Palau International Moving Services
Moving abroad is one of the most demanding tasks you might need to do. In addition to leaving your close friends and family behind, you will also be required to learn a new way of life. Sometimes you might even need to learn a new language.
With all these things on your mind, you don’t want to have to face any problems when moving your belongings to the new country. If your destination country is Palau, then you are in luck because we have the most comprehensive international moving service and can offer Palau International Moving Services.
Moving to Palau Cost & Time Examples
|Los Angeles to Koror||$4,300 - $6,000||$8,200 - $11,000||5-7 weeks|
|Seattle to Koror||$4,300 - $6,000||$8,200 - $11,000||5-7 weeks|
|Boston to Kloulklubed||$4,700 - $6,400||$8,800 - $11,900||6-8 weeks|
|New York to Koror||$4,700 - $6,400||$8,800 - $11,900||6-8 weeks|
|Dallas to Koror||$5,100 - $7,000||$9,600 - $13,000||6-8 weeks|
|Phoenix to Koror||$5,100 - $7,000||$9,600 - $12,900||5-7 weeks|
|Charlotte to Koror||$5,100 - $7,000||$9,600 - $13,000||6-8 weeks|
|Memphis to Koror||$5,500 - $7,500||$10,400 - $13,900||6-8 weeks|
|Chicago to Koror||$5,800 - $7,800||$10,700 - $14,400||6-8 weeks|
|Denver to Kloulklubed||$6,600 - $9,100||$12,100 - $16,400||5-7 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Does customs charge duties on household items?
An island chain consisting of 340 to more than 500 separate islands (depending upon which source you consult), Palau has a population of just over 20,000 (1). If you’re planning to relocate there in the near future, you may be wondering about the import tax and duty Palau imposes on household belongings.
Though customs typically levies these charges, items intended for personal use are usually exempted from taxes and duties. Such exemption applies both to belongings entering Palau temporarily for travelers, and for permanent imports by foreigners planning to take up long-term residence (2).
Stiff Penalties For Non-Compliance
If you’re later found to be using these goods commercially or for a use other than the one declared to customs - then a fine of $1,000 could be imposed. Punishments lined out in RPPL 6-20 (Anti-Smuggling Act): Section 3702 can also be applied.
Customs also requires that you not sell or transfer ownership (except to family members living in your residence) of any exempted items for at least one year after import. The punishment for violating this regulation is payment of double the excise tax and import duty that would normally be charged on the item (3).
What paperwork does customs require?
You’ll need to provide a completed customs declaration form, which must list all items and their monetary value. This can either be the actual amount paid for the item, or if it wasn’t purchased - then its current retail value. Keep in mind that customs takes this document seriously, and falsifying values or omitting items to reduce import taxes is a serious offense. Classified as a felony, 40 PNCA § 1701 (c) mandates a penalty of up to $10,000 in fines and/or up to 3 years in prison (4).
In addition to the customs declaration form, you’ll likely need to show the Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill for the shipment. Invoices for the shipping charges and a full packing list may be requested too (5). It’s recommended that you call customs before shipping your goods, as it’s probable that other paperwork will be required.
What duties and documents apply to vehicle imports?
Unfortunately, there isn’t any reliable information available, about duties and regulations for vehicle importation. Palua customs doesn’t provide any details about whether vehicle imports for foreigners are permitted, the charges imposed or the documents required.
That said, anecdotal reports by expat residents of Palau have asserted that importation is possible (6). However, they caution against bringing a large vehicle, as roadways may be narrow and parking areas are small and/or congested. Importing a vehicle that isn’t commonly seen on Paula is also not recommended, as obtaining parts will be difficult and take longer - and repair costs will be higher (7).
If you wish to ship your vehicle to Palau, it’s best to discuss the matter with customs. They should be able to provide more details about the procedures and duties involved.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
International moves are not easy, but with the following tips, your life will be easier as you plan the move.
- Don’t wait for the last minute. Unless you want unexpected delays, plan your move early to leave room for any unexpected events.
- Carry only the things that you can’t do without. De-cluttering will reduce your load and make your packing and unpacking work easier.
- Get all the documents that you will need for the move and store them in a safe but easy to reach location.
- Contact the Palau Bureau of Immigration and make sure that you understand all the rules governing your move.
- Look for a moving company that offers reliable Palau International Moving Services. Find out how long the move will take and what you will need to provide to make the process flow smoothly.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
Here are some of the benefits of hiring a professional:
- Professional moving companies have experience in international moves so they will help you avoid some of the common mistakes.
- These companies also have connections in the right places to help you fix any problems that might occur during the move.
- Professional moving companies have all the equipment needed to move heavy as well as fragile items.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
The moving company that you choose to work with will determine to a great extent the kind of experience that you will get. As a result, it’s important to make sure that you choose a company that you can count on. Here’s how to identify such a company:
- Find out what their past customers feel about their services. You can read Google or Yelp reviews to know exactly what to expect.
- Find out if they are insured. You don’t want to lose your belongings when the worst happens during transit.
- Compare the cost charged with the services offered. Ultimately, you want to get the best value for your money.
Our Palau International Moving Services
This is what we offer:
- Packing/unpacking: We have all the necessary packing supplies to make sure that everything arrives intact.
- Commercial Moving: We also move businesses of all sizes to any part of Palau.
- Office moves: With our office moving services, you can focus on the important aspect of your business as we take care of the move.
- Apartment moves: A-1 Auto Transport is the place to be if you want to move to a new apartment in Palau.
- Planning and preparation: To make sure that you feel adequately prepared, we will help you through all the planning and preparation before the move.
- Visa and immigration services: We also have experts who are familiar with all the Palau immigration policies to help you with government regulations.
- Family services: Whether you are moving alone or with the whole family, we can handle it.
- Auto transport services: Don’t leave your car behind! We can help bring it to Palau with you.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
Why not go with a name that is renowned in the international moving industry? Here are the benefits we offer.
- We have offered international moving services for decades hence you can count on our experience to deliver.
- We keep you in the loop from the moment you request a quote on our website up to the time when everything is landed and unpacked.
- We are insured to keep your property safe from any unexpected calamities during the move.
- Our prices are very competitive. We run our service efficiently so that we can be able to give our customers the best prices.
Talk to us!
Talk to one of our representatives if you have any queries about our Palau International Moving Services. You can call us on 888-509-3213 and also fill-out the form at the top of this page. We will get back to you.
(1) Palua is made up of roughly 340 separate islands, according to: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palau.
Palua is made up of more than 500 separate islands, according to this page
(6) https://www.reddit.com/r/Palau/comments/598omy/importing_cars_to_palau/ and Expatcom “How to Bring Your Car to Palua” page
(7) Found on Expatcom “How to Bring Your Car to Palua” page.
Written By:Joe Webster
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.