- Seychelles International Moving Services
- How Much Does It Cost To Move To Seychelles?
- Taxes And Duty Fees
- Hauling Costs
- Moving Insurance
- Moving To Seychelles Cost & Time Examples
- Can Duty Be Waived On Household Goods?
- What Documentation Is Needed?
- Can Duty Be Waived On Vehicles?
- What Documentation Is Needed For Vehicles?
- Tips On How To Make Your International Move Easier
- Why You Need A Professional Moving Company When Relocating Overseas
- How To Find The Best International Moving Company
- Our Seychelles International Moving Services
- Why A-1 Auto Transport?
- Get In Touch!
Seychelles International Moving Services
With a land area of only 177 square miles (459 square kilometers), Seychelles is the smallest country in Africa. It has 115 Islands and is a favorite holiday destination for tourists looking for sunny beaches and a warm coastal climate.
How Much Does It Cost to Move to Seychelles?
The cost of moving internationally to Seychelles can range anywhere from $2,000-$12,000 depending on a variety of factors such as the size of move, total distance, route, transportation method and current market trends.
When transferring to another country, creating a budget is important since costs can rise quickly. There are many factors that may affect your approach, so it might not be appropriate for your situation. It could cost between $4,500 and $10,000 to move the belongings of with 1-2 bedrooms. Be aware of those costs. Here's how it breaks down:
Taxes and Duty Fees
Taxes and duties will be due as a result of moving abroad. You should be meticulous with your paperwork as complying with the laws of the destination country is crucial. Failure to do so can have serious consequences if you don't comply with them. Depending on what you plan to purchase, duty fees alone can be as high as a thousand dollars for duty-free purchases.While generally a complex process, this can be simplified with assistance from your moving company.You might also want to consult a lawyer in case of transporting items that have specific restrictions. In many cases, moving household items is considerably less expensive than moving other types of items.
For movers, it is important to set up and follow protective approaches. You should also think about the option of transportation. In order to save time, and energy, and make sure that you are moving items safely, you should hire a moving company. You can save a lot of money on your move by sharing space with friends or using a hauling service. The right coordination can make this possible in a safe and efficient manner.
Choosing to use moving insurance will affect your shipping costs as well. The costs of insurance are determined by the type of transfer, and the level of coverage you need. While international shipping is generally safe, you are still advised to insure your cargo in the case of any eventualities.
Moving to Seychelles Cost & Time Examples
|Houston to Cascade||$3,600- $6,000||$6,900- $11,400||4-8 weeks|
|Jacksonville to Cascade||$3,800- $6,500||$7,300- $12,100||4-8 weeks|
|Charlotte to Victoria||$4,000- $6,700||$7,600- $12,400||4-8 weeks|
|Los Angeles to Victoria||$4,100- $6,800||$7,800- $12,900||5-9 weeks|
|Atlanta to Victoria||$4,100- $6,800||$7,700- $12,700||4-8 weeks|
|San Jose to Victoria||$4,100- $6,900||$7,900- $13,100||5-9 weeks|
|Chicago to Victoria||$4,600- $7,600||$8,600- $14,100||4-8 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Victoria||$4,600- $7,700||$8,700- $14,500||5-9 weeks|
|Phoenix to Victoria||$4,900- $8,100||$9,100- $15,000||5-9 weeks|
|Denver to Victoria||$6,200- $10,100||$11,400- $18,700||5-9 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Enjoy peace of mind as you relocate by getting our Seychelles International Moving Services.
Can duty be waived on household goods?
According to the Seychelles Revenue Commission, duty exemption is available for foreigners if the required criteria are met. You must have purchased these goods at least one year ago, and be in possession of them during that time. Customs also mandates that you have personally used them for this year of ownership.
If you’re able to show possession, ownership and that the goods are used - then duty exemption should be granted. It also appears that you must be establishing residency within the country, though short-term visitors may be eligible for exemption (this isn’t clear) (1). For more information, you should speak with customs about your particular situation.
In addition, though duty exemption isn’t offered for new goods, a concession of 1,000 Seychellois rupees is available. To receive this consideration, you must be relocating your primary residence to the Seychelles. Although the concession is per person - whether it applies once per item or once per shipment isn’t evident (2). With 1,000 SR only valued at just over $73 USD currently, this is an important question which you should direct to customs (3).
What documentation is needed?
Customs won’t authorize your shipment to enter the country, until you provide the necessary documentation. This includes the Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill, a full packing list and a valid Work Permit (if required in your case). Receipts are also stated to be required paperwork. Whether this refers to invoices for the shipping costs or purchase receipts for the goods on your shipment isn’t enumerated.
