- Saint Lucia International Moving Services
- Moving To Saint Lucia Cost & Time Examples
- Household Goods And Import Duties
- Household Goods And Import Documents
- Vehicles And Import Duties
- Vehicles And Import Documents
- Tips On How To Make Your International Move Easier
- Why You Need A Professional Moving Company When Relocating Overseas
- How To Find The Best International Moving Company
- Our Saint Lucia International Moving Services Offers
- Why A-1 Auto Transport?
- Get In Touch, Get Moving!
Saint Lucia International Moving Services
International moving is the process where individuals or companies transfer their goods from one country to another. This may prove to be a complex process and it is better to seek international moving services from a reliable moving company. A-1 Auto Transport is an experienced company that aims to make shipping hassle-free for you. Whether you want to ship a car to Saint Lucia or to move to your new home or office, your goods will be in safe hands.
Moving to Saint Lucia Cost & Time Examples
|Miami to Castries||$2,800 - $4,900||$5,400 - $8,800||3-5 weeks|
|New York to Castries||$2,800 - $4,900||$5,400 - $8,800||3-5 weeks|
|Philadelphia to Bisee||$2,900 - $5,000||$5,500 - $9,100||3-5 weeks|
|Charlotte to Bisee||$3,300 - $5,500||$6,000 - $10,000||3-5 weeks|
|Los Angeles to Bisee||$3,300 - $5,600||$6,300 - $10,400||3-6 weeks|
|Seattle to Castries||$3,300 - $5,600||$6,000 - $10,000||3-6 weeks|
|Dallas to Castries||$3,500 - $5,800||$6,400 - $10,500||3-5 weeks|
|Portland to Castries||$3,600 - $6,000||$6,600 - $11,000||3-6 weeks|
|Memphis to Castries||$3,700 - $6,100||$6,600 - $11,000||3-5 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Castries||$3,800 - $6,500||$7,200 - $11,900||3-6 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size):
1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs
2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs
3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs
4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs
5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Household goods and import duties
The typical import duties can be waived, if you meet certain requirements. These include having owned and used your household belongings for longer than the last year. Your shipment also must arrive no later than 3 months after you enter Saint Lucia. Customs requires that you provide (and sign) a declaration, while in front of a customs agent. Finally, you must not be planning to sell or trade these items while in the country. You should know that even duty-free shipments, still must pay a customs service fee of 6% (1).
Household goods and import documents
You should have your passport and Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill for the shipment. A comprehensive inventory should also be submitted, which must list serial numbers for any electrical goods (such as appliances) (2). This inventory should include monetary values as well, and bear your signature and the date.
A separate packing list and a valid Work Permit is also necessary. A Residence Permit will be an acceptable substitute, if you have this instead. Finally, if a third party will be interacting with customs for you - then a Power of Attorney should be filed (3).
Vehicles and import duties
It seems that foreigners entering Saint Lucia, may not be permitted to import a vehicle at all. However, the knowledgeable sources consulted were not clear on this point (4). In fact, documentation directly from customs is quite confusing - and the sheer number of different import classifications and duty rates can be overwhelming (5).
Therefore, it’s recommended that you call customs, to inquire about whether importing a vehicle will be allowed in your case. You should also partner with an experienced international shipping company like A1 Auto Transport - as we can help guide you through the intricate process.
Vehicles and import documents
If after discussing your situation with customs, they inform you that bringing a vehicle into Saint Lucia is possible - then you will need some documentation. Be prepared to hand over your Work Permit, driver’s license and purchase receipt for the vehicle. Your passport, visa and a copy of your insurance policy will also be requested by customs (6).
The title and registration for the vehicle must be shown, as well as a Circulation Permit. The Original Bill of Lading for your vehicle shipment is also required, and it must list the engine size, chassis number, year, make, model and engine number (7). Be aware that left-hand drive vehicles are restricted, and are only allowed if you have a special permit from the Cabinet (8).
With some customs procedures being vague or no guidance at all being available, it’s best that you discuss your move with customs in advance. This is good advice in any case, as customs filing requirements, fee structure and regulations are subject to change.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
Relocation is perceived to be such a hassle but it does not have to be so. Applying the following tips to your relocation process will make it easier:
- Choose an experienced and reliable moving company that will offer you great services, from start to finish.
- Establish a good relationship with the moving company. Pay your bill on time and avail the required information to them so as to enable them take action swiftly whenever required.
- Prepare all necessary travel documents well in advance and present them when they are required for processing.
- Package your goods in such a way that their handling, storage and transportation is easier.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
Hiring the services of a company that provides Saint Lucia International Moving Services provides you with the opportunity to have guidance throughout your journey. A professional moving company will be forthright and reliable. They will also ensure that you have a smooth move, from start to finish. Since the company will be more familiar with all that relates to moving to Saint Lucia, they will offer you that much needed guidance and support.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
If you do a quick online search, you will definitely see that there are a good number of international moving companies which claim to be the best. With all this information bombarding you, how can you be sure to settle on the best international moving company?
Narrow your search by putting the following factors into consideration:
- Does the moving company possess the required certifications and license to provide Saint Lucia International Moving Services?
- Is the company familiar with the regulations that govern shipping to Saint Lucia?
- What is the company’s ratings and performance?
- Is the moving company insured and do they offer third party insurance cover?
- Is the estimated cost within your budget and do the services provided match up to the cost?
Our Saint Lucia international moving services offers:
- Packing/unpacking: We got the extra mile to make your move stress-free.
- Commercial moving: Our business is to enable you set up shop in Saint Lucia.
- Office moves: We are well equipped to ensure you kick off business at your new location within the soonest time possible.
- Apartment moves: We know you would like to settle down soon and have your valuables intact and in place as soon as possible.
- Planning and preparation: We offer you with the needed guidance as you plan and prepare for your move.
- Visa and immigration services: We support and guide you through the visa application
- Housing assistance: We provide you with top-notch services and housing assistance to make your move stress-free.
- Family services: We cater to the unique needs of families while they move to their new home at Saint Lucia.
- Auto transport services: Shipping your automobile has never been more secure and far from complex. Try us!
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
So, you have done your search on shipping companies and ask yourself why you should settle on A-1 Auto Transport. Let us say something about us:
- We are one of the experienced players in the shipping industry with a cumulative experience of over 20 years.
- We have expanded our operations to cover most destinations around the world, Saint Lucia included.
- We have a professional team that is dedicated to make your move stress-free, from start to finish.
- Most of our clients are happy with our services and up to 97% rate us highly and refer us to more clients. This shows that they have confidence in us. We hope you will too!
Get in touch, get moving!
We encourage you to fill-in the form at the top of the page. Do not hesitate to contact us if you need more information on the available Saint Lucia International Moving Services. Call us using our toll-free number 888-509-3213 or get in-touch using the contact details included here.
- Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Saint Lucia” page.
- http://www.iamovers.org/ResourcesPublications/CountryGuides.aspx?ItemNumber=3546 and Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Saint Lucia” page
- A-1 Auto Transport Ship Car To Saint Lucia
- Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Saint Lucia” page.