Do you want to leave Australia and relocate to Europe? Then Poland is one of the best choices, whether you’re looking for a small, quiet community or want to enjoy a vibrant, loud city.
If you need to ship personal belongings and your vehicle when moving to Poland, we can help with that. Check out this article to see what you’ll need to do:
Why Do I Need to Ship My Stuff?
Every move presents with two big (and often difficult choices): either give up the belongings you have or buy new stuff when you arrive at your new home.
Still, buying new stuff isn’t something a lot of people can afford, and considering you’ll already be making some financial investments, in the beginning, shipping your items is much for affordable, however counter-intuitive it may seem.
There is also the issue for certain personal belongings that have sentimental value, and that you want to take with you to your new home in Poland. Hiring a reputable shipping company is your best way of shipping your car, and other personal belongings safely to Poland, and get support when it comes to navigating the Polish customs rules.
Moving to Poland: the Logistics
To import household goods and vehicles from Australia to Poland, you will need some documents to present to the customs officials:
- A detailed packing list - this is essential. Poor packing lists are often the cause of delays and even additional charges. You will need to provide 3 copies of it;
- A signed letter indicating all items on your inventory belongs to you;
- Bank guarantee as security for taxes, unless you qualify for duty-free as a returning citizen, diplomat, or you will be living in Poland for more than 3 years. You will need additional documents to prove your status and qualify for duty-free.
As for your vehicle, you will need to present:
- The certificate of origin
- If you have a new vehicle, you need to provide the original sales invoice
- If you have a used vehicle, you will need the value declaration signed by the owner
- Your driver’s license
- The insurance policy documentation
- Additionally, you need to add the vehicle information (make, model, and registration) on the inventory
All shipments that come into Poland are subject to inspection, so it’s very important to ensure you have all the necessary documentation to get your cargo into the country.
We Can Help Make the Process Easier!
A1 Auto Transport is a reputable international moving company with years of international shipping experience. With us, you don’t have to worry if your packing list is comprehensive enough or wonder if you forgot any document in Australia. We can offer our support and ensure everything is nicely prepared or the Polish customs office and take your shipment to its final destination.
Get in touch with our international shipping team to find out more about us.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.