Deliver Your House Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Netherlands
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call now 1-888-509-3213
Netherlands International Moving Services
International moving is the process in which an individual or company transfers their goods from one country to another. International moving services are best provided by reputable and licensed moving firms since this guarantees you that your goods will be transported safely. Shipping your car or valuables should be stress-free and this will only be achieved if you rely on the services of a professional moving company.
Moving to Netherlands Cost & Time Examples
|NY to Rotterdam||$3,700-|
|Miami to Rotterdam||$3,700-|
|Detroit to Amsterdam||$4,200-|
|Dallas to Rotterdam||$4,200-|
|San Jose to Amsterdam||$4,500-|
|Memphis to Utrecht||$4,600-|
|Chicago to Amsterdam||$4,900-|
|Las Vegas to Utrecht||$5,200-|
|Phoenix to Amsterdam||$5,300-|
|Denver to Rotterdam||$6,800-|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size):
1BR=2600 lbs – 3900 lbs
2BR=3900 lbs – 5200 lbs
3BR=6500 lbs – 9100 lbs
4BR=9100 lbs – 14300 lbs
5BR=11700 lbs – 19500 lbs
Duties when importing your household items
The Netherlands is kind enough to extend duty exemption, if you meet certain criteria. First, your primary (and permanent) residence should be either an EU nation or the Netherlands itself. Second, your prior place of residence should not be within the EU, and you must have lived there for a minimum of one year. Third, you’re required to have purchased these items a minimum of six months ago, and personally used them in your normal household activities.
Finally, you have just one year to bring in any household goods without incurring duty. If you are granted exemption, then a one year period in which you cannot sell, lend out or get rid of these items will apply. Further, duty exemption isn’t automatically issued if you meet these requirements – as you must apply for it to be added to your Import Declaration (1).
Paperwork when importing your household items
Be prepared to provide a Certificate of Residence and a Statement From Employer confirming how long your contract runs and your job title. Proof of registration in the municipality where you’ll be residing within the country is also required. Customs will request a copy of your lease or purchase agreement, for a residence in the Netherlands. A valid passport, visa and Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill are mandatory as well. If you wish to have duty waived on your shipment, then you must submit an Aanvraag Vrijstelling (Application for Exemption from Import Duties) (2).
Duties when importing your vehicle
You may import a vehicle free of any duties, provided you purchased it at least six months ago (and have personally used it during that time). You’ll also need to include your vehicle in your Import Permit request – otherwise duty will be charged. If customs waives the typical duties for your vehicle, then you won’t be permitted to sell it for a minimum of 12 months (3).
Be aware that it usually takes four to six weeks to process a duty exemption application for vehicles. Also, if your vehicle isn’t being brought into the Netherlands with your shipment of household goods – then you must submit an application for tax exemption just for your vehicle.
Finally, customs requires that your vehicle undergo a technical inspection at the Netherlands Vehicle Authority (RDW for short). This can be performed after your vehicle is through customs clearance. If your vehicle passes the technical inspection, you’ll also need a vehicle registration issued by the RDW (4).
Paperwork when importing your vehicle
You must submit your Work Contract, proof of international insurance coverage and the purchase receipt for the vehicle. Either your rental contract or a deed for a residence within the Netherlands is also required. The vehicle’s registration in the Netherlands, plus the title and registration from the origin country are mandatory documentation. You are also to show the Form of Registration from the municipality where you’ll be residing (5). Customs also must be given the Original Bill of Lading for your vehicle shipment (6).
While this concludes our discussion of the paperwork, regulations and duties involved in importing household items and vehicles – this coverage isn’t comprehensive. Therefore, it would be sensible to discuss your upcoming move with customs, to learn what additional requirements will be enforced on your shipments.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
Moving overseas involves numerous procedures and preparations. However, you may have a hassle-free experience if you plan and prepare well. The following tips will enable you to make your international move easier:
- Plan and prepare well: Know the delivery times so as to avoid last minute rush and also prepare your valuables as well as the required documents in a presentable manner.
- Get informed: All necessary information can be found from the Embassy of the Netherlands, the US Department of Transportation (USDOT) website as well as from other relevant authorities.
- Liaise with the moving company and communicate all information relevant to your relocation to them. Select the delivery option that will best suit your needs to enable easy transportation to your destination.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
Relocating overseas may be something new to you so you will need to be guided by someone who is familiar with shipping to your destination. A professional moving company will be one that offers you reliable services as well as advice and guidance throughout the whole process from start to finish. When seeking Netherlands International Moving Services, work with a firm that is familiar with the rules that govern shipping to that destination and that can advise you accordingly.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
While your search may reveal that there are a number of international moving companies, you need to narrow down to those that offer exemplary and reliable services. Their expertise may be indicated by the number of years they have been in operation, their ratings and if they possess the relevant credentials. A moving company that also has an office or warehouse at your destination country will likely offer you better services. To pin-point the best firm in offering Netherlands International Moving Services, do plenty of research to determine what service is covered under the packages offered.
Our Netherlands International Moving Services
- Packing/unpacking: We help in packing your goods to have them ready for shipping and upon reaching their destination, we unpack them.
- Commercial moving: Big or small businesses can make a confident move with us.
- Office moves: Setting up shop in a new country is our business and we are capable of helping you do this.
- Apartment moves: Moving from one home to another or country to country, should not break your back or your bank. We help make this move easy.
- Planning and preparation: We know that for any shipping, a lot is involved and we are here to guide you make that big move.
- Visa and immigration services: Moving to another country is a big step and it entails a number of requirements that need to be met. We assist you in the preparation and processing of documents.
- Housing assistance: We pack, transport and unpack household goods and valuables effortlessly, making the transition easy for you.
- Family services: We offer tailor-made services to enable families move with ease.
- Auto transport services: We are capable of delivering our promise of safety and reliability while delivering your car to Netherlands.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
We have a dedicated and professional team which is more than willing to guide you through your relocation. Our unmatched experience spanning over two decades guarantees you a trusted partner who will be with you from start to finish. We also know that you should not break your bank when seeking international moving services and it is for this reason that we offer you competitive prices. If you require a quote, give us the details related to your shipping and we will provide one for free!
Get in touch!
Please fill-out the form at the top of the page. We are just a phone call or a click away and we are here to answer your questions or give you advice. Give us a call at 888-509-3213. Alternatively, you can also use the contact details included here to get in touch with us. We will be sure to respond to all your queries on the Netherlands International Moving Services or any other services you may be interested in as soon as possible.
- Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Netherlands” page.
- Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Netherlands” page.