Mongolia International Moving Services
International moving happens when a company or individual transports their goods and belongings from one country to another. To make such a move, it is advisable to seek international moving services. This gives you the chance to have a hassle-free move and you will also have peace of mind that all details, big and small are being looked into and acted upon. You will also have confidence that your goods will be transported safely and that your car gets to Mongolia safely.
Moving to Mongolia Cost & Time Examples
|San Jose to Erdenet||$8,700- $11,800||$15,600- $20,800||5-7 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Erdenet||$9,200- $12,400||$16,500- $22,100||5-7 weeks|
|New York to Erdenet||$9,300- $12,500||$16,900- $22,600||6-8 weeks|
|Miami to Ulaanbaatar||$9,300- $12,500||$16,900- $22,600||6-8 weeks|
|Phoenix to Ulaanbaatar||$9,500- $12,800||$16,900- $22,600||5-7 weeks|
|Detroit to Ulaanbaatar||$9,700- $13,200||$17,600- $23,600||6-8 weeks|
|Dallas to Ulaanbaatar||$9,800- $13,300||$17,800- $23,900||6-8 weeks|
|Memphis to Erdenet||$10,200- $13,700||$18,400- $24,700||6-8 weeks|
|Chicago to Ulaanbaatar||$10,400- $14,100||$18,800- $25,200||6-8 weeks|
|Denver to Ulaanbaatar||$10,900- $14,700||$19,400- $26,100||5-7 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Import duties levied on shipments of household goods
According to one trusted source, your used household belongings can be imported without paying duty. In order to be awarded this exemption, you must have purchased them at least six months ago (and personally used them during this time period). You also must have resided outside of Mongolia for a minimum of the last 12 months.
Finally, you have just six months after entering the country, to bring in shipments free of any import duty. If you are fortunate enough to garner duty exemption, then you aren’t allowed to sell, lend out to others or get rid of these goods while in Mongolia (1).
Documents required for shipments of household goods
You must show a declaration form, your passport and the Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill for the shipment. Your Residence Permit and a valid Employer Registration Certification are also required. Customs will also ask for a comprehensive inventory (2).
Your visa and a Power of Attorney should be provided as well. An Employer’s Request Letter may also be necessary. Finally, bear in mind that your Residence Permit must be good for at least 183 days from the current date (and be notarized). If you don’t have this document upon arrival in Mongolia, you’ll be granted one week to acquire it (3).
Import duties levied on vehicle shipments
There aren’t any duty exemptions available for vehicle imports, and you’ll pay the standard rate when it enters Mongolia. This is currently 5% of the vehicle’s value, which includes the cost of shipping and other unnamed fees. If you’re importing a passenger vehicle, then a separate excise tax will apply.
The rate for this excise tax is dependant upon the engine capacity and age of your vehicle. For example, a vehicle with less than 1,500 cc’s of power and which is only 2 years old, will incur excise tax of just $500 USD. In contrast, a vehicle with 5,000 cc’s of power which is 10 years old, will be charged excise tax of $13,000 USD (4).
In addition to import duty and excise tax (for passenger vehicles), a VAT of 10% is also charged. This rate is levied on the combined total of the vehicle’s value, import duties and excise taxes (5).
Documents required for vehicle shipments
Customs will not permit your vehicle to enter Mongolia, until you provide the required documentation. The purchase receipt, title and registration for the vehicle are all mandatory. You must also present proof of insurance coverage (or Insurance Certificate) and a valid driver’s license (6).
A complete list of the vehicle’s details is required as well, which should include the chassis and engine numbers, type of fuel it uses, make, model and size of the engine. Your Original Bill of Lading should also be submitted to customs (7).
Before shipping your valuable goods and/or vehicle to Mongolia, it’s important that you first give customs a call. They’ll be able to inform you regarding the many additional regulations that apply, which have not been covered here. Customs can also relate the latest developments, in terms of changes in their policy, paperwork and fee requirements.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
A lot of preparation is required when moving overseas. There are also a number of procedures while shipping goods or moving to a different country. The following tips will enable you to make your international move easier:
- Plan and prepare well: Know all the details related to your move. These include, but are not limited to: Knowing the expected shipping and delivery time, the documents required as well as the goods that may not be allowed entry to your destination.
- Get informed: To make an informed move, you need to have all the facts right. Relevant authorities such as the Embassy of Mongolia and the US Department of Transportation (USDOT) make such information easily accessible on their websites.
- Liaise with the moving company: Make all the particulars related to your move known so that your expectations may be met. Also, pay for the services as soon as when required so that your request may be acted upon.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
While relocating overseas, you may need guidance on the rules governing shipping as well as the documents that need to be processed. A professional moving company is best suited to be your trusted guide. Such a company will make your move easier and also be your trusted guide, from start to finish. A moving company which offers Mongolia International Moving Services will also be familiar with the rules governing shipping to Mongolia and offer you all the advice you need to make the transition.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
To find out which mover is best for you, look into factors such as their experience, performance, rating and authorization to ship to and operate in Mongolia. Cost is also an important factor. You may request for quotes from moving companies offering Mongolia International Moving Services so as to get an estimate of the shipping cost.
Our Mongolia international moving services
- Packing/unpacking: We go out of our way to ensure you are packed and ready to go and also that you are settled in once we get to Mongolia.
- Commercial moving: Big or small businesses can make the big move with us and get back to business.
- Office moves: It is our business to help you get back to business in your new space.
- Apartment moves: We help make your move to your apartment in Mongolia easy.
- Planning and preparation: We help you plan and prepare the big and small details of your move.
- Visa and immigration services: We are familiar with the rules of entry that govern Mongolia and we can advise you accordingly.
- Housing assistance: Our housing assistance services are available to help make your relocation easier.
- Family services: We understand that each family is unique and requires different types of service. That is why we offer tailor-made family services.
- Auto transport services: We understand that shipping a car to Mongolia involves a lot of processes and paperwork but we do our best to make this easy for you. We will guide you through the full process, considering you will first need to dock at either of the Chinese ports (Qingdao or Tianjin) and thereafter transport it to Mongolia via trucks.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
What makes A-1 Auto Transport better than the rest? We are an experienced company which has delivered great service for many years. We also offer the best prices in the market and give you value for your money. Our professional team is dedicated to guide you through each step. We also provide shipping quotes for free and with no attached obligations.
Get in touch!
Please fill-out the form at the top of the page. We are just a phone call and a click away! Call us on 888-509-3213 or use the details provided here to contact us. Do get in touch and get a quote for your Mongolia International Moving Services. Make your move in an affordable but reliable way.
(1) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Mongolia” page. (2) http://www.iamovers.org/ResourcesPublications/CountryGuides.aspx?ItemNumber=3579 (3) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Mongolia” page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.