflected in the rates and customer service offered by this popular Nebraska auto transport company.
2836 East 38th Street, Columbus, NE
Sprint Auto Transport
Sprint Auto Transport provides a wide range of transport services to help you find the one that best fits your needs and your budget.
2103 East 7 Road, Hampton, NE
Vehicle Registration Process in Nebraska
You have the option to register a vehicle via mail or in person in Nebraska. Newly moved residents need to undergo vehicle inspection through a sheriff’s office. To register a vehicle, you must have insurance proof, the vehicle’s title, and pay a registration fee, as well as a excise and sales tax.
All vehicles in Nebraska must be registered. You need to register your vehicle even if you recently purchased it or if you moved to the state.
Moving to Nebraska?
To start the vehicle registration, you will be given 30 days as a grace period. However, if the vehicle is already registered and titled from a different state, you need to:
- Present auto insurance proof.
- Move the lien details of the County Treasurer’s station.
- Have the vehicle inspected.
- Start the registration in Nebraska.
Below are the steps you must follow.
Transferring Lien Details
If necessary, you need to transfer the lien information on the vehicle to the Treasurer’s Office in the county. You must:
- Proceed to the Treasurer’s office in your county.
- Inform them to call the lien holder to transfer the title. The conversion of the title may be processed with an electronic copy or the actual title document itself.
- Secure an electronic copy of the title or a photocopy of it.
Have your Vehicle Inspected
All vehicles registered outside the state need to be inspected at a sheriff’s office prior to their registration in Nebraska.
- Proceed to the inspection station.
- Show the title of the vehicle or a photocopy of it.
- Pay the inspection fee. ($10)
The inspection is valid for ninety days. Your vehicle needs to be re-evaluated if you did not complete the registration after the 90-day period.
The Registration Process for Vehicles from another State
After you finished the steps above, proceed to the office of the County Treasurer and:
- Show a Title copy.
- Completely fill out and submit the Title Certificate Application form.
- Present the inspection certificate.
- Show the auto insurance proof.
- Pay the applicable fees.
Vehicles which are leased need a lease agreement copy with a signature on it during the registration process.
Vehicle Registration in Nebraska
The state requires all vehicles to be registered in 30 days at the County Treasurer’s office via mail or in person.
The expiry date of your registration depends on the date when your vehicle was bought. However, if you need to register 2 or more vehicles under your name, you have the option to register them on a yearly basis with your preferred month.
Registering a vehicle in person
Go to the office of the Country Treasurer and:
- Present your auto insurance proof. (Original copies only)
- Show the excise and sales tax payment receipts.
- Pay the applicable fees.
The stickers, vehicle registration, and license plates will be issued by the county treasurer’s office after you complete the registration.
Registering a vehicle via mail
Complete the documents below:
- Auto insurance proof.
- Excise and sales tax payment receipts.
- Check the applicable taxes in the county.
Send these documents via mail and address them to the office of the County Treasurer. The stickers, car registration, and license plates in return will be sent through mail.
For other kinds of vehicles like scooters, snowmobiles, and motorcycles, registration and titling are required as well.
Registering a vehicle that is non-operational
You do not need to pay a registration fee if your car was not used for one year since the expiry date of its last registration.
To register the vehicle:
- Show a Non-Use and Storage Affidavit which describes the details of your non-usage of the vehicle.
- Submit the form to the local county station.
- Follow the steps above to register the vehicle, including paying the associated fees for registration.
Vehicle Registration for NE Military Members
All servicemen, including public health officials working with the military services, are exempted from getting NE license plates while on active duty. They can continuously use the vehicle using the current license plates.
They may get non-resident NE license plates which are exempted from vehicle taxes. To qualify for the exemption, present these details to the local county officer:
- A recent Earnings and Leave Statement;
- Proof of ownership, like the importer’s certificate, the title of the vehicle, manufacturer’s origin document, and a certificate from the importer.
Once you have successfully completed the requirements, you will receive NE license plates (if you’re not a resident). Your spouse is also eligible to the same privilege.