You’ll also need to show your passport. If you have dual citizenship, then the passport most recently used to enter the Seychelles (if you’ve traveled there before) must be presented. An Import Permit may be mandatory in your situation, so ask customs before shipping your goods. Customs will also request a Bill of Entry, and you’ll need a letter from your school or institution of higher learning if entering as a student (4).
Can duty be waived on vehicles?
The Seychelles Revenue Commission only lists returning citizens (including returning students who were studying abroad) as being permitted to import a vehicle. However, it may be worthwhile to ask customs about this point - as they don’t explicitly state that foreigners can’t import a vehicle.
It is clear that returning citizens don’t receive any kind of duty or tax relief, with GST, excise tax, trade tax and even a levy all mentioned as applicable (5). If after speaking with customs, you discover that foreigners can import a vehicle - then it’s extremely likely that all of these taxes and fees will also be incurred.
Additional regulations apply to used vehicles, including the stipulation that the vehicle arrive no later than 6 months after a citizen returns to the country. Vehicles manufactured more than three years ago are also prohibited, as well as left-hand drive vehicles. Customs imposes a one vehicle per person limit, and doesn’t permit selling or transferring of ownership for at least two years after import (6). Finally, an Import Permit is required for all vehicles, both new and used (7).
What documentation is needed for vehicles?
Though the Seychelles Revenue Commission doesn’t list any required paperwork for vehicle imports (except a valid Import Permit), it’s probable that you’ll need the title and purchase receipt. When shipping a vehicle to the Seychelles, your passport, the Original Bill of Lading and some additional customs forms will likely be required as well (8).
Tips on how to make your international move easier
So how do you prepare for the move? Here are some pointers to help give you an easy time:
- Start preparing for the move as early as possible. You can start by preparing a checklist with everything that you will need to do before you leave. This will ensure that you do not forget anything.
- Remember to change your address two weeks before you leave so that your bank statements, subscriptions and other shipments go to your new home.
- Inform your bank that you will be moving so that your account isn’t frozen for suspected fraudulent activity when they see transactions from Seychelles.
- Visit the Seychelles Immigration and Civil Status website and find out what requirements you’ll need to meet before you get a visa.
- Looking for a moving company early won’t hurt because it gives you ample time to do your research and compare your options before you commit.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-241-3110 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
Getting Seychelles International Moving Services from a good moving company is one smart move that will give you a lot of peace as you move. Here are some reasons why you should not try to manage the move yourself.
- Don’t be that friend who is always asking for favors. Believe it or not, despite what your friends say, they don’t want to help you move. It’s a tedious process that no one wants to go through. But don’t forget to invite them for the house warming party.
- Moving companies have the right tools and equipment to move your belongings without causing damage to them.
- Free up your time to focus on getting your home ready for when the shipment arrives.
How to find the best international moving company
Since the moving company that you pick for your Seychelles International Moving Services will determine to a great extent the outcome of the process, it is vital to be absolutely sure that you have chosen the very best. Here’s how to identify such a company:
- Find out if they are licensed to offer moving services by asking for a US DOT number. You can then use this tool to confirm that they are indeed licensed.
- Ask how long they have been in operation. Experienced companies will always have better services than new players in the industry.
- Once this is done, find out what their past customers had to say about their services after moving with them. You should get a number of reviews on the company website. If not, go to a website like Yelp and you’ll find more than you need.
- Finally, ask about their process when handling insurance claims.
Our Seychelles International Moving Services
- Packing/unpacking: You don’t have to worry about anything in your move. Let us handle the entire process.
- Commercial Moving: Moving businesses isn’t easy. Let the professionals handle it.
- Office moves: Don’t risk damaging your expensive office equipment. Let us move it for you.
- Apartment moves: Get unmatched peace of mind as you move to that new apartment.
- Planning and preparation: We provide guidance as you get ready for the move to ensure that everything goes smoothly.
- Visa and immigration services: Our immigration experts understand all the requirements for getting a Seychelles visa. Feel free to ask them any question that you might have.
- Family services: We make moving with the whole family feel like a fun adventure for everyone.
- Auto transport services: Don’t leave your car behind. We can bring it to Seychelles along with your other belongings.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
Need more reasons? Keep reading.
- We keep you in the loop throughout the entire process.
- We design our services around the needs of each customer.
- Our representatives are passionate, helpful and experienced professionals who will do whatever it takes to make the process easy for you.
Get in touch!
Fill the form above or call us on 888-241-3110 and let us take you to the amazing Seychelles!
(1) Seychelles Revenue Commission
(4) Seychelles Revenue Commission
(7) Seychelles Revenue Commission