Nauru International Moving Services
Nauru is a nice, peaceful and amazing destination. If you get an opportunity to relocate here, you will enjoy the tranquility that comes with living in an island. The slightly less enjoyable part is going to be the move. Being a fairly less popular destination, finding a company to provide Nauru International Moving Services can prove to be quite an uphill task. Fortunately for you, A-1 Auto Transport are professionals in the International moving industry.
Moving to Nauru Cost & Time Examples
|Los Angeles to Menen||$4,300- $5,900||$8,100- $10,900||5-7 weeks|
|San Jose to Arijejen||$4,300- $5,900||$8,100- $11,000||5-7 weeks|
|Houston to Arijejen||$4,700- $6,400||$8,800- $12,000||6-8 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Arijejen||$4,900- $6,600||$9,100- $12,300||5-7 weeks|
|Jacksonville to Menen||$5,000- $6,800||$9,300- $12,700||6-8 weeks|
|Phoenix to Arijejen||$5,100- $6,900||$9,500- $12,800||5-7 weeks|
|Charlotte to Arijejen||$5,100- $7,000||$9,600- $13,000||6-8 weeks|
|Atlanta to Arijejen||$5,200- $7,200||$9,800- $13,300||6-8 weeks|
|Chicago to Arijejen||$5,800- $7,900||$10,700- $14,400||6-8 weeks|
|Denver to Arijejen||$6,600- $8,900||$12,000- $16,200||5-7 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Duties you’ll face when importing household items
Though there isn’t much information available concerning import duty for household belongings, it appears that a 10% duty will apply. This is according to the Republic of Nauru Customs (Rates of Duty) Act 2010 (1). However, this latest act seems to be an addition and/or amendment to the Republic of Nauru Customs Act 1921, which does make provision for duty exemption. This earlier act says that the Cabinet may waive duty - either through a specific agreement, a regulation or simply by deciding to provide a duty concession (2). Therefore, you’re encouraged to speak with customs directly, to determine if such an exemption will be possible in your case.
Classification of Household Items
If duty relief isn’t available to you, then your household goods should be subject to the rates laid out in the Republic of Nauru Customs (Rates of Duty) Act 2010. This act lists specific categories for items like perfume, fuel, automotive parts and cosmetic products - but household goods don’t fall into any of these options.
Therefore, they should be placed in the “all other goods” category, which carries the 10% rate. This duty is charged on the value, as presumably determined by customs agents and/or your import paperwork (3).
Limited Duty Exemption
Except for the older legislation passed in 1921, there’s no mention made of duty exemption. However, the International Air Transport Association reports that a small amount of items in your personal luggage can be imported without paying duty. For instance, you’re permitted to bring 200 cigarettes and 2 liters of alcohol into Nauru without incurring duty (provided you’re old enough to be in possession of these goods) (4).
Duty will be charged on any amounts above these limits. This fee was $105 for every 1,000 cigarettes imported, but this rate is scheduled to be raised by 5% each year starting in 2011. Liquor carries duty of $10 per litre ($4 for wine and $2 for beer), but again this is set to increase by 5% every year (5).
You should also be aware that the Republic of Nauru Agricultural Quarantine Act 1999 implemented certain restrictions on the import of plants and animals. This was done in an effort to protect Nauru’s island ecosystem from disease and harmful pests (6). Consequently, before attempting to import any plants, fresh food, animals or animal products - you should first check with customs.
Paperwork needed to import household items
It seems that a licensed customs broker must fill out the necessary import declaration on your behalf (7). Unfortunately, this is the only instruction provided, concerning the paperwork requirements to import household goods. Furthermore, even the contact information for customs isn’t available.
This dearth of information is likely due to the fact that Nauru is a tiny country (the third smallest in the world) (8). The best recommendation is to contact the Nauru Embassy in New York City, in the hopes that they can provide either more details or a contact number for customs (9).
Duties you’ll face when importing a vehicle
Nauru uses the Harmonized Commodity Description and Coding System (HSC), and there are many different codes for various types of vehicles. These are based on specific engine size, vehicle purpose and possibly other characteristics.
However, it seems that a 25% duty is applied to all vehicle types, regardless of their specific HSC code and categorization (10). Therefore, you should be prepared to pay this rate, when shipping a vehicle to Nauru.
