Uruguay International Moving Services
Changes or circumstance may bring about the need for a business or an individual to make an international move. An international move entails a lot of activities and following detailed procedures. This brings about the need to hire international moving services. A professional moving company will be able to assist you in making your move easier, from start to finish. If you need to ship your household goods, valuables or your car to Uruguay a good moving company will enable you in making the move less complex.
Moving to Uruguay Cost & Time Examples
|Boston to Montevideo||$3,300- $5,500||$6,200- $10,300||4-6 weeks|
|NY to Montevideo||$3,300- $5,500||$6,200- $10,300||4-6 weeks|
|LA to Montevideo||$3,700- $6,200||$6,900- $11,400||4-8 weeks|
|Seattle to Montevideo||$3,700- $6,200||$6,900- $11,400||4-8 weeks|
|Dallas to Montevideo||$3,900- $6,300||$7,100- $11,700||4-6 weeks|
|Chicago to Montevideo||$4,200- $7,100||$7,800- $13,000||4-6 weeks|
|Phoenix to Montevideo||$4,400- $7,300||$8,200- $13,500||4-8 weeks|
|Memphis to Salto||$4,500- $7,400||$8,200- $13,600||4-6 weeks|
|Indianapolis to Salto||$4,600- $7,700||$8,600- $14,100||4-6 weeks|
|Denver to Montevideo||$5,800- $9,500||$10,500- $17,200||4-8 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Import duties for household items
Customs will waive the duties typically imposed on shipments of household belongings, if you purchased them at least two years ago. You’re also required to have used them during this time and they must appear to be in used (not new) condition. A reputable source also states that your goods must reach Uruguay no later than 180 days after you enter the country. Finally, only permanent residents of Uruguay are eligible for duty-free importation (1).
However, if you’ve already applied for permanent residence within the country (but not yet finished the process), then you may be able to obtain duty exemption in this case (2). If you’ll be entering Uruguay as a temporary resident instead, then you may need to provide a refundable Bank Guarantee. These funds should be returned to you, once you take the goods back out of the country (3).
Import documents for household items
A somewhat lengthy list of paperwork is necessary, in order for your goods to pass through customs clearance. You’ll need to show your passport, photo ID and the Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill for the shipment. You may also need a full packing list (written in Spanish), which has been stamped or approved by the consulate in your origin country. Customs will also ask for a valid Certificate of Entrance, which you’ll obtain from the National Directorate of Migration when you enter the country (4).
Paperwork for Permanent Residents
If you’re a foreign national with legal residence in Uruguay (also termed a permanent resident), then you’ll need to present your Certificate of Residence. A letter written to customs asking that your goods be admitted into Uruguay is also required (and it must bear your signature).
Paperwork for Temporary Residents
If you don’t have legal residence status (also termed a temporary resident), then the list of necessary documentation differs. You must provide a letter confirming that the required Bank Guarantee has been obtained from a local financial institution within the country. A separate customs guarantee appears to be mandated as well. Finally, you may need to show that you’ve begun the process to acquire legal residence (5).
Import duties for vehicles
Unfortunately, unless you have diplomatic status or citizenship – you’re not permitted to bring a vehicle into Uruguay. Be aware that the requirements for citizens to import a vehicle are rather strict, and the process is rather complex. For example, you must be able to prove residency outside of Uruguay for at least the last two years – and be planning to stay in the country for good.
You’re also not permitted to sell your vehicle for a minimum of the next four years. Finally, approval must be obtained from several departments within the government, such as the Treasury Ministry and others (6). It’s for these reasons that citizens are advised to speak with the destination agent before shipping a vehicle to Uruguay (7).
Import documents for vehicles
Before customs will authorize your vehicle to enter, specific paperwork must be provided. This includes the purchase receipt (this must bear your name) and the Express Release Bill of Lading. A driving document which also bears your name is required, though no further details are given as to what this paperwork should include (8).
Paperwork for Diplomats
When shipping a vehicle to Uruguay, customs will request your diplomatic identity card from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Also required is either vehicle circulation or vehicle property documentation, which bears your name. Last of all, you must have diplomatic franchise authorization from the Uruguayan Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Paperwork for Returning Citizens
The list of required documentation is more involved for returning citizens, and you’ll need to show a copy of your ID card. A sworn statement and proof of living outside of Uruguay for more than two years are also necessary. The vehicle registration from the origin country (issued at least six months prior to the vehicle’s arrival) is mandatory. This registration must be certified by the Uruguayan consulate in the origin country as well. Declarations involving some specific decrees and laws also appear to be required. As these are quite technical in nature, you should speak with customs to learn more (9).
This short summary should give you an excellent idea of what to expect, when navigating customs clearance in Uruguay. However, this isn’t a comprehensive treatment of the subject and regulations may change down the line. Therefore, it’s prudent to ask customs about your specific situation, before shipping your goods to Uruguay.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
To make your international move easier, make use of the following handy tips:
- Package your goods in a manner that makes transportation, handling and storage easier.
