- Mozambique International Moving Services
- How Much Does It Cost to Move to Mozambique?
- Visa Fees
- Moving to Mozambique Cost & Time Examples
- Tips on how to make your international move easier
- The duties you’ll pay for household belongings
- The documents you’ll need for household belongings
- The duties you’ll pay for vehicles
- The documents you’ll need for vehicles
- How to find the best international moving company
- Our Mozambique International Moving Services
- Why A-1 Auto Transport?
- Contact us today
Mozambique International Moving Services
Nearly all people have had to move during their lifetime. You must have realized that whether you are relocating because of change of job or you are just moving your valuables to another location, it can be a daunting task that often requires a professional’s help.
An international move is that much more challenging. It comes with numerous logistical requirements and for you to have it done correctly, you need help.
How Much Does It Cost to Move to Mozambique?
The cost of moving internationally to Mozambique can range anywhere from $2,000-$12,000 depending on a variety of factors such as the total distance, size of move, route, current market trends, and transportation method.
The stress of moving to a new country can be grueling. However, hiring an international moving company to handle your move can save you a lot of headaches. Doing the proper research to make sure the moving company you're partnering with is licensed to operate is essential to get positive outcomes. You can confirm any moving company by checking with or calling the Federal Maritime Commission.
Hiring an international moving company can be costly, but you can reduce or cut costs by getting rid of unwanted items to lessen your move size.
Apart from moving your items to your destination country, you also need to get there. To get there, you need to apply for a visa. The cost of getting a visa will depend on the country you're moving to, the type of visa you want, and the length of your stay there. If you are moving with your family, you should expect your visa fees to increase.
Navigating the visa documentation process can also be a bit difficult. As a result, you might need legal expertise, which would also mean more expenses to cover for you.
Most international moving companies offer storage services whether you need them for a long or short-term purpose. The space your items take up in storage will determine the cost you'll be billed for storage. If you would need storage for long-term purposes, it'd be better if you requested a temperature-controlled storage unit. Even though it'll be more expensive, it would help you prevent damage during the term.
Discuss your storage needs with your moving company, and they will find the most suitable options for you.
Moving to Mozambique Cost & Time Examples
|Boston to Maputo||$3,600- $5,900||$6,700- $11,200||4-7 weeks|
|New York to Matola||$3,600- $6,100||$6,800- $11,200||4-7 weeks|
|Los Angeles to Maputo||$4,000- $6,600||$7,600- $12,400||5-8 weeks|
|Seattle to Maputo||$4,000- $6,600||$7,500- $12,400||5-8 weeks|
|Dallas to Maputo||$4,100- $6,800||$7,600- $12,600||4-7 weeks|
|Chicago to Maputo||$4,500- $7,600||$8,500- $13,900||4-7 weeks|
|Phoenix to Matola||$4,800- $7,900||$8,800- $14,500||5-8 weeks|
|Philadelphia to Beira||$4,800- $7,900||$8,800- $14,400||4-7 weeks|
|Memphis to Beira||$5,400- $9,000||$10,000- $16,500||4-8 weeks|
|Denver to Matola||$6,100- $10,000||$11,200- $18,300||5-9 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
This is where A-1 Auto Transport comes in. Our team of professionals is well trained to take you safely to your destination in the most hassle-free way possible. Our customers spread across the globe have rated our shipping services as the best.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
Moving internationally, unlike locally, comes with its challenges and therefore it is imperative for one to:
- Prepare for the move: Ensure you have everything ready, whether it’s the travel documents or your luggage, have it ready and ensure that packing is done for easy moving.
- Get a professional mover: This is someone who has the expertise in moving internationally. They will simplify the whole process for you and ensure you have settled in your new destination.
Ensure your destination is ready. Get a house/ a store for your luggage to avoid being stranded while there.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-241-3110 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
The duties you’ll pay for household belongings
Mozambique affords you the opportunity to import household goods without paying duty, if you purchased these items at least six months ago. You also must have personally used them for this length of time, and been residing outside of Mozambique for a minimum of the last 12 months. This duty exemption even extends to used electronics.
In order to have duty waived, your shipment must enter the country no later than six months after you relocate to Mozambique. Customs also mandates that you not sell, lend out to others or get rid of these goods while living in the country. Finally, it’s required that all paperwork be given to the destination agent a minimum of 15 days before your goods enter port. A separate tax of 1% is charged on all shipments owned by foreign nationals, regardless of whether you’ve been granted import duty exemption (1).
