- São Tomé And Príncipe International Moving Services
- How Much Does It Cost To Move To Sao Tome And Principe?
- International Shipping
- Moving To São Tomé And Príncipe Cost & Time Examples
- Duties When Bringing Household Items Into The Country
- Paperwork When Bringing Household Items Into The Country
- Duties When Bringing Vehicles Into The Country
- Paperwork When Bringing Vehicles Into The Country
- Tips On How To Make Your International Move Easier
- Why You Need A Professional Moving Company When Relocating Overseas
- How To Find The Best International Moving Company
- Our São Tomé And Príncipe International Moving Services
- Why A-1 Auto Transport?
- Get In Touch!
São Tomé and Príncipe International Moving Services
São Tomé and Príncipe is second on the list of the smallest countries in Africa. It is an island nation known mainly for the production of cocoa, sugar and coffee. Despite getting independence rather late, it is one of the most peaceful and stable African countries.
When planning an international move to São Tomé and Príncipe, it’s advisable to make sure that you work with a reliable moving company. A-1 Auto Transport has been offering these services for decades so you can be sure that whatever service you choose from us, you will be in safe hands.
How Much Does It Cost to Move to Sao Tome and Principe?
The cost of moving internationally to Sao Tome and Principe can range anywhere from $2,000-$12,000 depending on a variety of factors such as the size of move, total distance, route, transportation method, and current market trends.
The nation of Sao Tome and Principe is located in Central Africa, near the Gulf of Guinea at the Equator. The cost of moving to Sao Tome and Principe will be determined by several, including the size of the residence being emptied for transfer. Relocating a 2-bedroom property in Sao Tome and Principe will cost between $4,500 and $10,000.
But the size of your household is only one of the elements you’ll need to account for. Shipping internationally, storing, and insuring are other factors.
It is important to take into account a person's particular insurance needs when selecting a policy. You must choose a maritime policy, for example, when shipping by sea. Movers rarely provide quotes for insurance. Ask about the coverage they provide. Insurance costs are determined by the value of the package.
It is hard to transport your belongings across national borders because most people are unaware of the difficulty. Packing up your belongings and loading them in a truck is not the end of the process. Make sure you hire a moving company with international shipping experience if you want the process to go smoothly. Worldwide shipping is pretty expensive. Expect to spend $1,000 - $10,000.
There will almost certainly be different costs associated with shipping and storing. Despite your best efforts, your shipment may arrive before you. Although it is unlikely that you will have to relocate before the shipment arrives, it is possible. Your personal belongings will have to be stored during this time. You'll need more storage space as more things will cost more money to store.
Moving to São Tomé and Príncipe Cost & Time Examples
|New York to São Tomé||$3,600- $6,000||$6,600- $11,000||4-7 weeks|
|Miami to São Tomé||$3,600- $6,000||$6,600- $11,000||4-7 weeks|
|Detroit to São Tomé||$4,000- $6,600||$7,300- $12,100||4-7 weeks|
|Dallas to São Tomé||$4,100- $6,800||$7,500- $12,400||4-7 weeks|
|San Jose to São Tomé||$4,100- $6,800||$7,700- $12,700||4-8 weeks|
|Chicago to São Tomé||$4,500- $7,500||$8,300- $13,800||4-7 weeks|
|Indianapolis to São Tomé||$4,500- $7,500||$8,300- $13,800||4-7 weeks|
|Las Vegas to São Tomé||$4,600- $7,500||$8,600- $14,100||4-8 weeks|
|Phoenix to São Tomé||$4,700- $7,900||$8,800- $14,600||4-8 weeks|
|Denver to São Tomé||$6,100- $10,100||$11,100- $18,300||5-8 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size):
1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs
2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs
3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs
4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs
5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
From shipping your car to São Tomé and Príncipe to office and apartment moves, our São Tomé and Príncipe International Moving Services will ensure that your valuables arrive safe.
Duties when bringing household items into the country
Unfortunately, there isn’t any information available about the duties imposed by customs, when importing household goods into São Tomé and Príncipe. This highlights the importance of hiring a knowledgeable international moving company like A1 Auto Transport. We can help you navigate the sometimes choppy waters of relocating to a far-flung destination.
Paperwork when bringing household items into the country
While the facts concerning duties are lacking, there is good information about the documents you’ll need to bring in shipments of household goods. Customs will request your Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill, along with your passport and Residence Permit. A comprehensive inventory that includes monetary values is also required. This should be written in Portuguese, and bear your signature and the date.
