Because of the vibrant cities, amazing culture, and warm people, Poland is quite a popular relocation destination for many Canadians looking for a change.
But a relocation often comes with a lot of questions like *How do I move all my belongings?" or "Can I even ship my car there?". Don’t worry, A1 Auto Transport has you covered!
How Can I Move My Stuff to Poland?
Moving to Poland from Canada and taking your belongings with you is a bit of a logistical challenge. Depending on how many items you have and their size/weight, it may be better to opt for a professional moving company that could handle the process, especially if you also want to ship your vehicle.
With a professional moving team, you essentially get:
- Any type of moving service you have, from door to door shipping to even packing your belongings;
- Extra peace of mind, since your cargo will be protected by insurance in case something goes wrong;
- Expertise when it comes to navigating the Polish customs process, as well as the necessary documentation you will need to transport certain items, such as a vehicle;
- A seamless experience, since you do not have to coordinate multiple means of transport (plane, ship, vehicle) on your own.
What Do I Need to Do?
There are certain things you should prepare prior to making the jump from Canada to Poland. We’d recommend you start a to-do list and handle the tasks at least a few months in advance, as it will give you enough time to properly research and find the most convenient solutions.
Some items to include on your to-do list can include:
- Finding employment and housing options, if you haven’t already;
- Researching affordable flights;
- Applying for a visa - to work in Poland, you will need a work visa. Canadians can enter Poland without a visa only if they go there for tourism purposes, and their stay is no longer than 90 days;
- Handle your paperwork - this can include redirecting your mail, notifying relevant institutions of your move (such as banks), cancel any current subscriptions, etc.
- Make a list of what you want to transport - you’ll likely not need to move every single item you currently have to Poland. It’s essential to go through what you have now and see what makes sense to take with you, and what you can perhaps sell or give away. This can be quite a lengthy process, and you really don’t want to feel pressured by a tight deadline.
A1 Auto Transport Is Ready to Help
If you’re relocating from Canada to Poland and want to work with a reputable company that can transport your belongings and your vehicle, A1 Auto Transport is at your service. Reach out to us now to talk to one of our international shipping experts to find out more about our services.