You will be given 30 calendar days to complete the registration if you wish to permanently reside in Nebraska after your active duty. You need to follow the process discussed in the “Moving to Nebraska” portion.
Vehicle Registration for Non-Residents
Vehicle owners who have a registration in another state are given 30 days to register their vehicles in Nebraska.
Exemptions to the policy are listed below:
- Vehicles from Wyoming and North Carolina.
- Full-time students studying in Nebraska with a minimum of 12 units/hours or on a complete graduate program.
The charges on motor vehicles depend on their weight and value. You may use an estimated tax calculation to get an idea of how much it costs.
Standard fees for leased and passenger vehicles are:
- Registration cost: 15 US dollars;
- License plate cost: 3.30 US dollars;
- County fund fee: 1.50 US dollars;
- Recreation fund fee: 1.50 US dollars;
- DMV cash fund cost: 2.00 US dollars;
- Emergency Medical Assistance fund cost: 0.50 cents.
Farm trucks are charged registration taxes depending on the vehicle’s weight. There are additional fees based on your county of residence.
NE does not have late fees. Vehicle owners are subject to penalties or fines if they don’t have a valid license plate or registration.
NE License Plates
Vehicle owners will receive their stickers and license plates from the office of the County Treasurer upon registration, except if they request to obtain vanity or specialty plates which may take a few days longer.
They also have the option to choose from the sample plates before they decide the purchase of them. The standard shipping cost is 5 US dollars per license plate if it is within the country and 10 US dollars if it’s outside the US.
Requirements for Auto Insurance
Nebraska requires all vehicle owners to secure car insurance. An original statement proving the coverage of insurance is one of the requirements upon registration. It needs to include the following details:
- The insurance company’s name.
- The insured driver’s complete name.
- The policy number of the Insurance.
- The model, year, and make of the vehicle.
- The date of Coverage (start and expiry dates).
Other Nebraska Resources
Nebraska.gov – official government website for the state of Nebraska.
Nebraska Wikipedia Page – everything you need to know about the state of Nebraska.
University Of Nebraska – The University of Nebraska–Lincoln, chartered in 1869, is an educational institution of international stature. UNL is listed by the Carnegie Foundation within the “Research Universities (very high research activity)” category. UNL is a land-grant university and a member of the Association of Public and Land-grant Universities (APLU). The university is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Nebraska On Craigslist – local classifieds and forums for jobs, housing, for sale, personals, services, local community, and events.
Reviews from Customers in Nebraska
A1 Auto Transport has always been a great help in shipping my cars to and from Nebraska. They are always fast to respond, prompt, and to the point. I don’t really have that many questions these days, but they’ve always been courteous and informed me of any updates in their policy.
The pickup time is flexible, and most times, the car arrives ahead of schedule. Their drivers are professional. They follow a strict routine and always inspect the vehicle before loading it.
I am very happy to recommend A1 Auto Transport to everyone I know. Awesome company!- Stanley N.
The Mazda which my dad bought me last year was delivered to Nebraska right on time! My dad in New Jersey has been asking me to check on it every day, but I told him I’m receiving status updates. He was extra careful since he had a lot of issues with his previous car carrier service provider. When I checked my Mazda upon arrival, it was all good. Cannot really complain. My dad was also really happy everything went well.- Peter D.
Auto Transport Services in Nebraska
- Adams County
- Box Butte County
- Buffalo County
- Cass County
- Cheyenne County
- Colfax County
- Custer County
- Dakota County
- Dawes County
- Dawson County
- Dodge County
- Douglas County
- Gage County
- Grand Island
- Hall County
- Hamilton County
- Holt County
- La Vista
- Lancaster County
- Lincoln County
- Madison County
- North Platte
- Otoe County
- Platte County
- Red Willow County
- Saline County
- Sarpy County
- Saunders County
- Scotts Bluff County
- Seward County
- South Sioux City
- Washington County
- Wayne County
- York County