Anyone who has ever had to move remembers this time with the sentiment of being glad when it was completed. This is a stressful and physically draining process that really takes a lot out of you. Now, imagine having to go through all of this while pregnant? You would think the process of moving is only going to increase levels of stress and physical exhaustion. However, the following tips can help you to more easily complete your move, even while pregnant.
Best Time Of Pregnancy To Move
Believe it or not, there does seem to be the best time to move while pregnant. Many doctors would suggest the second trimester to complete your move, provided it must be done. During this period you should no longer be experiencing morning sickness and you can likely move about fairly easily. Of course, you still should always listen to your body, take things slow and never over exert yourself.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Start The Process Early
Packing always seems to be the most time-consuming task during a move. It is also the main thing that seems to contribute to the general disorder and higher stress level in the home. The best way to combat all of this is to start as soon as possible. Give yourself at least six weeks to pack…and twelve weeks would be even better.
Start with things you won’t be needed before your move anyway. This can include collectible items, knickknacks, and other ornamental items. Just be sure to be careful while bending since the baby can throw off your balance and center of gravity. Focus on packing things that are light and easy, in order to limit the strain placed upon your body.
You should have help in this process. You could go out and hire a professional moving company, although they might really only be worthwhile during the actual move itself. During the lead up to the move, in the preparation phase, consider enlisting the aid of:
- Husband: the packing and getting things ready can happen during nights, weekends, and basically whenever he has any free time.
- Family Members: Enlist your other kids. Even the younger ones can be somewhat helpful in packing and organizing the lighter stuff. Older children can be of even more assistance. Other family members like siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles, etc… can also be brought on board for this.
- Friends: They say that you discover who your real friends are when moving. Send out the call and see who comes to help! You can bribe them with pizza or your own home cooking.
- Packing Party: Make this into an event. Host a packing party and you should see all of your stuff in boxes before you know it.
Remember—No Heavy Lifting
Under no circumstances should you be doing any heavy lifting. Even if you start to feel limited in what you can do…that is what your husband, friends, and family are here for. Let them help you!
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory