Namibia International Moving Services
As the world becomes a global village, international moving services are now in high demand. However, it is not a feat for the faint-hearted and many people have realized how frustrating it can be to try do it on your own. With stringent immigration rules in many countries, unpredictable weather patterns among many other challenges, moving has become a task best handled by professional international movers. A-1 Auto Transport has over the last two decades been able to serve millions of customers across the globe.
Moving to Namibia Cost & Time Examples
|NY to Windhoek||$4,000- $6,600||$7,300- $12,200||4-7 weeks|
|Boston to Windhoek||$4,000- $6,600||$7,300- $12,100||4-7 weeks|
|LA to Windhoek||$4,400- $7,200||$8,100- $13,400||5-9 weeks|
|Seattle to Windhoek||$4,400- $7,200||$8,100- $13,400||5-9 weeks|
|Dallas to Windhoek||$4,400- $7,300||$8,200- $13,500||4-7 weeks|
|Portland to Windhoek||$4,600- $7,600||$8,600- $14,200||5-9 weeks|
|Jacksonville to Rundu||$4,600- $7,700||$8,600- $14,200||4-7 weeks|
|Charlotte to Rundu||$4,800- $8,000||$8,900- $14,500||4-7 weeks|
|Memphis to Rundu||$5,200- $8,500||$9,500- $15,600||4-7 weeks|
|Denver to Windhoek||$6,400- $10,600||$11,700- $19,300||5-9 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Our shipping services have been preferred in Namibia and the rest of the world.
Will your household goods be subject to import duties?
One well-informed source states that shipments of household belongings can be brought into Namibia without paying duty. To receive this exemption, you must have purchased these items at least 12 months ago, and personally used them over this time. You also must have been residing outside of the country for a minimum of the last 12 months. To have duty waived, the shipment should enter port no later than six months after you relocate to Namibia. Finally, you aren’t authorized to sell, lend out to others or get rid of any duty-free goods (1).
The trustworthy International Association of Movers isn’t as clear on this point, not specifically stating that foreigners can have duty waived on used household goods. They do mention that import tax exemption must be extended to you, and if it is not - then the standard tax rate is 16.5%. Typical import duty of 20% is added to this figure (2).
Though it appears likely that if you follow the guidelines laid out above, customs will waive import duties and taxes - it’s best that you confirm this information directly.
Will your household goods require certain paperwork?
You must file your passport, packing list and a comprehensive inventory with customs. This inventory must include monetary values, listed in whatever type of currency is used in the shipment’s nation of origin. A couple of specific forms are also required, which are the P1.160 and NA 304. Customs should also be provided with your Residence Permit and/or a valid Work Permit. To have import duty waived for your shipment, a letter of exemption on duties and value-added tax is to be shown. You must request this letter from Namibia’s Ministry of Finance (3).
Will your vehicle be subject to import duties?
Here again reputable sources appear to deviate, with the International Association of Movers asserting that duty-free import is available. The requirement to receive this exemption is having purchased the vehicle a minimum of 12 months before shipping it to Namibia. Having personally used it during this year of ownership is also a prerequisite for duty-free importation. Your family may only bring in a single vehicle without paying duty. An application for tax exemption is to be sent to the Ministry of Finance (4).
Another solid source disagrees, holding that you can only obtain duty exemption, if you’re a client of an international organization which has the required technical agreement with Namibia’s government. If you don’t meet this criteria, then an import duty of 34% will be levied on the vehicle. A value-added tax in the amount of 16.5% will also be incurred, along with Ad Valorem ranging from 0.2% to 9%.
However, this sources goes on to say, that the taxes you pay during importation are refundable. To qualify for a refund, you must take the vehicle with you when moving away (5). Whether this refund includes both duties and taxes is murky, and it’s possible that only the taxes will be returned to you. Since it isn’t apparent which source is correct (along with some other details), you ought to speak with customs to learn more.
Will your vehicle require certain paperwork?
A valid Import Permit is to be submitted to customs, plus a purchase receipt (or other documents showing the vehicle’s value). Form NA 304 (or possibly Form NA 304/A) is also required, as well as your Original Bill of Lading (6). The title and registration must be shown, in addition to your driver’s license. Proof of international insurance coverage and a minimum of two years of ownership are also mandatory (though one year may suffice according to IAM) (7).
Before shipping off your valuable household goods and vehicle to Namibia, it’s judicious to first talk with customs. They can inform you about any changes to their import regulations, and provide all of the additional details not covered here.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
- Make your international move easier by preparing all necessary travel documents. Have them with you before departure.
- Get a professional international moving company: They will assist you in packing your luggage and getting the necessary documents.
- Get your housing ready at your destination: With the assistance of the professional, get a house for you at the preferred location and probably a store for your luggage.
How to find the best international moving company
The right moving company should be available through their offices and agents in Namibia and in the main cities and towns in the countries under which they operate. As part of their Namibia International Moving Services, they should be able to provide storage facilities for all your items. It also helps if they have been in the moving industry for a number of years. Additionally, a reputable company should help you get the best cover from a reputable insurance company in Namibia and a temporary cover for you once you get to your new destination.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our Namibia International Moving Services
- Packing/unpacking: No matter the quantities and the vulnerability, our team of experts who offer Namibian International Moving Services will help you pack in the best way to ensure easy picking, and once you reach your destination, we will unpack for you and help you settle without stress.
- Commercial moving: Dealers, corporate, business people importing cars or needing to bring in stock have no cause to worry. We have a special team and specialized equipment to deliver your items to the destination hassle-free.
- Office moves: Feel free to relocate your office within the country or abroad with our special team. They will rightly pick and pack your items and carefully deliver to your destination. Once there, they will help you unpack, arrange and allow you to settle.
- Apartment moves: Moving from an apartment/townhouse or a dormitory to another is something that many people dread. With our many years of experience and the right team, we will move you smoothly to your destination and get you settled.
- Planning and preparation: We will help you plan your move from beginning to end and guide you from start to finish.
- Visa and immigration services: It is a daunting task to move up and down, sometimes to places you don’t know looking for travel documents or to apply for a visa. We have our team on the ground that will assist you in getting all that you require.
- Housing assistance: Settling at your new destination can be very challenging. Wherever place you want to go to, we have details on where to get the best houses to live-in. We will help you get one and settle.
- Family services: Moving the whole family to another country can be tiresome and tricky. Most people prefer to leave their families behind for fear of the logistics involved. Worry no more. We are experts with decades of moving families like yours. You will not believe how we simplify the process. We are the experts, trust us to deliver.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
Our many years of service, to numerous satisfied customers, have given us enough experience to handle any request from whichever part of the world.
We offer advisory, packing and unpacking services to ensure that your movement is as comfortable as possible.
We are certified by the Namibian government and have permits to operate in all countries of the world.
Through our Namibian International Moving Services, we will help you get the best insurance covers for you, your family and luggage in case.
Contact us today
A-1 Auto Transport is a trusted international mover and having been in operation for over 20 years, we have been able to deliver to hundreds of our customers around the globe. Call us today on 888-509-3213 or contact us here. Feel free to fill-out the form at the top of the page and allow us to serve you.
(1) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Namibia” page. (2) http://www.iamovers.org/ResourcesPublications/CountryGuides.aspx?ItemNumber=3577 (3) Ibid. (4) Ibid. (5) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Namibia” page. (6) http://www.iamovers.org/ResourcesPublications/CountryGuides.aspx?ItemNumber=3577 (7) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Namibia” page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org