Saint Vincent And The Grenadines International Moving Services
Changes in the industry or an individual’s life may bring about the need to relocate. International moving involves the transporting of goods belonging to individuals or companies and there are firms that offer these international moving services.
Moving to Saint Vincent And The Grenadines Cost & Time Examples
|Boston to Kingstown||$2,800 - $4,900||$5,400 - $8,800||3-5 weeks|
|Houston to Kingstown||$2,900 - $4,900||$5,400 - $8,900||3-5 weeks|
|Jacksonville to Biabou||$3,200 - $5,200||$5,900 - $9,600||3-5 weeks|
|Detroit to Kingstown||$3,200 - $5,500||$6,000 - $10,000||3-5 weeks|
|Los Angeles to Biabou||$3,300 - $5,600||$6,300 - $10,400||3-6 weeks|
|Seattle to Kingstown||$3,300 - $5,600||$6,000 - $10,000||3-6 weeks|
|Portland to Kingstown||$3,600 - $6,000||$6,600 - $11,000||3-6 weeks|
|Chicago to Kingstown||$3,800 - $6,400||$7,000 - $11,600||3-5 weeks|
|Phoenix to Kingstown||$4,000 - $6,600||$7,300 - $12,100||3-6 weeks|
|Denver to Kingstown||$5,200 - $8,800||$9,600 - $15,800||3-6 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
A-1 Auto Transport is an experienced moving company that simplifies this complex process for you. In case you want to ship a car to Saint Vincent and the Grenadines or move your belongings to your new office or home, we are up to the task.
The import duty for household goods
It appears that import duty exemption is available on household belongings, for foreigners moving to St. Vincent. To be eligible, the goods must be brought into the country no earlier than three months before your entry, or no later than three months after your entry. However, the Comptroller of the customs department can issue an extension if they wish.
Another condition for duty exemption, is having owned and used these goods for a minimum of the last 12 months. Finally, they must be for your own personal use, and you cannot intend to sell them or employ them for commercial purposes (1).
Exemption Under CARICOM Agreement
Bear in mind that on Saint Vincent’s customs website, the household duty exemption is included on the List of Conditional Duty Exemptions - as laid out in the CARICOM Common External Tariff. It further explains that Member States have the right to deny the full amount of exemption and charge a tariff specified in the Schedule of Tariff Rates instead (2).
Confirmation of Exemption Recommended
In other words, it seems that customs can decline to offer you a duty exemption on your household goods - though it seems unlikely. However, prudence dictates that you contact customs prior to shipping, to confirm whether exemption will apply in your case.
The import paperwork for household goods
You’ll need to provide various documents, before your household belongings will be granted entry into St. Vincent. Among these is an Exemption/Concession Import Form (custom Form CL 01) (3). For household goods, you’ll need to check the conditional duty exemption box - as these items are classified under this category (4). You may also need to fill out a Customs Authorization Form and/or an ASYCUDA World User Form (5). Beyond that, Saint Vincent’s customs website provides no further details concerning the paperwork required for shipments of household items. For this reason, you should contact them for more information.
The import duty for vehicles
Partial duty relief is only available to returning citizens (and even then only if they’ve been living abroad for more than 10 years), and in other certain circumstances. For example, farmers are also offered partial duty relief, and it’s also applied to the importation of school buses (6).
For foreigners intending to import a personal vehicle, the full duty rate will be charged - which is currently 35%. An additional excise tax of 35% will also be levied on diesel vehicles, and this rate climbs to 40 - 45% for gasoline vehicles (depending on engine size). CSC of 4% will be incurred as well, plus a surcharge ranging from $3,000 to $4,500 (again dependent on engine displacement). Finally, value-added tax (VAT) of 15% is imposed on vehicle imports.
These fees are all calculated using the CIF value, which is the value of the vehicle plus shipping and insurance charges. Customs will typically use the purchase price of the vehicle for valuation purposes (7).
The import paperwork for vehicles
You must submit certain documentation to the Valuation Section of customs, including the purchase receipt for the vehicle. This must be the original document directly from the vehicle supplier (such as the dealership), and include your name, the supplier’s name, the sale amount, year of the vehicle, Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and more. See the Import Procedure For Motor Vehicle document published by customs, for a complete list of the details required.
You’ll also need to show an Insurance Certificate if required in your case, and the Original Bill of Lading for the vehicle shipment. A separate Automated System for Customs Data (ASYCUDA) World Bill of Lading is mandatory as well. Proof of payment and a Bill of Sight will be requested by customs too (8).
Tips on how to make your international move easier
Below are some ideas you can incorporate into your relocation process to make things easier for you and your family:
- Hire the services of a reliable moving company. A professional moving company will make your relocation stress-free, from start to finish.
- Establish and maintain a good relationship with the moving company. Communicate the relevant details related to your move and pay your bill soonest possible. This enables them to work on your request with ease.
- Prepare your documents well and whenever they are required for processing, avail them.
- Package your goods well. This will enable the team handing your goods to store and transport them with ease.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
Your big move calls for a lot of guided steps. A professional moving company will be able to not only provide you with Saint Vincent and the Grenadines International Moving Services but also provide you with the much needed support. They will probably be more familiar with the regulations governing shipping to Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. Also, their very able staff will assist you with packing and unpacking and make the transition easier for you.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
Searching for the best international moving company can be quite a difficuly task, especially since almost all companies claim to be the best. To narrow your search, consider the following factors:
- Is the moving company licensed to provide Saint Vincent and the Grenadines International Moving Services?
- Is the company’s performance and rating high?
- Are third parties catered for in the company’s insurance cover?
- Will the services provided be satisfactory and will the estimated cost be within your budget?
Our Saint Vincent and the Grenadines international moving services offers:
- Packing/unpacking: We make the transition easier for you.
- Commercial moving: Big or small businesses can make their move with us.
- Office moves: We can handle your inventory and enable you operate in your new office soonest possible.
- Apartment moves: We assist you move to your new home in a way that you do not have to break your bank – or back!
- Planning and preparation: We know that a lot is involved in your international move and that is why we help you plan and prepare, from start to finish.
- Visa and immigration services: Need any help with your visa application? Reach out to us!
- Housing assistance: Affordable and reliable housing services are available.
- Family services: We know that each family is different and that is why we deliver custom-made family services.
- Auto transport services: We will help you ship your automobile in the safest most reliable manner.
Why A-1 Auto Transport Inc?
Here are some things about us that will assure you that you are selecting the best moving company for your move:
- We have experience of over 20 years, and we have a good understanding of the moving industry. You can rest assured that your valuables are in safe hands.
- To cater for our customers’ needs, our operations have expanded to cover most destinations, including Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.
- We have a professional and reliable team that does their best to ensure your move is as stress-free as possible.
- We have offered services to customers who have rated us highly. In fact, 97% of our clients refer us to other people seeking moving services. This is a clear indication that they have confidence in our promise to deliver.
Get in touch, get moving!
Please fill the form at the top of the page. Also, do not hesitate to contact us in case you need to seek clarification or assistance related to our Saint Vincent and the Grenadines International Moving Services. Give us a call on 888-509-3213 or you can also get in touch with us using the contact details provided here.
(1) RULES GOVERNING THE APPLICATION OF THE LIST OF CONDITIONAL DUTY EXEMPTIONS
(4) RULES GOVERNING THE APPLICATION OF THE LIST OF CONDITIONAL DUTY EXEMPTIONS
(6) IMPORT PROCEDURE FOR MOTOR VEHICLE