Deliver Your House Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Turkmenistan
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call now 1-888-509-3213
Turkmenistan International Moving Services
If you have ever had to make a move in the past, you will agree with us that it’s not the easiest thing to do. The good news is that moving doesn’t have to be a difficult thing to do for anyone. Even if you are doing a long international move, you can still have peace and assurance knowing that everything will be well taken care of.
Duties when bringing in household items
It’s possible to avoid the typical duties charged by customs, if you import your household goods temporarily. Otherwise, you will pay the full rate currently imposed on shipments of household belongings. To be eligible for exemption, your temporary importation must happen no later than six months after moving to Turkmenistan.
Your goods also must be used (import tax cannot be waived on new belongings), and you won’t be permitted to sell, lend out to others or get rid of these while in the country. Customs also requires that you will be working for a business within Turkmenistan, and show documentation proving this is the case (1). The International Association of Movers guides that all paperwork is to be forwarded to the destination agent a full 10 days before your goods reach Turkmenistan. Otherwise, high duties may be levied on your shipment (2).
Documents when bringing in household items
Before customs will authorize your shipment for entry, you must provide a full packing list, Letter of Employment and a valid visa. Your Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill also must be shown, along with a pro-forma invoice. Your passport and a customs declaration should be submitted as well (3).
Customs will also ask to see a complete inventory, and this should list monetary values and be written in either Russian or English. Certain details must be included as well, such as the weights of your items (both net and gross). Finally, if a third party will be interacting with customs on your behalf, then a Power of Attorney must be filed (4).
Duties when bringing in a vehicle
Consistent with the regulations governing household belongings, temporary importation of your vehicle is the only way to sidestep import duties. You’ll still pay a small fee or duty, but this is limited to just $25 – plus $5 for each hour that customs spends processing your shipment. You won’t be allowed to sell your vehicle while in Turkmenistan, and it must be removed from the country upon leaving. Keep in mind that only left-hand drive vehicles are eligible for importation.
If you wish to permanently import your vehicle instead, then the standard duty and tax will be assessed (5). No specific rate is mentioned, so it’s best that you consult customs, to find out more.
Documents when bringing in a vehicle
During clearance of your vehicle, you’ll need to present a Temporary Import Declaration or a Permanent Import Declaration (depending upon which option you choose). Proof of insurance coverage, the Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill for the shipment and a Certificate of Standard of State are also required (6).
Customs will request the driving manual and you’ll also need to present written permission from the Operation Department within the head customs office in the capital. You’re also required to have a full examination performed by an approved state vehicle inspection provider. This report should include a receipt of plates (presumably your license plates, but this isn’t entirely clear) (7). When importing a vehicle into Turkmenistan/, additional documentation requirements will apply as well.
This overview is a good starting point, when planning your move to Turkmenistan. However, it is certainly not exhaustive and customs rules are liable to change on a regular basis. Taken together, this means that you’d be wise to contact them for yourself, to determine what regulations and fees will be imposed on your shipments.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
International moves require a lot of work and preparation. Here are some tips to make the process more bearable:
- Identify the things that you would like to take with you early. Waiting for the last minute can result in forgetting some vital items.
- De-clutter as much as possible. The weight of your cargo in long international moves will have a big impact on the price of the move so the more items you leave behind, the better.
- Prepare all the papers that you will need for the move e.g. passports, identification, car log books etc.
- Research on the rules and requirements for your move. Find out what you can bring with you and the documents you will need to provide. The State Migration Service will have valuable info.
- Find an international moving company and talk to them about the details of the move like whether or not you will need to provide packing supplies and other such details.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
Just like it is with just about anything else in life, getting a professional to provide Turkmenistan International Moving Services will always have better results than doing it yourself. Here are a few reasons why:
- A professional moving company has the connections necessary to easily get any information you might need in the move.
- Moving companies have already invested in equipment to make the move easier so everything will be done efficiently and properly.
- Your cargo can be shipped together with other items to give you some cost reduction benefits.
- You get to leverage on years of experience in the industry so you get to avoid common pitfalls.
How to find the best international moving company
There are many moving companies that claim to provide Turkmenistan International Moving Services. This doesn’t mean that you should simply pick the first one you come across and move on. You need to make sure that you are picking the best company for your move. You can do so by conducting an online search of their customer testimonials and reviews. You could also check for industry certifications along with a decent cargo insurance policy to protect your property during transit. Finally, check the cost to make sure you are getting value for your money.
Our Turkmenistan International Moving Services
These are the Turkmenistan International Moving Services we provide:
- Packing/unpacking: No need to worry about this, we will make sure that you settle in within the shortest time possible.
- Commercial Moving: If you need to move your business to Turkmenistan, we will transport your equipment to enable you to explore new markets.
- Apartment moves: For fast, effective and affordable apartment moves, A-1 Auto Transport is the place to be.
- Planning and preparation: All our services can come with a helper to take you through the planning and preparation for the move.
- Visa and immigration services: Confused by legal mumbo jumbo? Let the experts do it!
- Housing assistance: We can even help you find a house to move into.
- Family services: Need something extra for the kids? Let us know and we will do it.
- Auto transport services: You don’t have to sell your car just because you are leaving. Take it with you.
Why A-1 Auto Transport Inc.?
A-1 Auto Transport is the preferred international moving company in Turkmenistan for many people because of the following reasons:
- We have perfected our trade after having been in this industry for more than two decades.
- We give full transparency from the start to the finish of the process.
- The safety of your property is our number one priority.
- We have the most competitive rates in the market.
- We are insured.
Give us a call!
Have more questions? Call us on 888-509-3213 or fill-out the form at the top of this page and we will get back to you with the information that you seek.
- Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Turkmenistan” page
- Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Turkmenistan” page.