Deliver Your House Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Sierra Leone
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call now 1-888-509-3213
Sierra Leone International Moving Services
There are various modes of transport to access various countries across the globe. Also, the speed of processing visas and passports opens up opportunities to individuals who would like to go abroad. Businesses also have the opportunity to shift their operations to a different country. These activities all call for international moving and the process can be undertaken by the individual or by hiring professional moving services.
Moving to Sierra Leone Cost & Time Examples
|Miami to Kenema||$3,300-|
|New York to Bo||$3,300-|
|LA to Freetown||$3,600-|
|Seattle to Freetown||$3,600-|
|Portland to Freetown||$3,800-|
|Dallas to Kenema||$3,800-|
|Memphis to Bo||$4,100-|
|Indianapolis to Bo||$4,200-|
|Phoenix to Freetown||$4,400-|
|Denver to Freetown||$5,600-|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size):
1BR=2600 lbs – 3900 lbs
2BR=3900 lbs – 5200 lbs
3BR=6500 lbs – 9100 lbs
4BR=9100 lbs – 14300 lbs
5BR=11700 lbs – 19500 lbs
To settle well in your destination country, you may opt to carry your essential belongings and also have your car shipped.
Household items and the import duty you’ll pay
If your household items were purchased at least six months prior to shipping them to Sierra Leone, then duty exemption can be obtained. You’ll also need to have personally used them for the last six months, and to have resided outside of the country for a minimum of 12 months. In addition, customs only gives you three months after entering Sierra Leone, to import goods without paying duty.
If exemption is granted, then you won’t be permitted to sell, lend out to others or give away these goods while in the country. Be aware that even duty-free shipments incur a documentation tax, which is 1.25% of your shipment’s value, cost of shipping and insurance combined. Also, even used appliances have tax of 41% assessed on them (1).
Household items and the import paperwork you’ll need
Certain paperwork must be provided, if your shipment is to pass through customs successfully. You’ll need a comprehensive inventory that includes monetary values, and bears your signature and the date. The Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill for the shipment is also required.
Your full contact details, passport and a separate packing list must be presented as well. This packing list is required to include information about any appliances in your shipment. You may also need receipts for these appliances. Customs also mandates that you obtain a TIN number, which is issued by the National Revenue Authority (2).
Vehicles and the import duty you’ll pay
It doesn’t seem that duty exemption is available, so expect to pay between 5% and 110% in import taxes and duties. The exact amount will be determined by customs, and is based upon your particular vehicle. Customs agents will look at the year of manufacture, model, engine size and monetary value. It’s possible that additional duties may be charged as well, though this isn’t clear (3). Therefore, you’re advised to discuss the matter with customs, to learn what fees your vehicle shipment will incur.
Vehicles and the import paperwork you’ll need
Importing a vehicle into Sierra Leone requires having your passport, purchase receipt and a valid Residence Permit. You also must show proof of international insurance coverage, your driver’s license and the Original Bill of Lading. This OBL should list the engine number, year, manufacturer, registration number, model, chassis number and engine displacement. The vehicle’s title and registration must be provided as well. If a third party will be handling customs clearance on your behalf, then you should file a Power of Attorney (4).
Since customs regulations are subject to change, and the above discussion isn’t exhaustive in scope – you’re urged to contact customs directly. They can provide a full accounting of the paperwork requirements, procedures and fees that will pertain to your specific shipments.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
These tips can help you to make the international move easier:
- Familiarize yourself with the shipping rules and regulations so that you may take guided actions. The US Department of Transportation (USDOT) has relevant information on shipping from the US to various destinations across the world.
- Prepare and package your goods properly in order to ease their storage and handling.
- Get a qualified and reputable mover to assist you in your international move.
- Work on your documents early enough so as to avoid any delays in processing and clearance. The Embassy of Sierra Leone may advise you on the paperwork that is required.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
There may be a lot of processes that you need to pass so as to have a successful move. Hiring Sierra Leone International Moving Services will enable you to take a heavy load off of you. By handing over a bulk of the relocation process to the experienced mover, you will get more time to attend to other matters and you will also enjoy a relatively faster and smoother move. The professional mover is conversant with all that is required to make international moves easier and they will offer you with guidance and support, from start to finish.
How to find the best international moving company
When doing a search for the best international moving company, you should put various factors into consideration. In this case, you will be moving to Sierra Leone. Therefore, you will require the services of a mover who is experienced in providing exemplary Sierra Leone International Moving Services. The mover should also have the relevant accreditations that are related to the shipping industry. Also factor in the security of your goods and find out if the company has insurance cover that provides for compensation should any harm occur to the goods of third parties. More importantly, you should find out the type of insurance that they have so that you may get an additional cover in case you are shipping very valuable goods and the mover’s insurance will not provide for full replacement in case of loss.
Our Sierra Leone international moving services
- Packing/unpacking: We offer you with the packing assistance that you need.
- Commercial moving: We are capable of moving industrial goods safely.
- Office moves: We can handle your office inventory as you work on your next success story.
- Apartment moves: We help you to move and settle in your apartment at Sierra Leone easily.
- Planning and preparation: We assist you to plan for all the big and small details of your move.
- Visa and immigration services: We help you in the preparation of your travel documents
- Housing assistance: We help you to make a smooth move and offer reliable housing assistance.
- Family services: We take up the hard task of moving so that you and your family may have an easy time relocating.
- Auto transport services: Not only do we offer you with safe and reliable auto transport shipping; we also make it possible for you to ship your car to Sierra Leone affordably.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
If you are seeking to hire a reliable and affordable mover, A-1 Auto Transport is just right for you. We are the best choice for many, as evidenced by the large percentage of clients who either refer others to us or come back to us for different services. We are also experienced and will guide you through the entire shipping process. When shipping a car, we will assist you get all the requisite paperwork ready and also advise you on the shipping option that will work best for you.
Make the right move!
Kindly fill-out the form at the top of the page. Make the right move by hiring our Sierra Leone International Moving Services. Call us on 888-509-3213 in case you would like to get more information about our services.
- Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Sierra Leone” page.
- Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Sierra Leone” page.