The documents you’ll need for household belongings
A number of specific documents are required for shipments of household items, including your passport and visa. Customs will also request the Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill, plus a complete packing list. A separate comprehensive inventory with all monetary values listed is required as well - and this must have your signature, the date and be written in Portuguese.
A Letter of Employment from the company you’ll be working for within Mozambique is compulsory, along with a Work Permit and/or Resident Permit. A NUIT Certificate and receipts for any electrical goods on your shipment not purchased at least six months ago are also required (2).
The duties you’ll pay for vehicles
Here the news isn’t as encouraging, as no duty exemption for vehicle imports is offered to foreigners (except diplomats). In addition, one reliable source reports that these duties and taxes are quite expensive.
The precise rate customs will charge is based upon the model, year of manufacture, size of the engine and the vehicle’s value. The taxes paid on vehicle imports can be as low as 5% and as high as 110% (3). Whether duties are in addition to these figures isn’t specified. To get a more definite idea of what you’ll pay for your particular vehicle, you should contact customs directly.
The documents you’ll need for vehicles
You must provide the purchase receipt or invoice, your passport and your NUIT Certificate to customs. They will also need to see the Original Bill of Lading, which is required to list the engine and chassis numbers, make, model, year and engine size. Also, a pre-shipment examination of your vehicle (presumably in the origin country) may be necessary for certain HS codes (4).
It would stand to reason that if this is the case in your situation, then you may need to show paperwork proving this examination was performed. The title and registration for the vehicle are also mandatory documentation, as well as your driver’s license. Lastly, customs must be presented with proof of international insurance coverage (5).
Though the majority of the import rules, filing requirements and duty charges have been covered here - this treatment isn’t exhaustive. Therefore, you’d be wise to speak with customs for yourself, to ascertain what specific regulations will pertain to your shipments.
How to find the best international moving company
When looking for Mozambique International Moving Services, ensure the mover you settle for is certified. They need to have the requisite permits from the relevant Mozambique government authorities.
A good mover will have presence in all countries and cities of operation. They will have fully functional offices complete with agents.
The company should have been in business for a good number of years, which is proof of their experience.
Our Mozambique International Moving Services
- Packing/unpacking: We help you pack your luggage in the best way for easy picking and at your destination, we help you unpack and settle-in.
- Commercial moving: You could be a car dealer or a businessperson wishing to import valuables from abroad. You need not worry about your moving we will do it for you at an affordable rate.
- Office moves: You want your office moved to your new destination without disturbance. Our team of experts are well trained and have the experience to do just that.
- Apartment moves: As tricky as it may be to do this, we have the experience to help you navigate through this process without a hitch.
- Planning and preparation: As part of your Mozambique International Moving Services, we will plan your journey in detail and ensure you have all you need.
- Visa and immigration services: Visa application and getting other documents from the immigration department is a challenge for most people. We have our team on the ground to ensure this is not the case for you.
- Housing assistance: Once you are at your destination, you do not have to worry about where to stay or store your valuables, we will help you get a good place to stay and a store for your valuables.
- Family services: We care for your family, and that is why A-1 Auto Transport have made it a reality for you and your loved ones to move without strain. We can move as many of you as possible at an affordable rate.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
A-1 Auto Transport has been in the moving business for over two decades and has experience in all kinds of moving both local and international.
We have the best team of experts who will walk you through the journey from start to finish and make sure you are settled.
We have presence globally with offices in the main cities of the world.
We will ensure your belongings are fully covered while on transit.
We offer our services at affordable rates and you can get a free quote online through our website.
Every international move has its unique challenges, and that is why we have put in place a team of experts who will assure you of a smooth process. We are good at what we do, and the many customers we have served are a testimony.
Contact us today
Whatever valuables you want to have moved, feel free to call us on 888-241-3110 or contact us here. Kindly fill-out our form at the top of this page so that we can serve you better. We can assure you that with us, your search for Mozambique International Moving Services is over. Let's talk.
(1) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Mozambique” page. (2) http://www.iamovers.org/ResourcesPublications/CountryGuides.aspx?ItemNumber=3587 (3) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Mozambique” page. (4) http://www.iamovers.org/ResourcesPublications/CountryGuides.aspx?ItemNumber=3587 (5) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Mozambique” page.