Paperwork needed to import a vehicle
Once again there isn’t any information available about the documents required to bring a vehicle into Nauru. For this reason, the same advice covered above applies - you should contact the Nauru Embassy for more details. In addition, it’s recommended that you work with a qualified moving company like A1 Auto Transport, as we can help to guide you through the importation process.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
- Get someone to help you with the planning. Moving to a new country means that you will encounter many things you are not familiar with. Talk to somebody who has done a similar move in the past or find somebody from a moving company to tell you what to expect.
- Identify the things that you will need in your new life and make a list of must-have items that must not be left behind.
- It also helps to identify the things that you won’t need to bring along so that you can make the move easier and save some money.
- Double check to be sure that you have all the papers that you will need to relocate to Nauru. Make sure that you have valid identification documents, permits and visas for your stay.
- Read about the rules for living in the island and ensure you have all requirements in place.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
Professional Nauru International Moving Services are vital for a number of reasons. For starters, everyone can always benefit from the connections that moving companies have established over the years. When things don’t go as planned, your company’s representative will be better placed to fix the problem.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Moving companies have also invested in equipment that makes moving easier. For example, they have trolleys for moving heavy items, their trucks have special ramps or lifting devices and they have packing supplies for fragile items. Everything will be done professionally so nothing will be damaged in the process. Also, your cargo can be shipped together with cargo from other customers which gives you savings in the moving costs.
How to find the best international moving company
When you are looking for Nauru International Moving Services, you will probably come across many companies that claim to offer the best service. Here are some things that you should look for in a moving company:
- Review customer testimonials: These will help you predict their service delivery since companies with good reviews are more likely to deliver great results.
- Check whether they are insured: You do not want to lose your 50-year-old classic car when something goes wrong during the move.
- Costing: Check the cost against services delivered to ensure you are getting value for your money.
Our Nauru International Moving Services
This is what we offer:
- Packing/unpacking: You don’t need to worry about the details. We take care of everything.
- Commercial Moving: Your business is safe in our hands should you ever need to explore new markets.
- Office moves: Our office moves will leave you plenty of time to focus on the other more important aspects of your business.
- Apartment moves: Moving to a new apartment in Nauru? Worry not, we have you covered.
- Planning and preparation: You also get someone to take your hand through the entire process from start to finish.
- Visa and immigration services: Our immigration experts will give you all the advice you need about moving to Nauru.
- Housing assistance: If you are having trouble finding a house in Nauru, talk to us. We can help.
- Family services: Moving with the whole family? We have the perfect moving package for everyone.
- Auto transport services: If you need to bring your car along, we have a dedicated auto transport section that will ensure your car arrives to Nauru scratch-free.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
Here are the reasons why you should come to none other than A-1 Auto Transport for your international move:
- We have been in the industry for over 20 years so we have the experience to handle your cargo.
- We keep you in the loop from start to finish.
- Because the safety of your property is our number one priority, we are comprehensively insured.
- We have the most competitive rates in the market.
Give us a call!
Need to know more? Contact us on 888-509-3213 or fill the form at the top of this page and we will answer all your questions.
(1) Republic of Nauru Customs (Rates of Duty) Act 2010, found on their website at: http://prdrse4all.spc.int/system/files/customs_duty_2010.pdf
(2) Republic of Nauru Customs Act 1921, found at: http://ronlaw.gov.nr/nauru_lpms/files/acts/e185d3cc3ef13d65b8f3561a68b3ec85.pdf
(3) Republic of Nauru Customs (Rates of Duty) Act 2010, found on their website at: http://prdrse4all.spc.int/system/files/customs_duty_2010.pdf
(5) Republic of Nauru Customs (Rates of Duty) Act 2010, found on their website at: http://prdrse4all.spc.int/system/files/customs_duty_2010.pdf
(6) Republic of Nauru Agricultural Quarantine Act of 1999, found at: http://extwprlegs1.fao.org/docs/texts/nau109166.doc
(8) Nauru is the third smallest country in the world both by population (as of the 2018 census) and landmass, according to: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nauru
(10) Republic of Nauru Customs (Rates of Duty) Act 2010, found on their website at: http://prdrse4all.spc.int/system/files/customs_duty_2010.pdf
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org