Tonga International Moving Services
Moving your valuables across the highlands of Tonga can be hectic especially when you have to do it yourself. The time you take moving everything could end up being costly and prohibitive. You could use that time in doing other constructive work; you have schedules and deadlines to meet. That is why you need a professional to do all that for you without a sweat and ensure everything is done effectively. A-1 Auto transport guarantees you the best service for international moving and we will also ship your car to wherever you want to go. You can rely on our professional Tonga International Moving Services.
Moving to Tonga Cost & Time Examples
|Miami to Nuku'alofa||$3,800- $6,400||$7,300- $11,900||4-7 weeks|
|LA to Nuku'alofa||$4,200- $7,000||$8,100- $13,200||5-8 weeks|
|Seattle to Nuku'alofa||$4,200- $7,000||$8,100- $13,200||5-8 weeks|
|Detroit to Nuku'alofa||$4,200- $7,000||$7,900- $13,000||4-7 weeks|
|Dallas to Nuku'alofa||$4,300- $7,300||$8,100- $13,300||4-7 weeks|
|Atlanta to Nuku'alofa||$4,300- $7,300||$8,200- $13,400||4-7 weeks|
|Portland to Neiafu||$4,500- $7,400||$8,400- $13,900||5-8 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Neiafu||$4,700- $7,900||$8,900- $14,700||5-8 weeks|
|Chicago to Nuku'alofa||$4,900- $8,100||$8,900- $14,700||4-7 weeks|
|Indianapolis to Neiafu||$4,900- $8,100||$8,900- $14,700||4-7 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Duties for household items
Customs permits you to import household belongings without paying any import duty, though there are some prerequisites to receive exemption. The Chief Commissioner must determine that these items have been personally used by you for a reasonable amount of time prior to import - and that you aren’t planning to sell or get rid of these items within the country.
You also must have a Residence Visa that’s good for a minimum of twelve months. Finally, these household goods must be brought into Tonga no later than six months after you arrive (though the Chief Commissioner has the authority to issue an extension). If you’ve lived in Tonga previously, then you must have resided elsewhere for at least 2 years to be eligible for duty exemption (1).
Documents for household items
Before any of your other paperwork can be processed, you must request and obtain a Customs Identification Number (CIN). This is required when importing household goods for your own personal use, rather than commercial purposes (which would require a Tax Identification Number instead) (2). You can download the short one-page CIN application here. Customs also has many other forms, and you should speak to them directly - to determine which will apply in your specific situation.
That being said, you’ll likely need to fill out the Passenger Arrival Declaration, and you may need a Border Currency Reporting Form. One of several different types of inspection forms will probably be necessary as well (3). Last of all, Customs Import Entry (Form C13) will almost certainly be requested, when processing your shipment for entry (4).
Duties for vehicles
According to the duty schedule provided by the Ministry of Revenue & Customs, it seems that most vehicles with spark-ignition internal combustion reciprocating piston engines can be imported without incurring duty. This includes vehicles which are in new condition. There are a few exceptions, such as vehicles built to accommodate 10 passengers or more - though this may only be for diesel or semi-diesel versions of these vehicles (5).
While it’s likely that import duty won’t be charged on your vehicle, excise tax should still apply. The rate varies depending upon the exact category of your vehicle, which is determined by the year of manufacture, type of engine and engine size.
The current range is from 25 cents per cc - all the way up to $1.00 per cc of engine displacement (6). In general, the taxes are higher for vehicles with larger engines, which were manufactured less than 10 years ago. To determine the charges that will be imposed on your particular vehicle, talk with customs beforehand.
Documents for vehicles
Though the paperwork required when shipping a vehicle to Tonga isn’t entirely clear, you’ll likely need all of the forms necessary for importing household goods listed above. Confirm this information with customs, to avoid problems or delays during processing.
This overview isn’t comprehensive, and other regulations, fees and documentation requirements may pertain to your shipment. For example, a Consumption Tax of 15% is reportedly charged on all imports - though whether this is levied on shipments of personal belongings isn’t mentioned.
How do you make your international move easier?
International moving is a more extensive process that requires one to observe a few things. There are some documents you need and therefore you need to get them ready. Some of these are Visa/passport and a permit to move your items.
