Deliver Your House Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Slovakia
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call now 1-888-509-3213
Slovakia International Moving Services
If you are seeking Slovakia International Moving Services, you have landed on the right page. In this article, we will share important information regarding international moving. The process of moving overseas is quite different from moving within states. In fact, it is very challenging.
Moving to Slovakia Cost & Time Examples
|Boston to Bratislava||$3,800- $6,400||$7,100- $11,700||3-6 weeks|
|New York to Košice||$4,100- $6,800||$7,400- $12,300||3-6 weeks|
|Dallas to Bratislava||$4,400- $7,200||$7,900- $13,100||3-6 weeks|
|Jacksonville to Košice||$4,400- $7,200||$7,900- $13,100||3-6 weeks|
|Seattle to Bratislava||$4,500- $7,400||$8,300- $13,800||5-8 weeks|
|Los Angeles to Košice||$4,700- $7,800||$8,800- $14,500||5-8 weeks|
|Chicago to Bratislava||$4,700- $7,900||$8,700- $14,400||3-6 weeks|
|Memphis to Košice||$4,900- $8,100||$8,800- $14,500||3-6 weeks|
|Phoenix to Bratislava||$5,300- $8,600||$9,600- $15,900||5-8 weeks|
|Denver to Bratislava||$6,500- $10,800||$11,900- $19,600||5-8 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size):
1BR=2600 lbs – 3900 lbs
2BR=3900 lbs – 5200 lbs
3BR=6500 lbs – 9100 lbs
4BR=9100 lbs – 14300 lbs
5BR=11700 lbs – 19500 lbs
Tips on how to make your international move easier
Cost of living
Each country has its own cost of living. So, before you move to Slovakia, research the standards of living there. Such information may include the price of different commodities and services. Doing this will help you identify which areas of your spending you need to cut down on. Also, you will be in a position to put aside enough savings to cater for your moving and settling.
Visa and passport
Being party to the Schengen Agreement, as a US citizen, you do not need a visa when traveling to Slovakia for the first 90 days. Nonetheless, you will need to contact the Embassy of Slovakia or Consulate offices to apply for a longer-stay visa. While at it, find out about the different types of residency for American citizens and apply accordingly.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
You are required to have a valid US passport. It should cover three months from your date of arrival. Do also; find out if you need any other documents such as a work permit.
Banking and insurance
Before you leave, contact your bank and enquire if you can still access your savings while overseas. Also, make sure that your debit and credit cards are valid and can be used to access your funds while abroad. Do make necessary arrangements for your bank to continue making important payments such as clearing an outstanding debt.
Similarly, contact your insurance service provider and find out if you can transfer your policies. You can also ask if your policies will be valid while overseas. Ask if you will need additional policies such as travel and risk insurance.
Why you need a professional moving company
As we have established, international moving is a challenging undertaking. In fact, it is very strenuous and time-consuming. There are many applications to be made as well as rules and regulations to be followed. It is not a task to be undertaken alone so seek help from a professional company. Such a firm will have the required expertise and the right tools for the job. They will also ensure that your belongings are handled with care and they arrive safely. Their services are hassle-free.
How to find the best international moving company
You will get many moving companies when you begin searching for Slovakia International Moving Services. Nonetheless, you need the best. Hence, consider the following:
- Ensure that the company you select is licensed and has insurance that covers damages on household items.
- Choose a company that has achieved high service standards by attaining accreditations.
- Compare different estimates and settle for the company that offers a good service package at an affordable rate.
- Read online customer reviews. These will help you make a more informed choice.
Our international moving services
Our Slovakia International Moving Services offer the following:
- Packing/unpacking: Leave the packing and unpacking of your valuables to us.
- Apartment moves: We will help you switch between rental apartments.
- Corporate moves: We will help you to move your office or business.
- Planning and preparation: We will give you helpful information to get you ready for the day of moving.
- Visa and immigration: We will help you to apply for important travel documents such as a visa and a passport.
- Housing assistance: We will help you find suitable housing.
- Family services: We will also help you to locate family service providers such as schools and health centers.
- Auto transport: We have the equipment and expertise to safely ship your car.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
With more than 30 years’ international moving experience, we are the right partner for you. We have helped thousands of people relocate abroad. Whichever the destination, we will get you there. Additionally, we have vast knowledge and information regarding moving overseas and we will furnish you with all that you need.
Get in touch
Do you feel it is time to relocate to Slovakia? Get in-touch by contacting our experts on our toll-free number 888-509-3213. Before you leave, feel free to fill-out your details in the form at the top of this page to get free estimates of our services.