A separate packing list is also mandatory, and this can be written in English or French, if you prefer these to Portuguese. A Letter of Employment (only Portuguese is acceptable for this document) which has been stamped by your employer should be provided. A Certificate of Change of Residence is necessary as well, plus a tax card (cartao de contribuinte) issued by São Tomé (1).
Duties when bringing vehicles into the country
You may request duty concession from customs, when importing a vehicle into São Tomé and Príncipe. The vehicle must be for personal use, and companies cannot receive duty exemption. The amount of the import duty concession can vary from just a portion of these fees being waived - to having them exempted altogether. Customs doles out duty concession for a period of just one year, but this can be renewed annually for up to four years.
After this time has expired, you either must import the vehicle and pay duties - or take the vehicle back out of the country. Even if duty relief is obtained, customs still requires a Bank Guarantee. Also, be aware that certain fees will still apply, even if duty-free status is granted. These include a port tax or rate (taxa do porto) of 3%, as well as some processing charges levied by customs (2).
Paperwork when bringing vehicles into the country
A Declaration of Value and purchase receipt for the vehicle are required. The vehicle registration and a detailed inventory are necessary as well. You must submit a statement, which confirms that you won’t sell the vehicle while in São Tomé and Príncipe. If you’ve been given duty concession, then documentation proving this should also be provided (3).
It’s worth noting again, that partnering with an experienced transport firm like A1 Auto Transport, is critical when relocating to a nation like São Tomé and Príncipe. Their import regulations can be difficult to access or understand, and speaking directly with customs beforehand is challenging. We can expedite the customs clearance process on your behalf, and ensure that all of the necessary documentation is correctly submitted.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
How about some tips to help you prepare for the move? Here you go:
- Plan early: Moving overseas is not just about packing everything into boxes and moving them. You will need to get vaccines, cancel subscriptions, and many other tasks.
- Don’t rely on your own memory: Have a checklist of all the things that you need to do before leaving and keep it in an easy to reach place like your phone or notebook.
- Read about visa requirements for São Tomé and Príncipe and start preparing the documents that you will need.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-241-3110 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
When you need to get São Tomé and Príncipe International Moving Services, a professional moving company will always give better value for money. Here’s why:
- Your time is freed to allow you to focus on other things like preparing the house as you wait for the appliances to arrive.
- Professional moving companies significantly reduce the risk of accidents occurring because they use the right tools and equipment for the job.
- Having been in the industry for long, moving companies know and they avoid all the common rookie mistakes that you would have probably made had you decided to do it yourself.
- Any serious moving company comes with cargo insurance that will compensate you if something bad happens to your belongings during transit.
How to find the best international moving company
There are many moving companies offering São Tomé and Príncipe International Moving Services. Despite the large number, choosing doesn’t have to be difficult. Here are some tips:
- Ask if they are licensed and registered to offer moving services. It they say they are, ask for a US DOT number and run a search for it here to validate their claims.
- After verifying that the company is legit, the next thing is to find out if they walk their talk. This can be easily established after reading a few reviews left by their past customers.
- Finally, ask how the company handles any insurance claims that come and how long it will take before you are compensated.
Our São Tomé and Príncipe International Moving Services
- Packing/unpacking: Don’t worry about a thing in your move. Let us handle everything.
- Commercial Moving: In addition to moving homes, we also move businesses to new areas of operation.
- Office moves: Get an affordable office move with little effect on business productivity.
- Apartment moves: Fully managed apartment moves to get you settled into your new apartment in the shortest time possible.
- Planning and preparation: Any questions you might have about how we handle the move will be answered by our representatives to ensure that you are fully prepared.
- Visa and immigration services: You don’t want problems with immigration and we will see to it that you have a smooth process by providing all the help you need to get your visa.
- Family services: Our services are customized to meet the needs of both small and large families.
- Auto transport services: Let us move your car to São Tomé and Príncipe.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
Here are a few reasons why our customers are always happy to have worked with us:
- We are always within reach to answer any question you might have about preparation or the status of your shipment.
- We know that no two customers have the same needs so we customize our services to meet every individual’s needs.
- We have a team of knowledgeable and experienced personnel to move the items to your new destination.
Get in touch!
Talk to us on 888-241-3110 or fill the form above and we will answer any questions that you could be having about our services.