Ukraine International Moving Services
Changes may require a company or an individual to move to a different country. Countries across the world are also opening up their borders to allow businesses to thrive. International moving or relocation is often a detailed process that requires lots of preparation and documentation. This brings about the need for international moving services provided by professional moving companies. By hiring such services, you get to enjoy a stress-free move to Ukraine since the moving company handles car shipping and goods shipping with expertise.
Moving to Ukraine Cost & Time Examples
|Houston to Kyiv||$3,700- $6,300||$6,900- $11,600||3-6 weeks|
|Philadelphia to Kyiv||$3,900- $6,400||$7,100- $11,700||3-6 weeks|
|Charlotte to Dnipro||$4,100- $6,900||$7,600- $12,600||3-6 weeks|
|Los Angeles to Kyiv||$4,400- $7,300||$8,200- $13,600||5-8 weeks|
|San Jose to Kyiv||$4,500- $7,400||$8,300- $13,700||5-8 weeks|
|Atlanta to Kharkiv||$4,500- $7,400||$8,200- $13,600||3-6 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Kyiv||$5,000- $8,200||$9,200- $15,100||5-8 weeks|
|Chicago to Kharkiv||$5,000- $8,200||$9,100- $14,900||3-6 weeks|
|Phoenix to Dnipro||$5,100- $8,500||$9,500- $15,700||5-8 weeks|
|Denver to Kharkiv||$6,700- $11,000||$12,300- $20,200||5-8 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Duties at entry for household goods
A credible source asserts that you can avoid paying the regular import duties, if your household belongings were purchased at least six months ago. Customs requires that you’ve used them during this term, and that you’ve resided outside of the Ukraine for a minimum of the last 12 months. A detailed inventory is also necessary, and this must not omit any goods contained in your shipment.
Another requirement to receive duty exemption is supplying all of the paperwork requested by customs. Finally, you must be there in person when your shipment is being processed. However, if you cannot fulfill this requisite – simply being in the Ukraine is acceptable (1).
Paperwork at entry for household goods
A long list of documentation is required for shipments of household belongings, including your passport and visa. An Employment Contract and Work Permit are also required, along with a customs declaration. Customs will request a pro-forma invoice and an Employer Registration Certificate as well. You’ll also need to show an Immigration Card and a full packing list.
A separate inventory is mandatory too, and certain goods must be listed in further detail (such as electrical appliances and old books). You may also have to provide a Temporary Import Obligation and additional confirmation of your employment. The Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill for the shipment should be submitted as well (2).
Duties at entry for your vehicle
If you have a valid DIP Card or Work Visa, then customs allows you to import a vehicle without paying duty. This exemption is temporary, and only runs for 12 months. However, you can extend this duty relief after the allotted time expires, if your work contract is still good. If you don’t have a Work Visa, then you’ll pay the standard import duties, VAT and excise tax to bring your vehicle into the Ukraine. The specific rates aren’t listed, as customs calculates these fees using details about your vehicle. This will include the engine size and design, as well as other information (3). Customs also enforces an import limit of just a single vehicle, and prohibits vehicles manufactured over five years ago (4).
Paperwork at entry for your vehicle
You must provide the vehicle’s title, your driver’s license and proof of international insurance coverage. Your passport, visa and the purchase receipt for the vehicle should be presented as well (5). A valid Employment Visa may also be required, along with the vehicle’s registration. Customs will also request a document listing the vehicle’s details, including the chassis number, make, engine number, model, total vehicle weight and engine displacement (6). When importing a vehicle into the Ukraine, you’ll need the Original Bill of Lading for the shipment as well (7).
Since customs policies are apt to change, it’s recommended that you ask them what requirements your shipments will face. This will help to minimize any risk, that you’ll experience longer than normal delays or other problems during processing.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
Making an international move may be overwhelming. However, you can make it easier by applying the following tips:
- Conduct a search on moving companies that are experienced and licensed to provide Ukraine International Moving Services. Your mind will be at ease when you know that your belongings are being handled by a trusted company.
- Package your goods well and label any fragile ones. Proper packaging enables the shipping company to handle and store the goods with ease.
- Familiarize yourself with Ukraine shipping rules. Also make use of online resources such as information on the US Department of Transportation (USDOT) website.
- Document preparation will enable you have an easy time processing the legal documents at each stage where they are required to be presented.
- Liaise with the moving company. Establish a good communication flow and company-client relationship. This helps in making your order well understood and acted upon with ease.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
Relocating to Ukraine or any other country in the world may pose different challenges. To ease this move, you will probably need to seek moving services. Hiring such services will give you the much needed assistance while packing and unpacking your valuables, transporting them and while processing documents. A moving company will also guide you through the rules that govern shipping to your destination.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
The following are some of the questions that you need to pose while considering if a moving company will be the best for you:
- Will the moving company offer you with affordable yet reliable and secure shipping?
- Will you receive the necessary support from the company from start to finish?
- Does the moving company operate within the legal requirements to provide Ukraine International Moving Services?
- What is the company’s rating and performance compared to other companies in the industry?
Our Ukraine international moving services
- Packing/unpacking: We make the move easier for you by packing and unpacking your goods.
- Commercial moving: Big or small businesses can easily set up base at Ukraine.
- Office moves: We can handle your office inventory and help you start your office hours in a timely manner.
- Apartment moves: Moving to and settling into your apartment in Ukraine will be made easy with us on-board.
- Planning and preparation: We know like any other move, you need to plan and be well prepared and we offer you with this service.
- Visa and immigration services: We are able to assist you understand the visa requirements and walk you through the visa application process.
- Housing assistance: We do our best to make you feel at home and offer the best housing services.
- Family services: We offer personalized family services so as to meet your needs in the best way possible.
- Auto transport services: We are familiar with the rules that govern shipping to Ukraine and we can advise you on this. We understand that shipping your car to Ukraine may be a bit complex because of the current political situation as well as the reversal of the law to reduce import duties charged on imported vehicles. However, we do our best to simplify this for you.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
Are these some of the words that come up while making your moving company checklist: Reliable, timely, experienced, trustworthy and affordable? These are just some of our values and promises.
If you are looking for top-notch services that are offered at a reasonable fee then look no further! We at A-1 Auto Transport know that you want to make your big move without necessarily exceeding your budget. That is why we offer you value for your money.
Move with us!
Please fill-out the form at the top of the page. Do not hesitate to give us a call at any time on 888-509-3213. You may also reach us via the contact details provided here. We will give you a free quote upon request and we can provide more information on our Ukraine International Moving Services.
- Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Ukraine” page.
- Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Ukraine” page
- Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Ukraine” page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.