Senegal International Moving Services
Nobody loves moving. It is one of the most tedious and demanding activities that you would ever engage it. And International moving is several times more tedious and demanding. Unfortunately, change is the only thing that is constant in life. So you will most likely have to move at one point or another.
The good news is that you don’t have to feel overwhelmed by all the work involved. Hire the services of a professional moving company and you might actually end up loving the process. Even if it is an international move that involves moving with everything you own – including your car.
Moving to Senegal Cost & Time Examples
|Boston to Pikine||$3,200- $5,300||$6,000- $9,900||4-6 weeks|
|Houston to Touba||$3,300- $5,500||$6,200- $10,300||4-6 weeks|
|LA to Dakar||$3,600- $6,000||$6,900- $11,400||4-8 weeks|
|Detroit to Dakar||$3,600- $6,000||$6,700- $11,000||4-6 weeks|
|Seattle to Touba||$3,700- $6,300||$7,100- $11,700||4-8 weeks|
|Portland to Pikine||$3,800- $6,400||$7,300- $12,100||4-8 weeks|
|Chicago to Pikine||$4,100- $6,900||$7,700- $12,700||4-6 weeks|
|Indianapolis to Dakar||$4,100- $6,900||$7,700- $12,700||4-6 weeks|
|Phoenix to Dakar||$4,400- $7,300||$8,200- $13,500||4-8 weeks|
|Denver to Dakar||$5,600- $9,400||$10,500- $17,200||4-8 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size):
1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs
2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs
3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs
4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs
5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
A-1 Auto Transport is reputed for offering some of the best Senegal International Moving Services. Come try our services and you won’t regret it.
Can duties be waived on your household goods?
You’ll be pleased to learn that the typical import duty can be avoided, if your shipment meets a few criteria. You must have purchased these goods a minimum of six months ago, and have been personally using them during this time. They also cannot be in their original, unopened packaging. The destination agent also is required to have all paperwork a minimum of 15 days before your shipment enters the country (1).
A statement or attestation that you won’t sell these items while in Senegal is needed as well. In addition, it appears that your employer must obtain a Certificate of Duty-Free Exemption on your behalf. Keep in mind that if duty relief is granted, you’ll still pay some incidental handling fees (between 140 - 170 Euros per container, depending on their size) (2).
What paperwork must be shown for household goods?
A Certificate of Change of Residence, full packing list (written in French) and your passport must be provided. Customs will also request your Residence Permit, Work Permit and/or Letter of Employment. A CTN (Cargo Tracking Note) is required as well (a BSC is also acceptable), along with the Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill for the shipment.
Proof of insurance and a Non-Sale Certificate that confirms you won’t sell these goods in Senegal are also mandated by customs. A separate inventory that includes monetary values is necessary as well, and this must be written in French and bear your signature and the date (3).
Can duties be waived on your vehicle?
The knowledgeable sources consulted make no mention of either import duties or exemptions (4). For this reason, it’s recommended that you give customs a call, to determine if importing your vehicle will incur duties. Though the policy on import duties isn’t clear, the regulations governing vehicle importation are much more definite. Customs prohibits any vehicle manufactured over five years ago, if it’s for personal use.
Different regulations apply for vehicles intended to move cargo. Motorcycles and any vehicle with less than 50 cc’s of power are also forbidden. When importing a vehicle into Senegal, the destination agent must have all necessary paperwork promptly. Otherwise, fees to store your vehicle as it awaits processing may accrue (5).
What paperwork must be shown for your vehicle?
A number of documents will be needed, before customs will clear your vehicle for entry. The purchase receipt, title and registration for the vehicle must be presented. You’re also required to purchase insurance from a provider within Senegal, and documentation proving this has been accomplished is necessary. A Certificate of Non-Sale should also be shown, which confirms that you won’t sell the vehicle while in Senegal. A Change of Residence Certificate, your passport and documentation of ownership are mandated by customs as well (6).
This summary of the procedures you’ll face when passing through customs is hardly all-encompassing. In addition, customs regulations tend to be modified from time to time. Therefore, it would be prudent to consult customs before relocating to Senegal. They can provide you with the most up-to-date information, so you don’t experience difficulties during clearance.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
Let’s start with preparing you for the move. Here are some tips:
- Get a checklist that you can easily add and check-off items. You can keep it on your notebook or on your phone for convenience.
- Start preparing for the move early. This gives you ample time to take care of all the important tasks, which you need to, before you leave.
- There are requirements that you will need to meet before you are allowed into Senegal. Read about them early and make sure you are compliant.
- If you want a smooth moving process, you will definitely need a good moving company for the move. Look for one.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
As mentioned earlier, the best way to move is by getting your Senegal International Moving Services from a professional moving company. Let’s look at why this is the case.
- You get to free up your time. This extra time can be used on other important moving tasks like selling the things that you won’t need or making sure that you meet immigration requirements.
- The risk of damaging your belongings during the move is greatly reduced. In addition to bringing enough manpower, professional moving companies also come with the right tools and equipment. So everything will be done the proper way.
- You can leverage on their experience in the industry to make your move fast and problem free.
- Although they reduce the chance of accidents occurring as you move, they are also prepared in the event that one happens. That is why any good moving company will have insurance that covers your property while it is in their hands.
How to find the best international moving company
If you choose to go with a moving company, your only major responsibility will be to choose a good company for your Senegal International Moving Services. Here are some pointers to help you ace it:
- Ask about their registration status. They should provide a US DOT number that you can check here to confirm that they are indeed registered.
- Find out how they treat their customers. Do this by checking their customer reviews and recommendations. They should have a reviews section on their website, but if they don’t go to Yelp and do some digging around.
- Once you are satisfied, you need to make sure that their insurance policy will actually help you. Ask about their process for handling claims.
Our Senegal International Moving Services
- Packing/unpacking: We can handle packing things neatly and unpacking them on arrival.
- Commercial moving: Get your business moved efficiently and with minimum downtime.
- Office moves: Our office moves are affordable, effective and quick.
- Apartment moves: Our aim is to ensure that you settle down in the shortest time possible.
- Planning and preparation: Get expert advice on any matters concerning your move at any time.
- Visa and immigration services: We also have immigration experts who will help you prepare for the immigration process.
- Family services: Whether you are travelling alone or with the entire family, we have what it takes to move you.
- Auto transport services: Move your car safely to Senegal using this service.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
Still not convinced? Here are more reasons to partner with us:
- You will be working with professionals who have extensive knowledge of moving having been in this industry for over 20 years.
- Every customer gets customized moving services that address their individual needs.
- You get to work with passionate individuals who are devoted to making the move as hassle-free as possible.
Get in touch!
The number to call is 888-509-3213 or you can fill the form above and one of our representatives will be in touch with you.
- Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Senegal” page.
- Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Senegal” page and http://www.iamovers.org/ResourcesPublications/CountryGuides.aspx?ItemNumber=3530 and Moverscom “Moving to Senegal” page
- A-1 Auto Transport Ship Car To Senegal