Deliver Your House Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Morocco
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call now 1-888-509-3213
Morocco International Moving Services
Opportunities await many people and companies across the globe. So as to seize such opportunities, individuals and companies may move to the country that they have interest in. Such movement would also include the transportation of their belongings, pets, cars or office inventory. This can be called international moving or relocation. You may opt to move independently or to hire international moving services from reputable movers.
Moving to Morocco Cost & Time Examples
|Miami to Casablanca||$3,200- $5,500||$6,200- $10,200||4-6 weeks|
|Detroit to Casablanca||$3,700- $6,200||$7,000- $11,300||4-6 weeks|
|Dallas to Casablanca||$3,700- $6,300||$7,100- $11,600||4-6 weeks|
|Atlanta to Casablanca||$3,700- $6,300||$7,100- $11,600||4-6 weeks|
|Chicago to Casablanca||$3,700- $6,300||$7,900- $13,000||4-6 weeks|
|Seattle to Casablanca||$3,900- $6,400||$7,300- $12,100||5-8 weeks|
|San Jose to Rabat||$4,000- $6,600||$7,600- $12,400||5-8 weeks|
|Portland to Rabat||$4,100- $7,000||$7,900- $13,000||5-8 weeks|
|Columbus to Rabat||$4,100- $7,000||$7,700- $12,600||4-6 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Rabat||$4,500- $7,500||$8,400- $13,800||5-8 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size):
1BR=2600 lbs – 3900 lbs
2BR=3900 lbs – 5200 lbs
3BR=6500 lbs – 9100 lbs
4BR=9100 lbs – 14300 lbs
5BR=11700 lbs – 19500 lbs
Using movers enables you to ship your car to Morocco and other valuables in a more relaxed manner since you have passed the daunting task to the movers.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
The following tips will help you to make your international move easier:
- Prepare for your move way in advance so that you may have sufficient time to handle all that is required.
- Search for a mover who may offer you with the best Morocco International Moving Services.
- Do your paperwork in good time and ensure that they are processed so as to have an easy time gaining entry into Morocco and shipping your goods. You can seek clarification on the shipping policies from the Moroccan Consulate. The US Department of Transportation (USDOT) also has valuable travel information.
- If you are using the services of a mover, it is advisable to pay for the services as soon as possible.
Household goods import duties
According to the International Association of Movers, the typical import duty on household belongings can be waived. To qualify, you must have purchased these items at least six months ago, and used them personally as well. In addition, you’re required to apply for an exemption certificate, if you wish to avoid paying import duties for your shipment. It’s further instructed that you send all documents (using express shipping service) at least 15 days before your goods are set to enter port in Morocco (1).
Another dependable source guides that simply mailing documents 15 days ahead of time is insufficient – stating that the destination agent in Morocco must have possession of them 15 days before your shipment enters port. It goes on to say, that duty exemption is limited to what customs decides is a reasonable quantity of goods. Finally, if you wish to bring more than one duty-free shipment into the country, a six month time limit is imposed (2).
Household goods import documents
Customs must be given the Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill for your shipment, plus a full packing list. Your passport with a valid entry permit and a detailed inventory are also required. This inventory is to include values, your signature and the date (and be written in French). If you’ll be bringing in any electronics purchased under six months ago, then you must have receipts for these goods.
A Certificate of Change of Residence may also be needed, though this may only apply for returning citizens of Morocco. A Resident Permit, Work Permit and Letter of Employment may all be needed – or it’s possible that just one of these documents will fulfill customs filing requirements (3).
Vehicle import duties
Unfortunately, the duties and taxes imposed by Moroccan customs on permanent vehicle imports are burdensome – to the point where you may want to reconsider bringing a vehicle along during your move (4). The specific duty rate isn’t enumerated by trusted sources, so you’ll need to speak with customs for more detailed information (5).
The good news is, it appears that you can temporarily import your vehicle for up to three months, without incurring any duties. Officially termed “circulation” of your vehicle, it’s conceivable that this simply refers to the ability to ship your vehicle through different waypoints within the country (6). To confirm that you can use your vehicle for a space of three months without charge, you’ll again need to discuss the matter with customs.
If paying the high import duties for permanent import isn’t enough to dissuade you – then be aware that vehicles manufactured over five years ago are handled differently. According to one source, they simply aren’t allowed into Morocco (7). Yet, the International Association of Movers says cars of this age can be imported for up to six months. Further, they assert that you must have all paperwork turned in to the destination agent, a minimum of one month before your shipment enters port. Otherwise, storage fees or slow processing times may be the result (8).
Vehicle import documents
You must have the Original Bill of Lading (or possibly the Air Waybill) for the vehicle shipment, and this must list certain information (9). This includes the chassis number, make, vehicle’s weight, model and the engine number. Both the title and registration for the vehicle are also required, along with an Import Permit. Finally, a purchase receipt must be shown, as well as any service records and receipts for the vehicle (10).
The information covered above is an excellent starting point in your pre-move preparations. However, this guide isn’t definitive and a good number of additional filing and regulatory requirements will apply to your shipments. Thus, it’s important that you talk with customs, to verify all of the most up-to-date details before shipping your belongings.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
Morocco is a panoramic county in Northern Africa. Although shipping to this country is relatively cheaper and easier compared to other African countries due to its strategic location, it is advisable to seek the services of a professional mover. This is because you will probably need additional services to make your move hassle-free. Also, you can benefit by having the mover negotiate for the taxes and duties imposed on car importation. Since the moving company is experienced with shipping to Morocco, they will make this a less complex process for you.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
The following guidelines will help you to find the best international moving company:
- Timely deliveries. You may be shipping a car and you will be required to receive it at the port when it is delivered. Therefore, it is important to hire a mover who can ship your car in good time.
- How frequent the mover handles shipments will determine the speed in which they will act on your request. Also, this experience enables them to reliably ship your belongings.
- Does the mover have a good standing among its peers in the shipping industry? What are the ratings given by previous clients?
- Is the company licensed to provide Morocco International Moving Services and does it possess the relevant credentials?
Our Morocco international moving services
- Packing/unpacking: We offer you with all the assistance that you may require.
- Commercial moving: It is possible to move large equipment. We will ship your tools of trade safely. However, please note that you may be required to pay additional fees when they arrive in Morocco.
- Office moves: We help your business to make the big move successfully.
- Apartment moves: Move to Morocco with us in ease and comfort.
- Planning and preparation: We understand that timeliness are very important and that is why we help you plan your move and sync the events.
- Visa and immigration services: We guide you on how to gain entry into Morocco.
- Housing assistance: We give you convenient housing assistance services.
- Family services: We do our best to make the move easy for you and your family.
- Auto transport services: We can ship your car to Morocco within 6 weeks. We also advise you on the mistakes to avoid when shipping a car to Morocco
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
If you are seeking for a reputable international mover who will offer you with timely delivery and great support; look no further! A-1 Auto Transport promises to meet and exceed your expectations. We are also experienced in shipping to Morocco and can negotiate for lower taxes and duties and request for exemptions. We also give you constant updates on your shipping, giving you more peace of mind.
Move with us!
Please fill-out the form at the top of the page. You may get a free quote for the Morocco International Moving Services upon request. Also, feel free to give us a call at whichever hour on the following number: 888-509-3213. You can also reach out to us using our contact details. Move with us and experience a hassle-free relocation.
(2) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Morocco” page.
(4) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Morocco” page.
(5) http://www.iamovers.org/ResourcesPublications/CountryGuides.aspx?ItemNumber=3591 and Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Morocco” page
(6) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Morocco” page.
(10)Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Morocco” page.