- Prepare your documents well in advance and present them as and when required to enable easy processing.
- Liaise with the moving company and maintain a good relationship with them. Provide the details required to make your move effortless and to enable the moving company execute your order soonest possible. Paying your bill at the earliest time will enable the moving company proceed with your request quickly.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
In order to seamlessly make this big move, you will require plenty of support and guidance. A moving company which has the requisite knowledge and experience in Uruguay International Moving Services will be beneficial to you. Not only will your relocation be stress-free, you will also have peace of mind knowing that your valuables will be in safe hands. A moving company will go the extra mile and deliver great service beyond simply delivering your goods.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
You may be considering a number of international moving companies after looking them up online or getting recommendations from family and friends. However, you need to narrow down to that one company that will provide you with the best Uruguay International Moving Services.
The factors that you need to look into while narrowing down this search include the company’s level of experience related to shipping to Uruguay, its ratings and the testimonials and reviews given by previous clients. It is also important to find out if the insurance cover, that the company has, caters for third parties too. Do not hesitate to request for shipping quotes so as to get an estimate of the cost of shipping your goods to Uruguay.
Our Uruguay International Moving Services
- Packing/unpacking: We not only offer you with packing supplies-we also assist you in packing and unpacking.
- Commercial moving: We help businesses make their big move to Uruguay.
- Office moves: Move to your new location and get back to business as soon as you need to.
- Apartment moves: Our aim is to make the move to your new home as hassle-free as possible.
- Planning and preparation: We know how planning and preparing goes a long way in making the move easier and we therefore help you do this from start to finish.
- Visa and immigration services: We guide you through Uruguay’s visa policy.
- Housing assistance: We offer exemplary, affordable housing services.
- Family services: Depending on the services you would like, we can offer tailor-made family services.
- Auto transport services: We look into all details, big and small, to ensure that your car gets shipped to Uruguay in a timely and safe manner.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
While searching for a moving company, are your top priorities to have a reliable, affordable and top-notch service at an affordable fee? You’ve found us! We at A-1 Auto Transport not only offer you shipping services, we also deliver great service to make your international move stress-free, from start to finish.
We have experience spanning over 20 years and have been the trusted choice of many clients. We hope to also include you in that list! We are the best option to partner with because we offer you with competitive rates. You can get a quote from us so as to have the estimated cost of shipping your goods. We also offer great service and have a dedicated team working round the clock to offer you with the assistance you require.
Get in touch!
Please fill-out the form at the top of this page. You may also give us a call at 888-509-3213 to get more information or clarification on our services, including Uruguay International Moving Services. You can also use our contact details to reach out to us. We offer real-time support and will get back to you as soon as possible.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
🇺🇾 Uruguay, (UY)
Our Services and Information
Car Domestic FAQ
🇺🇾 Uruguay, (UY)
Car International Destinations
Car International FAQ
🇺🇾 Uruguay, (UY)
🇺🇾 Uruguay, (UY)
🇺🇾 Uruguay, (UY)
A-1 Auto Transport Worldwide Locations
We Strive to Serve Countries around the World.
- 3 Tips For Moving Back To SchoolAcclimating After Moving To Another CountyAdams State University Moving ServicesAfter The Move: Painting Your HomeAlabama Agricultural and Mechanical University Moving ServicesAlabama State University Moving ServicesAlbany State University Moving ServicesAlcorn State University Moving ServicesAppalachian State University Moving ServicesApproximate Moving Cost CalculatorArizona State University Downtown Phoenix Campus Moving ServicesArizona State University Polytechnic Campus Moving ServicesArizona State University Tempe Campus Moving ServicesArizona State University West Campus Moving ServicesArkansas State University Moving ServicesArkansas Tech University (ATU) Moving ServicesArmstrong State University Moving ServicesAthens State University Moving ServicesAuburn University at Montgomery Moving ServicesAuburn University Moving ServicesAugusta University Moving ServicesBall State University Moving ServicesBari, ItalyBemidji State University Moving ServicesBest Questions To Ask Local Movers
- Moving To AfghanistanMoving To AlbaniaMoving To AlgeriaMoving To AndorraMoving To AngolaMoving To Antigua and BarbudaMoving To ArgentinaMoving To ArmeniaMoving To AustraliaMoving To AustriaMoving To AzerbaijanMoving To BahamasMoving To BahrainMoving To BangladeshMoving To BarbadosMoving To BelarusMoving To BelgiumMoving To BelizeMoving To BeninMoving To BhutanMoving To BoliviaMoving To Bosnia And HerzegovinaMoving To BotswanaMoving To BrazilMoving To Brunei
- 2019 - December2019 - October2019 - September2019 - August2019 - July2019 - April2019 - March2019 - February2019 - January2018 - December2018 - November2018 - October2018 - September2018 - August2018 - July2018 - June2018 - May2018 - April2018 - March2018 - February2018 - January2017 - December2017 - November2017 - October2017 - September