Each country has specific requirements and therefore it is imperative to get to know what you require. You need to package your valuables well in advance, in the best way possible, to avoid inconveniences. Such and much more is required prior to moving your things. That is why our Tonga International Moving Services is the solution for you. We have the solutions you need; you only give us the instructions and see it done.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
No one wants to go through a process that will drain them physically, financially and emotionally. You don’t want to begin a process that you are not sure about, the logistics on legal requirements and much more. A professional moving company is essential in getting everything in place for easy and convenient moving. You need someone to pack for you in the most appropriate way to avoid breakages. International moving demands so much that if you did it alone, it would take ages yet it is something a professional will do in a matter of hours.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
Not every other company in the moving industry is fit for you to partner with. A company of your choice should be accredited to do the business by both local and international authorities. This company should have been in business for a while and prove that they have rendered similar services nearly all over the world. A good moving company will have presence in all countries and possess a certificate of shipping. The company of your choice should ensure that you and your valuables are comprehensively insured in case of anything. You will need someone who closely walks with you through the process, from the time you begin packing until you are settled in your destination. This is why you need to ensure that you only end up with a reputable international moving firm.
Our Tonga International Moving Services
- Interstate car towing services: Wherever you want to move your vehicle across the islands of Tonga, A-1 Auto Transport services will help you reach your destination safely. We know all what is required to move around and therefore you don’t have to struggle.
- Salvaged car and shipping services: Transporting a salvaged car requires much more attention and details than moving an ordinary car. We are the best in offering this kind of service.
- Motorhome transport and shipping services: Motorhomes and SUVs can be very expensive especially if they have to be driven over long distances because they use a lot of fuel. We will move these for you safely, conveniently and at an affordable rate.
- Packaging: Moving overseas will require a professional to pack your valuables and make it easier and as per the requirements of the regulator. We have our well-trained team to make the whole exercise easy.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
With an experience of over 20 years in this business, A-1 Auto Transport has been able to do business in all countries of the world. We have the details of the shipping requirements for all countries. We have well-established offices and agents spread across all cities of the world. Our customers have accredited us as the best moving company and continue to refer other clients to us.
Contact us today
Get in touch if you need to move across the islands of Tonga or move to other cities of the world. Our quality service assures you that our Tonga International Moving Services ought to be your preferred shipping partner. Call us today on 888-509-3213 or contact us using the details provided here.
(1) Customs tariff schedule, as published on: http://www.revenue.gov.to/Resource.aspx?ID=1327
(2) Information concerning Unique Identification Numbers, as listed on: http://www.revenue.gov.to/Article.aspx?ID=1893
(3) Official customs forms of Tonga, as listed on: http://www.revenue.gov.to/Article.aspx?ID=1899
(4) Information on private imports (for individuals), as listed on: http://www.revenue.gov.to/Article.aspx?ID=1910
(5) Customs tariff schedule, as published on: http://www.revenue.gov.to/Resource.aspx?ID=1327
(6) Excise tax schedule, as published on: http://www.revenue.gov.to/Resource.aspx?ID=1328
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
🇹🇴 Tonga, (TO)
Our Services and Information
A-1 Auto Transport Worldwide Locations
We Strive to Serve Countries around the World.
- 3 Tips For Moving Back To SchoolAcclimating After Moving To Another CountyAdams State University Moving ServicesAfter The Move: Painting Your HomeAlabama Agricultural and Mechanical University Moving ServicesAlabama State University Moving ServicesAlbany State University Moving ServicesAlcorn State University Moving ServicesAppalachian State University Moving ServicesApproximate Moving Cost CalculatorArizona State University Downtown Phoenix Campus Moving ServicesArizona State University Polytechnic Campus Moving ServicesArizona State University Tempe Campus Moving ServicesArizona State University West Campus Moving ServicesArkansas State University Moving ServicesArkansas Tech University (ATU) Moving ServicesArmstrong State University Moving ServicesAthens State University Moving ServicesAuburn University at Montgomery Moving ServicesAuburn University Moving ServicesAugusta University Moving ServicesBall State University Moving ServicesBari, ItalyBemidji State University Moving ServicesBest Questions To Ask Local Movers
- Moving To AfghanistanMoving To AlbaniaMoving To AlgeriaMoving To AndorraMoving To AngolaMoving To Antigua and BarbudaMoving To ArgentinaMoving To ArmeniaMoving To AustraliaMoving To AustriaMoving To AzerbaijanMoving To BahamasMoving To BahrainMoving To BangladeshMoving To BarbadosMoving To BelarusMoving To BelgiumMoving To BelizeMoving To BeninMoving To BhutanMoving To BoliviaMoving To Bosnia And HerzegovinaMoving To BotswanaMoving To BrazilMoving To Brunei
- 2019 - December2019 - October2019 - September2019 - August2019 - July2019 - April2019 - March2019 - February2019 - January2018 - December2018 - November2018 - October2018 - September2018 - August2018 - July2018 - June2018 - May2018 - April2018 - March2018 - February2018 - January2017 - December2017 - November2017 - October2017 - September