- Norway International Moving Services
- Moving To Norway Cost & Time Examples
- The Import Duties Levied By Customs On Household Items
- The Paperwork Required By Customs For Household Items
- The Import Duties Levied By Customs On Your Vehicle
- The Paperwork Required By Customs For Your Vehicle
- Tips To Make Your International Move Easier
- Why You Need A Professional Moving Company
- How To Find The Best International Moving Company
- Our International Moving Services
- Why A-1 Auto Transport?
- Make The Switch!
- Popular Routes
Norway International Moving Services
Is Norway your next destination? Indeed, moving overseas is not as easy as relocating to the next state. In fact, there is a lot of planning and usage of resources involved. Undeniably, it is because of its complex nature that most people seek professional help.
If you are looking for Norway International Moving Services, we are professional international movers. We will not only ensure that your household or office goods are shipped safely, we also offer the same service for your vehicle.
Moving to Norway Cost & Time Examples
|Philadelphia to Oslo||$3,900- $5,300||$7,200- $9,800||4-6 weeks|
|Miami to Bergen||$3,900- $5,300||$7,100- $9,500||4-6 weeks|
|Houston to Oslo||$3,900- $5,300||$7,100- $9,700||4-6 weeks|
|Detroit to Bergen||$4,200- $5,800||$7,900- $10,700||4-6 weeks|
|Seattle to Bergen||$4,500- $6,200||$8,500- $11,600||5-7 weeks|
|San Diego to Oslo||$4,800- $6,600||$8,900- $12,100||5-7 weeks|
|Portland to Oslo||$4,900- $6,600||$9,000- $12,200||5-7 weeks|
|Chicago to Oslo||$4,900- $6,700||$9,000- $12,100||4-6 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Oslo||$5,200- $7,100||$9,700- $13,000||5-7 weeks|
|Denver to Bergen||$6,800- $9,300||$12,600- $17,000||5-7 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size):
1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs
2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs
3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs
4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs
5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
The import duties levied by customs on household items
You can bring your household belongings into Norway without being charged duty, if you purchased these goods at least one year ago. Customs also requires that you’ve been personally using them during this time. Another prerequisite for duty exemption, is residing in another country for a minimum of the last 12 months (1).
Customs has the right to examine your goods, and if they do so, your items should appear to be used. If customs waives duty on your shipment, be aware that this exemption extends to import taxes as well (2).
The paperwork required by customs for household items
Being granted clearance through customs means submitting the necessary paperwork, including your passport and Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill. Customs Form RG-124 (or perhaps Form RG-124A) is also required, and it appears that you may be able to fill this out after arrival. A full inventory that lists values for your goods is mandatory as well. Customs will also need to see Form RD 0030E (3).
The import duties levied by customs on your vehicle
Regrettably, only vehicles manufactured over 30 years ago qualify for duty exemption (and a value-added tax of 25% still applies). For all other vehicles, you will pay onerous import duties to bring them into the country. While the rough estimate of the combined duties and taxes is 105% of the vehicle’s value - your exact rate will vary based upon your specific vehicle.
Customs looks at engine size, amount of horsepower, vehicle weight and other factors when determining your duty and tax rate. All taxes and duties must be paid to customs before a shipment with a vehicle is released. If you proceed with importation of your vehicle, then bear in mind that an additional annual road tax must also be paid (4).
The paperwork required by customs for your vehicle
Importing a vehicle into Norway entails having the correct paperwork, such as the vehicle’s title and registration. A purchase receipt, Residence Permit, full inventory and Certificate of Compliance are all required as well. Customs also must be shown your Norwegian ID number, Original Bill of Lading and passport (5). A status report will also be requested, so be prepared to provide this document (6).
As customs procedures and requirements go, Norway’s are on the simple side (when compared to other countries around the world). However, it’s still prudent to contact them before moving, to determine if any further regulations, documentation requirements or fees will apply to your shipments.
Tips to make your international move easier
Start your packing early. About 90 days to the day of moving is the recommended timeframe. This will give you enough time to cater for everything including application for documents such as a passport and a visa.
Sift through your items and arrange your belongings according to size. Also, get rid of those things that you do not need. One great tip for packing is to use larger boxes for lighter items and smaller boxes for heavier goods. This way, no box will be crushed due to being light. While at it, let your whole family participate in this process.
Ensure that you have a valid US passport when moving to Norway. As a US citizen, you are not required to have a visa for the first 90 days. You will however, need to apply for a longer-stay visa if you are planning to stay longer. Make certain that you make such an arrangement through the Embassy of Norway.
Additionally, if you are moving due to work-related purposes, find out if you need a work permit then apply for one before leaving.
Make sure that you have the right information about the location to which you will be moving. You can start by searching the internet. You can also engage with friends and family members who reside there. Such information includes the local languages, rules and regulations, and the business environment.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need a professional moving company
To begin with, moving abroad takes a lot of time and is very tiring. If left to do it on your own, you may take months or even end up not moving at all. There is also the risk of losing and breaking your valuables.
Hence, the reason most people prefer to hire professionals. Certainly, their services are fast and very efficient. Your belongings will also not be damaged and will be delivered safely. This is because professional movers are trained and have the right equipment for the job.
How to find the best international moving company
At the onset, you may have many options when looking for Norway International Moving Services. Nonetheless to get the best, kindly consider the following:
- The principle rule is that all international movers should be licensed.
- Choose a company that has insurance that covers damages on belongings during transportation.
- Read customer reviews online. You will make a more informed choice when you read comments made by past clients.
- Compare the estimates of at-least two to three movers and settle for the one offering you a good service package at an affordable rate.
- Find out if there is a mover that offers packing services. This saves time.
Our international moving services
Our Norway International Moving Services come with the following:
- Packing/unpacking: We load and offload your belongings to and from our transport facilities.
- Corporate moves: We will help you to relocate your business or office.
- Apartment moves: We will help you to switch between apartments.
- Planning and preparation: We offer you important insights regarding moving. Such may include a checklist of all the things you need to do before the day of moving.
- Visa and immigration services: We will assist you in applying for Norway visa and immigration services.
- Housing assistance: We will help you to find a suitable house.
- Family services: We assist you to locate important family service providers such as schools and health centers.
- Auto transport: We have the expertise to safely transport your vehicle.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
We have more than 30 years’ experience and have helped thousands of people move overseas. We have gained trust from our clients due to our vast knowledge and information on international moving. By partnering with us, you will be in the right hands.
Make the switch!
Dial our toll-free line 888-509-3213 if you have decided that it is time to relocate to Norway. Remember to fill-out the form at the beginning of this page to get free estimates of our international moving services.
- Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Norway” page.
- Found on Moverscom “Moving to Norway” page.
- A-1 Auto Transport Ship Car To Norway