Singapore International Moving Services
Changes and planned events may cause an entity or an individual to move to a different country. Across the world, countries are also opening up their borders and providing opportunities for businesses to thrive and individuals to live and work there. International moving or relocation is often a detailed process that requires lots of preparation and documentation. However, hiring international moving services provided by professional moving companies makes this less daunting.
Moving to Singapore Cost & Time Examples
|San Jose to Singapore||$4,400- $6,000||$8,300- $11,200||5-7 weeks|
|Seattle to Singapore||$4,400- $6,000||$8,200- $11,000||5-7 weeks|
|Portland to Singapore||$4,600- $6,300||$8,700- $11,700||5-7 weeks|
|Miami to Singapore||$4,700- $6,400||$8,800- $11,900||6-8 weeks|
|Philadelphia Singapore||$4,700- $6,500||$9,000- $12,200||6-8 weeks|
|Denver to Singapore||$6,600- $9,100||$12,100- $16,300||5-7 weeks|
|Detroit to Singapore||$5,100- $7,100||$9,600- $13,100||6-8 weeks|
|Dallas to Singapore||$5,300- $7,200||$9,900- $13,200||6-8 weeks|
|Atlanta to Singapore||$5,300- $7,200||$9,900- $13,300||6-8 weeks|
|Chicago to Singapore||$5,800- $7,800||$10,800- $14,500||6-8 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size):
1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs
2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs
3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs
4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs
5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
You can easily ship your car to Singapore, as well as any other household items, in a hassle-free manner when you use a reputable and reliable mover.
Household goods - will you pay import duty?
Customs does extend duty exemption, if your shipment meets a few conditions. First, you must have purchased these household belongings over three months ago. Second, you must have been personally using them during that span. Third, you must bring your goods into the country, no later than six months after you move to Singapore. Finally, you must provide all of the paperwork that customs requires.
Failure to observe the six month time limit will result in a GST tax of 7% being levied on your shipment. In addition, customs is quite rigid when it comes to the declaration of your shipment’s contents. If you leave off items, you can be slapped with monetary fees, legal charges and even jail time (1).
You should know that another reputable source differs somewhat, asserting that household items must have been purchased six months ago instead. It goes on to say that exemption requires the intention of living in the country for over one year as well. Lastly, a limit of a single shipment via air and one over either land or water is imposed by customs (2). With conflicting information available, you’re advised to consult customs in order to determine which details are correct.
Household goods - will certain documents be required?
You should have your passport, Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill and a Declaration of Facts form. A Supplementary Customs Declaration is also required. If you want to receive exemption, then a Goods and Services Tax Relief form should be filed. A valid Employment Pass is necessary, and you may need a Wine and Liquor Declaration as well (3).
A Residence Permit and Visa are likely mandatory too. If you don’t already have an Employment Pass and/or a Residence Permit, then a copy of the letter sent requesting these documents may be acceptable. A detailed inventory should be submitted, along with your full contact details. Documentation of employment within Singapore (in the form of a letter from your employer) is also required (4).
Vehicle shipments - will you pay import duty?
Regrettably, customs does not offer duty exemption on vehicle imports. Though a specific rate isn’t mentioned by the reputable sources consulted, they actively discourage shipping a vehicle to Singapore. This is due to the onerous import fees that customs imposes, as well as the cost to register the vehicle (5).
If these expenses don’t deter you from importing your vehicle, then be aware that only right-hand drive vehicles are allowed into the country. Also, customs limits imports to vehicles manufactured three years ago or less. In addition, vehicles that aren’t fully assembled are forbidden. You must provide a Certificate of Compliance as well, which confirms that the vehicle meets the necessary emission standards (6).
Vehicle shipments - will certain documents be required?
Before your vehicle will be cleared to enter Singapore, you must provide the appropriate documentation. This includes a copy of your insurance policy, data card for the vehicle and purchase receipt. Paperwork showing how much you paid for freight insurance and shipping is also required.
The Certificate of Compliance mentioned above and your passport should be shown as well. Customs will request paperwork proving when the vehicle was made. Pictures of the odometer, VIN, inside and outside of the vehicle are also necessary (7). Be prepared to give customs the registration and an Inward Declaration Permit too. Proof of having paid the required duties must be presented, along with a Temporary Certificate of Entitlement (8).
Customs clearance can be quite involved and additional requirements not covered here will apply. For these reasons, it would be unwise to proceed with your shipments, before discussing the details with customs. Hiring a competent and reliable shipping firm like A1 Auto Transport is also an excellent strategy - as we can help guide you through every step of the process.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
Making an international move may be overwhelming. However, you can make it easier by applying the following tips:
- Conduct a search on moving companies that are experienced and licensed to provide Singapore International Moving Services. Your mind will be at ease when you know that your belongings are being handled by a trusted company.
- Package your goods well and label any fragile ones. Proper packaging enables the shipping company to handle and store the goods with ease.
- Familiarize yourself with the Singapore shipping rules. Also make the most of online resources such as information on the US Department of Transportation (USDOT) website.
- Document preparation will enable you to have an easy time processing the legal documents at each stage where they are required to be presented.
- Liaise with the moving company. Establish a good communication flow and company-client relationship. This helps in making your order well understood and acted upon with ease.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
Relocating to Singapore or any other country in the world may pose different challenges. To ease this move, you will probably need to seek moving services. Hiring such services will enable you to benefit by getting the needed assistance while packing and unpacking your valuables, transporting them and while processing documents. A moving company will also guide you through the rules that govern shipping in your destination country. They may also assist you in registering your vehicle at your destination country.
How to find the best international moving company
The following are some of the questions that you need to pose while considering if a moving company will be the best for you:
- Will the moving company offer you affordable yet reliable and secure shipping?
- Will you receive the necessary support from the company from start to finish?
- Does the moving company operate within the legal requirements to provide Singapore International Moving Services?
- What is the company’s rating and performance compared to other companies in the industry?
Our Singapore international moving services
- Packing/unpacking: We make the move easier for you by packing and unpacking your goods.
- Commercial moving: We help big or small businesses set-up base in Singapore.
- Office moves: We can handle your office inventory and help you start your office hours in a timely manner.
- Apartment moves: Moving to and settling into your apartment in Singapore will be easy with us.
- Planning and preparation: We know like any other move, you need to plan and be well prepared and we offer you this service.
- Visa and immigration services: We are able to assist you in your travel to Singapore and guide you through the visa application process.
- Housing assistance: We do our best to make you feel at home and offer the best housing services.
- Family services: We offer personalized family services, meeting your needs in the best way possible.
- Auto transport services: We are familiar with the rules that govern shipping to Singapore and we can advise you on this. We understand that shipping your car to Singapore may be a bit complex and considerably costly. However, we do our best to simplify this process for you and guide you on how to ship your car to Singapore inexpensively.
Why A-1 Auto Transport Inc?
Are these some of the top priorities while searching for a moving company: Reliable, time-keeping, experienced, trustworthy and affordable? These are just some of our values and promises. If you are looking for top-notch services that are offered at reasonable prices, we at A-1 Transport Inc are able to deliver this.
Move with us!
Please fill-out the form at the top of the page. Do not hesitate to give us a call at any time on 888-509-3213. Alternatively, you may reach us via the contact details provided here. We will give you a free quote upon request and we can provide more information on our Singapore International Moving Services.
- Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Singapore” page.
- Found on Moverscom “Moving to Singapore” page.
- http://www.iamovers.org/ResourcesPublications/CountryGuides.aspx?ItemNumber=3545 and Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Singapore” page and Moverscom “Moving to Singapore” page
- Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Singapore” page.
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org