Tanzania International Moving Services
In the world of globalization, movement has been on the rise. As a businessperson, you have to move and get what your customers want from anywhere it may be found. As an employee, you will have to consider taking up that new position in another country. The list is endless of all what makes moving inevitable. Be that as it may, whatever the move, you need a professional international moving company to help you execute that relocation.
Moving to Tanzania Cost & Time Examples
|Miami to Dar es Salaam||$3,600- $6,000||$6,900- $11,300||4-8 weeks|
|Houston to Dar es Salaam||$3,600- $6,000||$6,900- $11,400||4-8 weeks|
|Atlanta to Dar es Salaam||$4,100- $6,800||$7,700- $12,700||4-8 weeks|
|San Jose to Dar es Salaam||$4,100- $6,900||$7,900- $13,100||5-9 weeks|
|Philadelphia to Mwanza||$4,200- $7,200||$8,100- $13,200||5-8 weeks|
|Memphis to Dar es Salaam||$4,400- $7,300||$8,200- $13,600||4-8 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Dar es Salaam||$4,600- $7,700||$8,800- $14,500||5-9 weeks|
|Los Angeles to Mwanza||$4,700- $7,800||$9,000- $14,700||6-10 weeks|
|Phoenix to Dar es Salaam||$4,900- $8,100||$9,100- $15,000||5-9 weeks|
|Denver to Dar es Salaam||$6,200- $10,300||$11,400- $18,700||5-9 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
A -1 Auto Transport has been handling international moving for decades now, serving hundreds of people around the world. We offer top-of-the-range shipping services as part of our Tanzania International Moving Services.
Will you have to pay duty on household goods?
As long as your shipment of household belongings meets the required criteria, you can import it without incurring duty. To receive this type of exemption, you must have resided outside of Tanzania for a minimum of the last 12 months. You also must have purchased these goods at least six months ago, and personally used them during this time. Finally, customs requires that any shipments of personal items arrive no later than six months after you move to Tanzania (1).
You should know that another trusted source (the International Association of Movers ) disagrees – saying that you have just 90 days after moving for duty-free import. However, if you can’t meet this time frame, then you can ask for an extension. Also, to receive duty exemption, you’ll need to have a valid Work Permit already in hand. Otherwise, your shipment will have to be stored until you obtain this – and demurrage charges will be incurred (2).
What paperwork must be submitted for household goods?
During processing of your shipment, you must provide a Work Permit Certificate and a full packing list. Your passport and Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill are also required. Customs also mandates that you apply for a TIN (taxpayer identification number) Certificate, which is issued by the TRA office. If you wish to import any new items into the country, then a commercial invoice for these goods must be shown (3).
Be aware that exemption isn’t offered for new belongings, and you’ll have to pay duty of 20% to 25%, plus a separate value-added tax. Customs will also need to see a Residence Visa and an International Health Certificate, when clearing your shipment of household belongings. An Immigration Permit, Certificate of Change of Residence and C-41 form are also mandatory documentation. A detailed inventory that lists the monetary values for your items is also necessary (4).
Will you have to pay duty on a vehicle import?
It appears that you can indeed obtain duty exemption on a vehicle import, but the rules are a bit murky. According to IAM, you will need an Exemption Certificate and a VAT 220 form that’s been endorsed by the appropriate authorities. Exemption is also only available for vehicles manufactured no more than seven years ago. If your vehicle is older than this limit, the standard excise duty, VAT and import duty will apply.
Other requirements listed include having purchased the vehicle a minimum of one year ago (in your origin country) – and having personally used it during that time. It also should be in your name, if you wish to receive duty relief. Finally, be aware that only right-hand drive vehicles can be imported (5).
What paperwork must be submitted for a vehicle import?
In order to bring a vehicle into Tanzania, you must show a Certificate of Non-Sale, the purchase receipt and your passport (6). The Original Bill of Lading for the shipment is also required, and this must list certain key information about the vehicle (such as the chassis number). A SARPCCO (or Interpol Certificate) is also necessary, but only if the origin nation is located within Africa.
Customs will need to see a Pre-Export Inspection Certificate as well, which has been issued from a mechanic approved by the Tanzania Bureau of Standards. An acceptable substitute is paperwork from the organization in charge of transport in your origin country. A TIN Certificate is also required, along with your vehicle’s registration (7).
Only a portion of the applicable regulations have been covered here, and many more will pertain to your shipments. This highlights the importance of contacting customs beforehand, to verify that you’ve fulfilled all of the necessary clearance requirements.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
- Get everything ready: The travel documents and the valuables to be moved should be prepared in advance. Get relevant clearances from government departments concerned.
- Get a comprehensive insurance cover for you and your luggage in advance. This will cushion you in case there is an accident.
- Hire a professional international moving company. They will help you get everything ready for moving in good time.
- Prepare your destination beforehand: Ensure you have a house to stay-in and storage facilities for your valuables.
How to find the best international moving company
A professional company should have presence in Tanzania, and the other countries where they operate, complete with offices and agents. Your company of choice should be able to help you get the best insurance cover that will see you through the entire relocation process. The company should have a good number of years’ experience in international moving. An international moving company must be accredited by the Tanzanian authority and should have permits to operate in the countries under their coverage.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our Tanzania International Moving Services
- Packing/unpacking: We offer packing services and once at the destination, we unpack for you and help you get settled.
- Commercial moving: Whatever business you do, whichever commodity you want to be imported to Tanzania or exported to other countries is not a challenge for us. As part of our Tanzania International Moving Services, we ensure safe, timely delivery of your items.
- Office moves: We have a team of experts who will carefully pick your office items and deliver them to your destination. They will then unpack and arrange your new office as per your specifications.
- Apartment moves: Forget about the painful experience you have to go through moving into or out of an apartment. Whether a storehouse, dormitory, a condominium or townhouse, we have done this many times before. We are good at it and will see to it that you are well settled within no time.
- Planning and preparation: Before we begin any move, we help you plan the whole exercise. We give you an approximate budget so that you do not have to be stressed by cost overrides.
- Visa and immigration services: Whether it is help applying for a visa or any other document from the department of immigration, our team will help you get all that you need.
- Housing assistance: It is heartbreaking to get to a new country and you do not have a place to stay or store your goods. Do not worry, we are here to ensure that you have suitable accommodation and storage facilities – if you need them.
- Family services: Is it a small family of four or an extended family of twenty or so, we have a dedicated team who will get you to your destination safely and with minimal disturbance.
- Auto transport services: You can trust us with your precious automobile. We have the expertise to get it safely to Tanzania.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
We can offer top-notch Tanzania International Moving Services because of the extensive experience we have in the moving industry. With over 20 years in this line of work, we have the means and expertise to get you safely to your new destination. We have set-up offices and have agents in the major towns and cities of the world. This makes our service delivery reliable because we always meet set timeframes. We are certified to carry-out this business in the Republic of Tanzania and have permits to operate in all countries of the world. Enjoy our international moving services wherever you are in the world.
Contact us today
For more information, get in touch with us by calling us on 888-509-3213. You can also reach us using the contact information provided here. Alternatively, fill-in your details in the form provided on top of this page and our dedicated customer service representatives will get in touch with you.
- Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Tanzania” page
- Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Tanzania” page.