Montenegro International Moving Services
International moving is the process where a business or individual relocates to a different country. This can at times be a long, daunting process and that is where professional firms who provide international moving services come in. If you would like to move to Montenegro, such a company can assist you move your household goods, office inventory or ship your car.
Moving to Montenegro Cost & Time Examples
|Miami to Podgorica||$3,300- $5,500||$6,200- $10,300||3-6 weeks|
|NY to Podgorica||$3,300- $5,700||$6,300- $10,300||3-6 weeks|
|Jacksonville to Nikšić||$3,700- $6,200||$6,800- $11,200||3-6 weeks|
|Dallas to Podgorica||$3,900- $6,400||$7,100- $11,700||3-6 weeks|
|LA to Podgorica||$4,000- $6,700||$7,600- $12,500||5-8 weeks|
|Seattle to Podgorica||$4,000- $6,700||$7,600- $12,500||5-8 weeks|
|Memphis to Nikšić||$4,100- $7,000||$7,700- $12,600||3-6 weeks|
|Portland to Nikšić||$4,200- $7,200||$8,100- $13,300||5-8 weeks|
|Phoenix to Podgorica||$4,800- $7,900||$8,900- $14,500||5-8 weeks|
|Denver to Podgorica||$6,100- $10,000||$11,200- $18,300||5-8 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Duties you’ll face when importing household items
Duty exemption is offered by customs, if you purchased these household belongings at least six months ago (and have been personally using them during that time). You also must have resided in another country for a minimum of the last 12 months. Customs gives you a full year to bring these goods into Montenegro, after which duty exemption will no longer be available on your shipments.
A declaration submitted in writing, which confirms that you will only be importing these goods on a temporary basis, is also a condition of receiving exemption. Last, if you are granted duty-free importation, then the items on this shipment aren’t permitted to be sold within the country (1).
Documents you’ll need when importing household items
You must provide customs with your passport, Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill and Declaration of Customer (informing them how long you plan to remain in Montenegro). A valid Residence Visa and a detailed inventory are also required. Be sure to list the serial number, brand name and model for all electronics on this inventory - as well as monetary values for every item in your shipment. Finally, you should show a lease for a residence within the country, along with a letter from your employer (2).
Duties you’ll face when importing a vehicle
According to a credible source, taxes to import a vehicle are astonishingly low, ranging between 10 and 50 Euros. The exact amount is determined by the vehicle size, model, monetary value, year of manufacture, engine displacement and more (3).
Documents you’ll need when importing a vehicle
You must supply customs with the vehicle’s purchase invoice and registration, along with your passport and visa. Your Original Bill of Lading is also required, plus a Letter of Employment written by the company you work for within Montenegro (4).
A number of additional documents will be needed when clearing shipments of household goods or vehicles through customs. Other regulations and fees not discussed here may also be applicable. Consequently, talking the matter over with customs should be an integral part of your planning - to avoid any oversights which may cause delays or added costs.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
Making an international move does not necessarily have to be hectic. The following tips can guide you to make this a smooth process:
- Research on what is required when relocating. You may get information at the US Department of Transportation (USDOT) and other relevant authorities or agencies. You also need to research on the rules governing your destination as well as search for the best moving company that will meet your needs and match your budget.
- Package your goods in a way that allows for easy storage and movement. If you have any fragile items, be sure to indicate this.
- To enjoy smooth document processing, prepare your documents and present them as and when required.
- Liaise with the moving company and keep your lines of communication open in order to avoid disappointment.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
Relocating is not an easy task. You need someone who can assist you in packing and unpacking, transportation and document processing. A professional moving company will provide you with services to make your moving day less overwhelming from start to finish. Be sure to find one that has experience in offering Montenegro International Moving Services.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
When you are making an international move, you need to hire the best moving company that will offer you with secure and reliable transportation of your goods as well as courteous personnel who will handle your requests. To find the best international moving company, do some research and find out if the company is licensed to ship to Montenegro. Also check the company’s ratings to get an idea of its performance. It is also a good idea to find out if their insurance cover caters for third parties. When seeking Montenegro International Moving Services, request for estimates of the cost of shipping and match this against the type of service they provide.
Our Montenegro international moving services
- Packing/unpacking: We have packing supplies that make the move easy.
- Commercial moving: It is our business to help your business move and settle down quickly in Montenegro.
- Office moves: We can assist you relocate your office and facilitate for an easy transition.
- Apartment moves: Settling into your new home should be stress-free and we help you achieve this.
- Planning and preparation: We know time is essential when making an international move and we help you to plan and prepare for it.
- Visa and immigration services: When moving to Montenegro, there are a number of visa entry requirements. We offer you guidance as you navigate through this process.
- Housing assistance: Moving from house-to-house need not break your back. Our team is dedicated to help you have a smooth move.
- Family services: We know that an international move for the family is a big deal and we can handle the small and big details around this.
- Auto transport services: Moving your automobile in a safe and reliable way is what you are looking for and that is exactly what we offer. We know that already too much is required from you, including being present at the port. That is why we make shipping your car as easy as can be.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
When looking for a firm that offers Montenegro International Moving Services, you want one that has stood the test of time and is the best compared to the rest. A-1 Auto Transport meets this definition. With experience spanning over 20 years and a reliable and professional team, your expectations will be met and exceeded. We are also available to you 24/7 should you need to get in touch. We have the most competitive prices and are ready to give you a free, no obligations, quote just to help you with your planning.
Make the right move!
Please fill-out the form at the top of the page. You will be one step away from making the right move. We are also a call away and available 24/7 at 888-509-3213 to answer any question you have or to provide you with advice. You can also get in touch using the contact details given here.
(1) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Montenegro” page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.