Deliver Your House Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from United Arab Emirates
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call now 1-888-509-3213
United Arab Emirates International Moving Services
International moving is needed when a business or individual needs to relocate to a different country. This often proves to be a long and daunting process especially for the individual who attempts to do it all by themselves. To make this less of a burden and meet the growing need, some movers provide international moving services. In case you are planning to move to the United Arab Emirates (UAE), a reliable international moving company can ship your household goods or ship your car for you.
Moving to United Arab Emirates Cost & Time Examples
|New York to Dubai||$3,700- $6,200||$7,100- $11,700||4-8 weeks|
|Los Angeles to Dubai||$4,000- $6,700||$7,700- $12,600||5-9 weeks|
|Seattle to Abu Dhabi||$4,100- $6,800||$7,800- $12,800||5-9 weeks|
|Jacksonville to Dubai||$4,100- $6,800||$7,700- $12,700||4-8 weeks|
|Portland to Dubai||$4,200- $7,100||$8,100- $13,200||5-9 weeks|
|Dallas to Abu Dhabi||$4,200- $7,200||$8,100- $13,200||4-8 weeks|
|Columbus to Dubai||$4,500- $7,400||$8,500- $13,900||4-8 weeks|
|Memphis to Dubai||$4,500- $7,400||$8,300- $13,900||4-8 weeks|
|Phoenix to Dubai||$4,800- $7,800||$8,900- $14,600||5-9 weeks|
|Denver to Abu Dhabi||$6,200- $10,100||$11,400- $18,600||5-9 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size):
1BR=2600 lbs – 3900 lbs
2BR=3900 lbs – 5200 lbs
3BR=6500 lbs – 9100 lbs
4BR=9100 lbs – 14300 lbs
5BR=11700 lbs – 19500 lbs
Will you pay duty on household belongings?
According to the International Association of Movers, as long as your household items are used – then import duty will be waived. However, be aware that all shipments (whether duty-free or not) must follow some important regulations. For instance, all of your paperwork must be ready before your goods arrive in the UAE. In addition, a valid passport and/or Residence Visa are required – without these your goods will not be authorized to enter the country.
It seems that customs also has a reputation for extremely careful inspection of shipments, so you should avoid packing any prohibited items. Failure to do so could result in monetary fines and/or prison time (1). In fact, even items on the restricted list (which are technically allowed in certain quantities or circumstances) often aren’t admitted into the country, end up damaged or have high fees levied upon them (2).
Will certain documentation be required?
When processing your shipment, customs will need to see your passport and a full packing list. A valid Residence Permit or Residence Visa is also required – though an Employment Visa (with entry stamp) is an acceptable substitute. You may also be able to present your UAE ID, an application for this UAE ID or the completed application for a visa.
Before your goods can be authorized for entry, the Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill for the shipment should also be provided. You may need a Letter of Authorization or Undertaking as well (3). Finally, your contact and billing information will likely be needed (4).
Will you pay duty on vehicles?
Unfortunately, customs does not extend exemption for vehicle imports. A value-added tax (VAT) of 5% will be levied on all vehicles, both new and used. It also appears that an additional import duty of 5% will be charged on new vehicles (5). However, this isn’t abundantly clear – and another reputable source reports a flat duty of 5% on all imports (6). With such conflicting information available, you’re advised to seek out an answer straight from customs.
Will certain documentation be required for your vehicle?
You must show a valid passport with a Residence Visa. A separate Residence Permit also seems to be needed. A letter authorizing you to import your vehicle is required as well – along with the purchase receipt. Other paperwork proving that you’re the vehicle’s owner should be submitted too. Finally, the registration, title and a Certificate of Origin must be shown.
Keep in mind that some key details must be listed on this certificate, such as the year of manufacture, paint color and engine number. Additional information required includes the model number, monetary value, chassis number and vehicle weight (7). Whether these facts also must be stated on the Certificate of Origin isn’t specified – so be sure to ask customs before shipping your vehicle.
Finally, a few regulations must be followed, when bringing a vehicle into the United Arab Emirates. First, the UAE prohibits importation of right-hand drive cars (8). Second, tinted glass is either restricted or prohibited (depending on the source consulted) (9). Last of all, if your vehicle was manufactured over 10 years ago, then you will need permission from the local agent before shipping it (10).
Tips on how to make your international move easier
The following tips can guide you to make your international move an easier process:
- Research: Get familiar with the requirements for relocating as well as the rules that govern shipping to United Arab Emirates.
- Package your goods in a way that allows for easy handling, storage and movement.
- Prepare your documents and present them as and when required. The UAE customs department and the US Department of Transportation (USDOT) may guide you on the documentation required.
- Search for a reputable and reliable moving company.
- Liaise with the moving company and establish a good client-company relationship.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
Relocating to United Arab Emirates or any other location may be a daunting task to do individually. There are a lot of activities such as packing and unpacking, transportation and document processing. A professional moving company can provide you with the needed assistance, making the move less complex, from start to finish.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
When you are making an international move, you need to hire a company that will offer you with the best United Arab Emirates International Moving Services. You need to have the assurance that they will provide secure and reliable transportation of your goods. Having experienced and reliable personnel who will attend to you also makes the move enjoyable. To find the best international moving company, do some research and find out if the company is licensed to ship to UAE. You also need to confirm if the insurance covers third parties. It is also good to check the company’s ratings and testimonials from previous clients so as to get an idea of its performance. To get an estimate of the shipping costs of United Arab Emirates International Moving Services, do not hesitate to request for quotes.
Our United Arab Emirates International Moving Services
- Packing/unpacking: We have packing supplies that make the move easy. We ensure all your items are safely packed and ready to go, we then make sure you are settled in your destination.
- Commercial moving: It is our business to help your business move to United Arab Emirates.
- Office moves: We can assist you in relocating your office and enable an easy transition.
- Apartment moves: Moving into your new home should be stress-free and we help you to do this.
- Planning and preparation: We take into consideration all the details, big and small. We also help you plan on the best time to ship to United Arab Emirates, considering its climatic conditions.
- Visa and immigration services: We offer you with the much needed assistance on the visa application requirements.
- Housing assistance: We offer great housing assistance services, making you feel at home with us.
- Family services: We know that each family is unique and that is why we offer tailor-made family services.
- Auto transport services: Moving your automobile in a safe and reliable way is what you are looking for and now you have found us. We are up to this task.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
A-1 Auto Transport is a reputable and reliable moving company. We have stood the test of time and we are the best compared to the rest. Over the 20 years of serving clients, we have perfected our services to meet and exceed their expectations. We are also easily accessible and offer you round the clock support. Our prices are the best in the industry. Upon request, we can give you a free quote and with no obligations.
Make the right move!
Please fill-out the form at the top of the page. We are also a call away and available 24/7 at 888-509-3213 to answer any question you have on our United Arab Emirates International Moving Services or to provide you with advice. You can also get in touch using the contact details included here. We look forward to hearing from you. Make the right move- move with us!
- Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into United Arab Emirates” page
- Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into United Arab Emirates” page.
- Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into United Arab Emirates” page.
- -Tinted glass is restricted according to:
-Tinted glass is prohibited according to:
Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into United Arab Emirates” page