Deliver Your House Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Taiwan
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call now 1-888-509-3213
Taiwan International Moving Services
International moving is the process which a company or individual transports their goods from one country to another. The need for such international moving services is met by the services provided by international movers. Such professional moving companies assist clients to have a hassle-free move. International moving services include, but are not limited to: Transportation, packing and unpacking, moving and storing of goods.
Moving to Taiwan Cost & Time Examples
|Boston to Kaohsiung||$4,600-|
|Los Angeles to Taipei||$4,900-|
|Portland to Taipei||$5,100-|
|Houston to Taipei||$5,100-|
|Detroit to Taichung||$5,400-|
|Jacksonville to Taipei||$5,500-|
|Phoenix to Taipei||$5,600-|
|Chicago to Taichung||$6,000-|
|Denver to Kaohsiung||$6,700-|
|Seattle to Kaohsiung||$6,700-|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size):
1BR=2600 lbs – 3900 lbs
2BR=3900 lbs – 5200 lbs
3BR=6500 lbs – 9100 lbs
4BR=9100 lbs – 14300 lbs
5BR=11700 lbs – 19500 lbs
Auto transport services are also available to enable you ship your car to Taiwan or any other destination safely and in a timely manner.
The duty you’ll pay on household goods
You can usually be exempted from the regular import duties and taxes, when bringing used household belongings into Taiwan. You’ll need to have all of your paperwork submitted to customs, in order to be eligible for duty relief. Customs also requires that your goods arrive no later than six months after moving to Taiwan. If applicable to your situation, a declaration form for unaccompanied baggage must be filled out when you enter the country. If you fail to do so, then you will not be granted duty and tax exemption (1).
Customs also enforces various import regulations, such as the need to treat all wood cargo crates according to ISPM 15 standards. Also, for shipments sent ahead of your arrival, these cannot be authorized for entry until you are in the country (2).
The documents you’ll need for household goods
You must have the Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill for the shipment, plus an inward declaration form. A full inventory or packing list also must be provided, along with information about your flight (if arriving by plane). Customs also requires copies (scanned digitally) of both your passport and entry stamp. A digitally scanned copy of your Work Permit or ARC is mandatory as well (3).
This permit is obtained from the Ministry of Economic Affairs, and must be shown upon your arrival. A letter giving the destination agent permission to process your shipment is necessary too, as well as documents establishing employment within Taiwan.
A valid Certificate of Residence will be requested by customs, and you may have to present birth certificates for every person in your family. A copy of your marriage license may also be needed, though this might only be for foreigners who wed a Taiwanese citizen (4).
The duty you’ll pay on vehicle imports
No duty exemption is mentioned by the reputable sources consulted – only the instruction that they will be assessed on your vehicle shipment (5). Though customs doesn’t offer exemption, they do require your vehicle to meet certain conditions – otherwise it cannot enter the country. First, it must run on unleaded gas. Second, the vehicle must be left-hand drive. Third, it will be subjected to environmental inspection. If it fails to pass, then it will be sent back to your origin country. Be aware that for vehicles not specifically made with Taiwan’s technical requirements in mind, failure of this inspection is possible (6).
The documents you’ll need for vehicle imports
Customs will ask for a valid Import Permit, as well as your Residence Visa. Proof of insurance coverage and your passport are also required. The vehicle’s title and registration should be presented as well. The purchase receipt for the vehicle and a customs declaration are necessary too (7).
When importing a vehicle into Taiwan, you’ll also need to submit a Work Certificate (or Permit), your driver’s license and the Original Bill of Lading. This OBL is required to list details about the vehicle, including the engine number, make, model, year of manufacture and whether it’s left-hand drive (8).
Though this overview is thorough, additional regulations, filing requirements and fees may apply. This is why it’s important to discuss all shipments with customs, before sending them from your origin country. Doing so can prevent issues during clearance, saving you stressful delays and even added costs.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
Make your international move easier by acting on the following tips:
- Package your goods securely using options such as boxing or crating. Your goods will be handled frequently and you therefore need to package them well.
- Prepare your documents well in advance to enable easy processing.
- Choose and liaise with a reputable moving company. Establish a good relationship and maintain good communication with the movers. You can clearly communicate your expectations and they will also be forthright and update you of your move and any changes.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
International moving requires you to undertake many tasks such as visa applications, packing and unpacking, document preparation and transportation of your goods, just to mention a few. Hiring the services of a professional moving company will help to lessen this burden. Your relocation process will be made much easier since you will be provided with the much needed support and your anxiety will ease knowing that the moving company will attend to all details.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
The number of movers providing international moving services is steadily growing. This may make you get stuck when you have to make a choice on who to partner with. To help you select the company that provides the best Taiwan International Moving Services, you will have to take some factors into consideration. Some of these factors include the moving company’s expertise and its ratings. This will give you an idea as to whether they can meet your expectations. Find out if the company is legally licensed to ship to Taiwan. There is also the cost factor. To get an estimate of the shipping costs, you can request for a quote.
Our Taiwan international moving services
- Packing/unpacking: We ease the burden of moving by helping you get ready for the big move then ensure everything is unpacked and sorted once we get to Taiwan.
- Commercial moving: Our specialty is moving commercial entities to Taiwan.
- Office moves: We move with you and enable you set-up shop in a hassle-free manner.
- Apartment moves: We transport your valuables safely to your new apartment.
- Planning and preparation: We know that proper preparation is important for you to make a well planned move and we are here to guide you every step of the way.
- Visa and immigration services: We are well acquainted with the visa policies of Taiwan and will advise you accordingly.
- Housing assistance: We have a reliable and professional team that delivers great housing assistance.
- Family services: Families feel at home with us and enjoy our personalized family services.
- Auto transport services: We are the trusted hand which can transport your valued automobile safely and reliably – at an affordable price. Get a quote from us and make the comparison.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
While relocating, is your main priority to benefit from services provided by an experienced, reliable and affordable mover? If the answer is yes, look no further!
We at A-1 Auto Transport have served clients for over 20 years and offer various services, including Taiwan International Moving Services. We also guarantee you peace of mind since we will deliver your goods and our promises too! Our customers have given us the confidence that we are the ideal company compared to the rest. This is because a majority of them are repeat customers. Also, a large percentage of them (97%) refer us to other clients seeking moving services. Because we understand that you would like to make the move without necessarily exceeding your budget. We provide free quotes upon request.
Get in touch!
Please fill-out the form at the top of the page. You are welcome to give us a call on 888-509-3213 or write to us using the contact details provided here. We will be sure to get back to you in real time. We can provide more guidance, information, clarification on our Taiwan International Moving Services.
- Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Taiwan” page.
- http://www.iamovers.org/ResourcesPublications/CountryGuides.aspx?ItemNumber=3525 and Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Taiwan” page and Moverscom “Moving to Taiwan” page
- Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Taiwan” page.