- United Kingdom International Moving Services
- How Much Does It Cost to Move to the United Kingdom?
- Transporting Costs
- Duties & Taxes
- Moving Insurance
- Moving to United Kingdom Cost & Time Examples
- Is duty charged on household goods?
- What paperwork is requested by customs?
- Is duty charged on vehicles?
- What paperwork is requested by customs for vehicles?
- Tips on how to make your international move easier
- Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
- How to find the best international moving company
- Our United Kingdom international moving services
- Why A-1 Auto Transport?
- Get in touch!
- United Kingdom Moving Guide
- Popular Moving Destinations in UK
United Kingdom International Moving Services
International moving is the situation where an individual or company transports their goods and belongings from one country to another. This can be done individually or by movers who provide international moving services. Hiring an international mover offers you the chance to enjoy a hassle-free move. You will also have confidence that your goods will be transported safely.
How Much Does It Cost to Move to the United Kingdom?
The cost of moving internationally to the United Kingdom can range anywhere from $2,000-$12,000 depending on a variety of factors such as the size of move, total distance, route, transportation method and current market trends.
Creating a budget is crucial when moving to another country because costs can rise quickly there. Depending on your situation, your approach may not be suitable. For a family of four in the United Kingdom, moving costs could range from $8,000 to $12,000 per move. Take these costs into consideration. Take the following into consideration:
Setting up and following protective approaches are important for movers. The option of transportation should also be considered. Hiring a moving company will save you time, and energy, and ensure that you move items safely. Using a hauling service or sharing a space with friends can help you save a lot of money on your move. When done correctly, this can be done in a safe and efficient manner.
Duties & Taxes
Upon moving abroad, you will have to pay taxes and duties. The moving process can be streamlined and simplified considerably if you pay your moving fees in advance. The relocation process will be as smooth as possible so that as much red tape as possible will be avoided. When transferring your belongings from one country to another, you must comply with these legal requirements. It can be very dangerous if you fail to comply with these rules, if you do not comply with them. It is important to keep in mind that duty fees alone can be as high as a thousand dollars for duty-free purchases, depending on your plan. You might also want to speak with a lawyer if you need assistance with preparing these documents. Moving household items is generally much less expensive than relocating other types of items, especially when there is only a handful of them.
Types and transfers of insurance determine the costs. Your overall moving costs can also be affected by moving insurance.
Moving to United Kingdom Cost & Time Examples
|Miami to Birmingham
|Detroit to Liverpool
|Atlanta to Liverpool
|San Jose to London
|Dallas to Birmingham
|Seattle to Birmingham
|Columbus to London
|Portland to London
|Chicago to London
|Las Vegas to London
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Is duty charged on household goods?
It’s possible to have import duty waived when bringing your household belongings into the United Kingdom. In order to be eligible, you must meet certain criteria – including having purchased them a minimum of six months ago. You’re also required to have used them during that time, in a country that isn’t a member of the European Union (EU). Customs also mandates that you’ve resided outside of the EU for at least the last year. Finally, you must be transferring your permanent residence into the country – which involves filling out a Transfer of Residence application.
You will have a full year after relocating to bring in goods, after which time duty relief won’t be available. According to the well-respected International Association of Movers, the Transfer of Residence application should be submitted prior to preparing your goods for shipment. Yet, they say elsewhere that you have a full 12 months after arriving to turn in this document (1). Due to this apparent contradiction, you ought to contact customs for yourself, to obtain a firm answer.
What paperwork is requested by customs?
As mentioned above, a Transfer of Residence (ToR) is necessary – and this replaces Form C3. After filing your ToR application, a URN (Unique Reference Number) will be issued to you (2). You’ll also need to obtain an Economic Operators Registration and Identification (EORI) number, which is required for all shipments entering the EU. The Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill for the shipment and a valid Work Permit should also be presented. Your passport, a full inventory which includes monetary values and a separate packing list are required as well (3).
Is duty charged on vehicles?
Once again duty exemption is possible – provided that you fulfill two straightforward requirements when importing your vehicle. First, you must have owned the vehicle for a minimum of six months, and personally used it during that term (in a country not part of the EU).
Second, if duty relief is granted, then you may not sell or get rid of the vehicle for a full year. Keep in mind, prior to shipping your vehicle , you must notify the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency within the UK. Whether this requirement is just to receive duty relief or is a general requisite for all vehicle imports isn’t clear (4).
What paperwork is requested by customs for vehicles?
The Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill must be shown, along with registration paperwork for the vehicle. If you’ve owned the vehicle for under six months, then Declaration Form C384 is required. The Transfer of Residence application discussed above is necessary as well, plus proof of insurance coverage in your origin country. You’ll also have to demonstrate residence in a non-EU country, and either bank statements or utility bills in your name are sufficient for this purpose (5).
You may need to furnish a T2 Form (Community Transit) and a declaration as well. This declaration should provide the engine number, make, model, chassis number, engine size and other relevant details. The purchase receipt for the vehicle and the title are also likely required. It’s possible that customs will request Form C179B and/or Form C104A as well – depending upon your specific situation (6).
You now should have a better understanding of what importing household goods and a vehicle into the UK entails. However, be aware that the regulations can be complex and this short guide isn’t definitive. Consequently, speaking with customs about your shipments is a sensible course of action. In addition, you should consider hiring a professional moving company like A1 Auto Transport – as we have years of experience handling the intricacies involved.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
A lot of preparation is required when moving overseas. There are also a number of procedures while shipping goods or moving to a different country. The following tips will enable you to make your international move easier:
- Plan and prepare well: Know all the details related to your move. These include, but are not limited to: Knowing the expected shipping and delivery time, the documents required as well as the goods that may not be allowed entry into your chosen destination.
- Get informed: Make an informed move and do not be caught unawares. There is information available on websites such as that of the US Department of Transportation (USDOT).
- Liaise with the moving company: There are many pros of shipping to the UK using a mover. You should therefore create a good client-supplier relationship so as to have an easy relocation.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
While relocating overseas, you may get stuck at one of the stages. You may also need some guidance on which steps to take or the documents required to be processed. This guidance can best be provided by a professional moving company. Such a company will make your move easier and also be your trusted guide, from start to finish. A moving company which offers United Kingdom International Moving Services will also be familiar with the rules governing shipping to United Kingdom (UK) and offer you with this advice.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-241-3110 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
There are a good number of moving companies but you only need to find the company that will provide you with the best service. To find out if the company is the best; consider their performance and rating and the number of years they have been in operation. Also determine if they possess the relevant credentials and legal requirements to operate within your region of interest. It will also be convenient for you if the moving company has a physical presence in the country you will ship to. Also request for quotes from moving companies offering United Kingdom International Moving Services, and analyze the benefits that stand to be gained against the cost.
Our United Kingdom international moving services
- Packing/unpacking: We go out of our way to make your move easier.
- Commercial moving: Big or small businesses can make the big move with us and get back to business as soon as possible.
- Office moves: It is our business to help you get back to business in your new space.
- Apartment moves: We help make your move to your apartment in United Kingdom easy.
- Planning and preparation: We help you plan and prepare the big and small details of your move.
- Visa and immigration services: We are familiar with the rules of entry that govern United Kingdom and we can advise you accordingly.
- Housing assistance: Our housing assistance services are available to help make your relocation easier.
- Family services: We understand that each family is unique and requires different type of service and that is why we offer tailor-made family services.
- Auto transport services: Shipping to the United Kingdom is not a challenge for us. We are well -equipped and have the expertise to do so seamlessly.
- The United Kingdom container shipping
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
What makes A-1 Auto Transport better than the rest? We offer un-paralleled experience in this industry and we are only getting better with time. We also offer the best prices in the market, guaranteeing you value for your money. You will also find a trusted guide in our professional team which is dedicated to guide you every step of the way. We also provide shipping quotes for free and with no attached obligations.
Get in touch!
Please fill-out the form at the top of the page. We are just a phone call and a click away! So get in-touch via 888-241-3110 or use the details included here. We can also avail you with a quote for our United Kingdom International Moving Services upon request.
United Kingdom Moving Guide
- Benefits of moving to the United Kingdom
- Cost to move to UK from USA
- Education and learning in the United Kingdom
- Employment in the United Kingdom
- Moving and packing services from USA to the United Kingdom
- Moving overseas to UK
- Passports and living abroad in the United Kingdom
- Visas and immigration in the United Kingdom
- Ease the transition of relocation to the UK with this advice
- Find a dependable mover for help with your international relocation to the UK
- How to make your new place in the United Kingdom feel like home
- Moving your family to the United Kingdom
- Preparing to move from the USA to the UK
- Sort through your belongings before moving to the UK
- The difference between an immigrant and non immigrant visas
Popular Moving Destinations in UK
- Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into The United Kingdom” page.
- Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into The United Kingdom” page.