- Myanmar International Moving Services
- Moving To Myanmar Cost & Time Examples
- Tips On How To Make Your International Move Easier
- Duties Charged When Importing Household Items
- Documents Mandated When Importing Household Items
- Duties Charged When Importing A Vehicle
- Documents Mandated When Importing A Vehicle
- Why You Need A Professional Moving Company When Relocating Overseas
- How To Find The Best International Moving Company
- Our Myanmar International Moving Services
- Why A-1 Auto Transport?
- Get Moving!
Myanmar International Moving Services
International moving services are needed when a business or individual have to move goods from one country to another. These services are provided by professional moving companies who are equipped and have the expertise to navigate through this often tedious process. With the right moving partner, your relocation to Myanmar will be a hassle-free experience and one that does not have to cost you a lot of money to get done. You can be sure that all your belongings will be handled safely and that your car will get to Myanmar.
Moving to Myanmar Cost & Time Examples
|Seattle to Yangon||$5,700- $7,600||$10,400- $14,000||5-7 weeks|
|San Diego to Yangon||$5,800- $8,000||$10,800- $14,500||5-7 weeks|
|Portland to Yangon||$5,900- $8,000||$10,800- $14,700||5-7 weeks|
|Houston to Yangon||$5,900- $8,100||$11,100- $14,900||6-8 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Yangon||$6,200- $8,500||$11,500- $15,400||5-7 weeks|
|Atlanta to Yangon||$6,600- $8,900||$12,100- $16,200||6-8 weeks|
|Miami to Mandalay||$6,600- $8,900||$12,100- $16,200||6-8 weeks|
|Detroit to Mandalay||$7,000- $9,500||$12,900- $17,400||6-8 weeks|
|Indianapolis to Yangon||$7,100- $9,500||$13,000- $17,400||6-8 weeks|
|Denver to Mandalay||$8,500- $11,600||$8,500- $11,600||5-7 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Tips on how to make your international move easier
Moving overseas is often perceived to be such a hassle but it can be stress-free, especially when you choose a reputable and reliable moving company. Preparation is important so as to have a great experience and easy time relocating. You need to prepare your goods in a manner that will allow for easy packing and unpacking. Preparing your paperwork enables easy processing. Liaise with the moving company and let them know the necessary details. Also communicate your expectations to enable them deliver the service in a manner that will meet or exceed your expectations.
Duties charged when importing household items
To be eligible for duty exemption on your household belongings, you must be employed by a foreign company registered to do business within Myanmar. This is according to the International Association of Movers, which states that the only other duty exemption available (if you aren’t a citizen) is a diplomatic classification (1). Another source only mentions that you’ll need a Work Visa approved by the government, in order to receive exemption on used household belongings (2).
Keep in mind that duty-free import is limited to a single shipment via air and another over the water. Customs also requires that you take items on which duty was exempted out of Myanmar when you move away. Also, any goods that can be consumed (like foodstuffs) will not qualify for duty exemption. You must be at the port or point of entry when customs is processing your shipment for entry (3).
Documents mandated when importing household items
Typical paperwork like your passport, packing list, Import Declaration and Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill must be given to customs. In addition, an authorization letter, full inventory, letter from your employer and Work Permit should be provided. Customs will also need to see a copy of your airline ticket (if you flew into the country), plus the original boarding pass that you used.
A Temporary Import Permit is also listed among the necessary documentation - though if this is required for long-term importation isn’t clarified. Finally, paperwork showing your employer’s government registration and an invoice that lists the values of your goods are mandatory (4).
Duties charged when importing a vehicle
Regrettably, Myanmar bars private persons from vehicle importation. This perk is solely reserved for foreign diplomats, who are also granted duty exemption (5).
Documents mandated when importing a vehicle
If you are fortunate enough to enjoy diplomatic status, and wish to bring a vehicle into Myanmar - you will still need some documentation. Both the title and registration (issued in the origin country) for the vehicle are required by customs. An Import Permit and paperwork showing ownership must also be presented (6).
The Original Bill of Lading for the vehicle shipment should be presented to customs as well. Finally, you’re required to go through official diplomatic channels, in order to obtain permission for vehicle importation. This means that the U.N. Embassy must apply for customs clearance directly with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (7).
International moving can be a tricky endeavor, with many moving parts to consider. Chief among these are the ever-changing customs regulations, paperwork requirements and import duties. In order to avoid delays, clearance issues or even added costs (for storage or fines) - it’s important that you talk the matter over with customs beforehand. They’ll be able to give you the latest information, so you don’t experience problems when bringing your goods into the country
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
When doing something that you are not entirely familiar with, it is best to seek the services of qualified professionals. The same case applies when relocating overseas, Myanmar (formerly known as Burma) included. Hiring a professional moving company enables you to have a stress-free relocation since they will be able to process the documents for you, provide security for your belongings and assist you in the whole process of moving from start to finish, packing to unpacking.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
Online searches usually come up with a number of results for available Myanmar International Moving Services, with most movers claiming to be the best in the industry. How do you narrow-down this search? Consider the following factors: Do they possess the required certifications? What are their ratings? Are they familiar with the rules related to shipping to your destination? Are they insured? Does the cost they charge match the benefits you are expected to enjoy? Do not be afraid to request for quotes from the moving companies that you are considering hiring.
Our Myanmar international moving services
- Packing/unpacking: We assist you in making a stress-free move.
- Commercial moving: If your business is relocating, it is our business to help you set-up shop in Myanmar
- Office moves: We know how essential time and money is for your business. We can enable you have an easy relocation of your office in record time so that business may continue soonest possible.
- Apartment moves: We assist you in moving to your new home in a stress-free transition.
- Planning and preparation: We value your time and this is why we help you to plan and prepare for an easy move.
- Visa and immigration services: We are here to guide you as you work on gaining entry into Myanmar. You may find out what is required from you by enquiring at the Embassy of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar, Washington DC.
- Housing assistance: We are here to help you move your household goods and valuables effortlessly.
- Family services: New beginnings are great for families. The service you should get while moving together should be great as well!
- Auto transport services: We offer you all the support you need, from delivering your vehicle to providing information on the vehicle registration process.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
So, you have done your research on shipping companies and are still spoilt for choice? This is why you should choose us to provide you with Myanmar International Moving Services: We are one of the biggest, most experienced players in the auto shipping industry and our staff comprises of professionals who are capable of giving you the service you deserve. Also, the price of our services is one that you will love! We are also strategically located and have storage facilities and offices in major cities in the US and overseas. Other clients have enjoyed our services and this can be seen in our good ratings and success story. We hope you will be part of this story too!
We know for you to get moving, you need to get all information right. Give us a call on 888-509-3213 or get in touch using the contact details included here. Get moving with the best Myanmar International Moving Services available.
(1) IAMovers Country Guide: Myanmar (2) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Myanmar” page. (3) IAMovers Country Guide: Myanmar and Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Myanmar” page (4) IAMovers Country Guide: Myanmar (5) Ibid. (6) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Myanmar” page. (7) IAMovers Country Guide: Myanmar